September 20, 2024, 10:56:33 AM

Author Topic: STP/Chester Interview [18.05.2013]  (Read 23055 times)

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP/Chester Interview [18.05.2013]
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »

When asked about Scott Robert's face is a poem. What do you look?
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 04:23:55 PM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:00:09 PM by Flyingmerpa »

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »
It's like I've been having amazing sex with the same woman for 20 years but now when I look at her face al I see is a 14 year old boy.  This is how I feel about stp right now.
LMAO
If you only knew..

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »

When asked about Scott Robert's face is a poem. What do you look?

Hey, buddy. Here's something that may help you out a little bit, and may help the rest of us understand what you're saying. English is tough : )

http://translate.google.com/

Cheers.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »
I actually think he may be using google translate to write his posts as it is. It's good, but it's not perfect.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
Pfft. I understood just fine!
If you only knew..

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »

Hahaha, Sorry, i would to say that in the video the face of Robert is a poem, he look to the sky when the journalist do a question about Scott.

Yeah...i will try to write better...
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »
Weird seeing Rob and Chester so giddy, talking with British accents and such and Dean being very mellow, somber almost, usually hes the goof in interviews. and well Kretz, lol.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

loungeflyy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2013, 03:05:25 AM »
I get why they didn't change the name of the band - obviously this is the band they most associate with and the music they want to play. But honestly, it's hard for me to think of there being an STP w/o Scott. I'd frankly rather they call themselves something else and just play a bunch of STP tunes at their shows.

That being said, I'm still stoked for more music from DeLeos + Kretz.
you couldn\'t swing if you were hangin\' from a palm tree in a hurricane

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2013, 03:24:43 AM »
I get why they didn't change the name of the band - obviously this is the band they most associate with and the music they want to play. But honestly, it's hard for me to think of there being an STP w/o Scott. I'd frankly rather they call themselves something else and just play a bunch of STP tunes at their shows.

That being said, I'm still stoked for more music from DeLeos + Kretz.

I'd be fine with Stone Temple Pilots featuring Chester Bennington.

My feeling is this though. Why change the band name if you would be playing the tunes from the STP catalog? This is NOT the first time a lead singer from a band was canned and replaced. It happens quite a bit. However, since Scott is more of a high profile lead singer, it seems like a big deal. I love the guy, but he's had his chances. I've grown tired of his act. Maybe this is his wake up call.

Plus, Chester is a big fan. He will honor the legacy that STP has set forth. Who in their right mind would pass up a chance to front their favorite band of all-time?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:26:33 AM by loungefly611 »
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2013, 07:22:18 PM »

Hahaha, Sorry, i would to say that in the video the face of Robert is a poem, he look to the sky when the journalist do a question about Scott.

Yeah...i will try to write better...

Your cool man... good effort. -thumb's up-
And yeah, I agree. While I'm not against Chester in the group, I feel like Robert was basically putting on a show like you might for an ex-girlfriend when you were a kid. "Look, I went and got a younger version of you and we are really happy. See how happy? So happy that I'm making obviously forced jokes and smiling while I glance into the camera to see if you caught it, but not so clear that you know I'm intentionally trying to rub it in your face". 

That's what I saw in that interview.   To be clear though, my commentary here isn't a stand on the move they've made, just more of an observation of what I saw in Robert during that interview. I'm sure he's also got career and happiness motivations as well that legitimize this project.

I'm sure it's a complicated range of emotions.

I'd be fine with Stone Temple Pilots featuring Chester Bennington.

My feeling is this though. Why change the band name if you would be playing the tunes from the STP catalog? This is NOT the first time a lead singer from a band was canned and replaced. It happens quite a bit. However, since Scott is more of a high profile lead singer, it seems like a big deal. I love the guy, but he's had his chances. I've grown tired of his act. Maybe this is his wake up call.

Plus, Chester is a big fan. He will honor the legacy that STP has set forth. Who in their right mind would pass up a chance to front their favorite band of all-time?

Well said on all points.  I just think that this is shocking because for years now STP has said that there is no STP without the original lineup. So for us as fans, this is a wayyyyy out of left field move that we've reserved in mind for other bands. But I think it's going to work if they can churn out an album.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:32:15 PM by IMJ »
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
I just think that this is shocking because for years now STP has said that there is no STP without the original lineup. So for us as fans, this is a wayyyyy out of left field move that we've reserved in mind for other bands. But I think it's going to work if they can churn out an album.

I understand completely.. In fact, a week ago I honestly thought I wouldn't be ok with them using the "STP" moniker...

But when you think about it, the DeLeos and Kretz have bent over backwards SO MANY TIMES for Scott, it's time they just do what he's doing and start taking their own interests into account.

Just think... They've given him two chances at reunions, they've continued to work through tours where he was consistently fucking up, and they've let two of their side projects burn because they didn't want to disrespect Scott and call themselves STP.

And what's Scott done in return? He refuses to rehearse with them, he refuses to record with them, he refuses to be on the same bus as them, he doesn't even appear to talk to them AT ALL... He just shows a couple minute before the show (or late), usually drunk,  gives a half-assed performance, and then leaves.

If Scott's not gonna show the other guys any respect and act like a member of a band should, then I just don't think he has a right to be in that band anymore.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
I just think that this is shocking because for years now STP has said that there is no STP without the original lineup. So for us as fans, this is a wayyyyy out of left field move that we've reserved in mind for other bands. But I think it's going to work if they can churn out an album.

I understand completely.. In fact, a week ago I honestly thought I wouldn't be ok with them using the "STP" moniker...

But when you think about it, the DeLeos and Kretz have bent over backwards SO MANY TIMES for Scott, it's time they just do what he's doing and start taking their own interests into account.

Just think... They've given him two chances at reunions, they've continued to work through tours where he was consistently fucking up, and they've let two of their side projects burn because they didn't want to disrespect Scott and call themselves STP.

And what's Scott done in return? He refuses to rehearse with them, he refuses to record with them, he refuses to be on the same bus as them, he doesn't even appear to talk to them AT ALL... He just shows a couple minute before the show (or late), usually drunk,  gives a half-assed performance, and then leaves.

If Scott's not gonna show the other guys any respect and act like a member of a band should, then I just don't think he has a right to be in that band anymore.

I always think the same thing, but I don't think that's really the point. Their personal issues shouldn't involve how we feel about what they've stablished through the years as a band with that name.
We can call Scott all the names in the book, but at the end of the day, he wouldn't go out there calling himself STP. Yea, he promoted his purple to the core tour and all that jive, but he's never done that. Ever. The guy is delusional at times... But he's been vocal for years about providing the fans a better set list and celebrating Core, and we all know who's against it throught interviews..

You know, since the reunion, I've BLAHBLHABLAH about the fact that this was all because of money, and I wasn't all happy and lovey about them getting back together for those reasons. A lot of people seemed in complete joy about the fact that "Scott is mad at Slash!!! Yays!!! He's back home!!" Yet... Nobody thought about the fact this guy wasn't even healthy, and it's clear that the rest of the band didn't give a shit as long as he was there helping them make a buck. The beginning of the reunion was the nail in the coffin for the self destruction of the band and It's not only Scott.

Throught the years, they've gone by different names without him, and now that they're getting older, they've realized that the whole "respect" thing doesn't matter when you need to fill your pockets. Robert, Dean, & Eric have finally developed the Gene Simmons/Paul Stanley complex. "Screw what anybody says, this is our band, and it deserves to live on" bullshit excuse. If Scott was dead, it'd be completely different, and none of us have a clue of what he did to ultimately piss the guys off for good, but! Start your own different band! Create something else with a new singer that has his own identity! If you respect and lie your band so much, don't ever disregard the efforts of the main reason your songs came to life... Lyrics and melodies. Chester Bennington isn't Scott Weiland. He doesn't write the same songs, he doesn't sing the same way, he doesn't carry himself the same way, therefore, how could he be the lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots??
Oh.. Never mind. It's a brand now, so it doesn't matter.

Yea, I'm mad! You got a problem, yo!?!?

>=-{
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:21:02 PM by VelvetLounngeFly »
If you only knew..

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
 "Never mind. It's a brand now, so it doesn't matter."

its all about branding
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »
If Scott was sober and Kretz was showing up late, drunk, and fucking up his drum fills almost every night; do you think the other three members would even fucking hesitate to fire him and bring in Ray Luzier?

This isn't a double standard. Scott isn't 50% of STP, he's 25%... So this rift isn't an even split. If any other member had been that 25%, they'd be gone the same as Scott is. Do you think they'd stop calling themselves STP just Rob, Dean or Kretz was out of the picture.

And the Wildabouts not being called STP isn't a fair comparison at all... Robert isn't bringing in three new guys and using the old band name. It's the majority of STP deciding to continue using the name.
Grab the hate and drown it out...