September 20, 2024, 12:55:47 PM

Author Topic: STP/Chester Interview [18.05.2013]  (Read 23081 times)

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: STP/Chester Interview [18.05.2013]
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 05:05:24 AM »
Rob is all smiles.  Can't quit cheesing lmao.

His dream since 1997 of creating a viable band without Scott has finally come true.

Very true.  Even though Scott may permanently be gone, I'm actually happy for Rob.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:24:11 AM by DeadAndNotForSale »
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 06:23:11 AM »
Trying to stay open, trying to stay positive....
It just really sucks it's come to this.  They're all partially to blame.

Seeing their glances and smirks just at the reference of Scott, it's just a bummer.

Hopefully this works out for everyone...

Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

KellyD

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »
Chester is officially part of STP now.

It's a good time for him. Linkin Park only has a few shows this year and they were already on a bit of a break because their DJ is doing his film.

I really think Chester is going into this with the utmost respect for the whole band. As you could hear at the end Chester said of Scott, "We wish nothing but the best for Scott. Great singer. Help participate in making some of the best records of all time . Wish nothing but the best for him."

I feel like for STP this is a good thing. Remember that Chester himself if a huge fan. I imagine if Scott wanted to come back that Chester would bow out with no drama because he has Linkin Park to fall back on.

Maybe this is all an attempt to shake some sense into Scott, or maybe it's just the DeLeo brother and Kretz wanting to do what they love and make/play music.

I get how the name thing is an issue, but that too could change and they could have just used it now to get the word out.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Great 1st post.  Welcome to the board!

Thanks.  :) I think I'm going to be the first of many new STP fans. I have a lot of respect for Scott, and sincerely hope he returns to STP, however I am a huge Chester fan and I'm pretty excited for him.

I'm a moderator on one of the big LP boards, and a lot of people are already talking about saving up going to shows and buying new music. So the DeLeo brothers and Kretz definitely picked the right fanbase if they want some cash lol.

Seriously though, I believe Chester is truly going to give STP 100%. I get how that could be a concern he wouldn't, but Mike is really the mastermind of Linkin Park and the band has everyone contribute, so it's not like Chester will be doing the bulk for both bands.

Remember guys Chester is a huge STP fan, so he's going in with a lot of respect. He's also now the youngest member of the band, and I feel he'll defer to the direction the DeLeo brothers and Eric want to go in. I don't know how the writing process for an STP album works, but for LP it's a LOT of given and take with ALL the members, so Chester doesn't have a diva attitude and will want to change STP into what he wants.

Also if someone could give me a recommendation list of which STP songs to start out with, I'd appreciate it.  ;D
Numbrocker on LPLive: http://lplive.net

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »
Personally, i'd say don't bother with going song by song. Just get Core, listen to it, then get Purple. Repeat until you have listened to all their first 5 albums.

This is the best way to appreciate STP.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
Thanks.  :) I think I'm going to be the first of many new STP fans. I have a lot of respect for Scott, and sincerely hope he returns to STP, however I am a huge Chester fan and I'm pretty excited for him.

I'm a moderator on one of the big LP boards, and a lot of people are already talking about saving up going to shows and buying new music. So the DeLeo brothers and Kretz definitely picked the right fanbase if they want some cash lol.

Seriously though, I believe Chester is truly going to give STP 100%. I get how that could be a concern he wouldn't, but Mike is really the mastermind of Linkin Park and the band has everyone contribute, so it's not like Chester will be doing the bulk for both bands.

Remember guys Chester is a huge STP fan, so he's going in with a lot of respect. He's also now the youngest member of the band, and I feel he'll defer to the direction the DeLeo brothers and Eric want to go in. I don't know how the writing process for an STP album works, but for LP it's a LOT of given and take with ALL the members, so Chester doesn't have a diva attitude and will want to change STP into what he wants.

Also if someone could give me a recommendation list of which STP songs to start out with, I'd appreciate it.  ;D
Welcome aboard!  I'm not a big LP fan (nothing against them though either) but I have mad respect for Chester.  He's a great frontman and has a great voice.  Perfect choice for STP.  I have no doubt he will give 100%, which is what this band needs.  I love Scott, but STP needs a shot in the arm.  Hopefully Chester can be that shot!

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »
Awesome, I haven't seen the guys look this happy in a long time.  Look at them, all giddy, making jokes and just relaxed.   Just have fun and make music, not have to worry about the bullshit!   I thought Chester sounded really good on all the songs, especially Wicked Garden.  I'm not a big fan of Out Of Time at all, but it seems to have brought rejuvenation in to this dying band! 

I want to thank and welcome Chester in to the family, I feel like I just got my favorite band back!

Also, to everyone that is upset they are using the STP name.  Why shouldn't they?  Last I checked these were the people that REALLY care about the band, the name and the fans!  I look at it this way, Robert, Dean and Eric have bent over backwards to make sure Scott was never left out.  Talk Show, AOA and giving Scott multiple chances to prove that he was here for the long haul and quite frankly cared.  It comes to a point when they had to be like fuck it!  This is the band we love to be in, these are the songs we love to play, these are the fans that have made us who we are today, lets get a new singer and have fun again!  Shit just listening to Chester in one interview, it seems like he has more respect for what STP is than the man who helped form the band.  I would be more upset if they played all the songs and were going under a different band name.  Now that would be weird!

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »

It's a good time for him. Linkin Park only has a few shows this year and they were already on a bit of a break because their DJ is doing his film.

I really think Chester is going into this with the utmost respect for the whole band. As you could hear at the end Chester said of Scott, "We wish nothing but the best for Scott. Great singer. Help participate in making some of the best records of all time . Wish nothing but the best for him."

I feel like for STP this is a good thing. Remember that Chester himself if a huge fan. I imagine if Scott wanted to come back that Chester would bow out with no drama because he has Linkin Park to fall back on.

Maybe this is all an attempt to shake some sense into Scott, or maybe it's just the DeLeo brother and Kretz wanting to do what they love and make/play music.

I get how the name thing is an issue, but that too could change and they could have just used it now to get the word out.

Welcome to the board!   Awesome, I am really happy and excited to welcome LP fans into the STP community!  If you want to get a true feeling of what STP is about, I would listen to Shangri-La Dee Da.  It's one of those albums that you probably won't like the first couple of spins, but it will grow on you.  I always felt like that album is when they peaked!   

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »

Welcome aboard!  I'm not a big LP fan (nothing against them though either) but I have mad respect for Chester.  He's a great frontman and has a great voice.  Perfect choice for STP.  I have no doubt he will give 100%, which is what this band needs.  I love Scott, but STP needs a shot in the arm.  Hopefully Chester can be that shot!

You know when LP first came out I was really big into them.  I was still big into them with Meteora too.  They put on really great freakin shows too.  Lot's of passion IMO. 
I can't really say what it was, but after a while they just kind of faded for me (I honestly think radio ruined it for me a bit.  They sank their teeth into LPs singles and just diluted the airwaves with it.) 
Anyhoo as I was working with an NYC rock radio station, a few years down the line I was working LP's summer tour and stuck around for the show and even several years removed their show blew me away.

I have no doubt about Chester's commitment to this.  There have been several side projects in Linkin Park throughout their run, and I honestly think the rest of STP are more than happy to have him even if it means working around LP's schedule.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »

Welcome!  Obviously you have to check out Plush, Interstate Love Song, Trippin, Vasoline, Crackerman, Wicked Garden, etc. 
Besides the singles though, I'd check out adhesive, Too Cool Queenie, Seven Caged Tigers, Lounge Fly, Wonderful, and definitely listening to an STP album front to back will give you a true taste.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »

Hey you :) I decided to join too, haha. We've scouted this site for years but never joined...but belowempty is how we got a lot of our info on Chester's appearances with STP in 2001 (like the STP setlists, etc: http://lplive.net/chesterbennington.php)

I'm very interested in how this will play out. LP has been doing The Mall score/soundtrack since September and SHOULD be done with it by now if they're advertising (that studio flyaway contest + Mike/Joe interview w/Fuse) the new album being worked on. The rumor I've heard from their crew though is that the Asia shows/LA show in August is just a one-off short tour before they work on a new album until *next summer*. Jesus.

So this will give Chester a ton of time to work on STP stuff. I hope this means they'll tour too. Mike writes most of the LP music....I think Chester now has something he can dedicate his time to for the next year. Sweet.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »

Welcome to the board!   Awesome, I am really happy and excited to welcome LP fans into the STP community!  If you want to get a true feeling of what STP is about, I would listen to Shangri-La Dee Da.  It's one of those albums that you probably won't like the first couple of spins, but it will grow on you.  I always felt like that album is when they peaked!   

+1 on that. And welcome Kelly. Seems like we're getting some cool LP fans on here.  :)

I can tell you the ONLY reason I changed my mind about STP continuing without you-know-who is that it's Chester who has come in. Love the guy, love his energy, love that the guys seem so happy - hoping for good things ahead.  8)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »
I think that it is cool that when they asked them about scott no one really spoke up, and you can almost hear the respect in chesters voice like we wish him nothing but the best.  I wonder if Scott really changed his number and didnt tell them.....that makes me sad
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

lexd75

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 07:46:56 PM »

What the hell was with this interview though? So awkward putting Eric in the middle of that when you know he's not gonna fucking say anything. And why does he look 4 feet tall?

Eric's contribution to this interview was as noteworthy as it's always been! I give him credit for having the self-control to keep his mouth shut for as long as he does.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »
Thanks for sharing.
Interesting...
I also have mixed feelings about it all, but I love the new song and I think Chester sounded great singing the other songs live and will only get better with more repetition.

We all know Scott hears/reads about this stuff on the internet. He knew when Robert jammed with Slash so undoubtedly he's all over this.
I wonder if he'll feel the need to put out a rock-hard record to show he can do it without them.

Hey Scott, call up Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger and go do a Doors thing. :)
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »
My last comment was prior to me completing the whole interview...
It definitely seems like Dean and Robert enjoy the "zinging" effect of this on Scott.
Classy move by Chester to show Scott the respect.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19