September 29, 2024, 03:29:45 AM

Author Topic: The band sounds the best it has in twelve years with Chester Bennington.  (Read 10664 times)

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHiEYrJJlZY

I know its not Scott. He will never be Scott.

But it still sounds alot better than anything Scott has managed to put on live over the past decade.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Could be partially because they're not approaching each chorus/break of the songs wondering if the singer was gonna hit the mark too, or if they'd have to pull a last second loop/improvisation until the singer found his way.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Setlist:

01. Vasoline
02. Big Bang Baby
03. Wicked Garden
04. Sex Type Thing
05. Out Of Time
06. Interstate Love Song
07. Dead And Bloated
08. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Setlist:

01. Vasoline
02. Big Bang Baby
03. Wicked Garden
04. Sex Type Thing
05. Out Of Time
06. Interstate Love Song
07. Dead And Bloated
08. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Can someone post vids of the first 5 songs? I've only found one vid of the last three songs.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
As much as I hate to say it, this sounds a hell of a lot more like the band that played Rolling Rock than the STP of 2012.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Yeah, I am really not a Linkin Park fan, but this guy can sing, and i'm happy for the guys they have found someone they want to work with.

I am in for this. I look forward to an album.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Would be super interested to hear his take on BBB as well as see Out of Time live, and I've become a big fan of that song.  Must have heard it at least 7 times
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
The best thing to happen to the Deleo bro's & Kretz in quite sometime.  I do hope they put together a record.  And I for one, am looking forward to when they do release one.
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Really liking this new song and his versions of Dead and Bloated and Trippin' sound amazing. I really liked that he didn't use a megaphone and hope he doesn't in future performances because that's Scott's thing and it would be very strange to see someone else wielding the megaphone.
STP: A bunch.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Grab the hate and drown it out...

thisman

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Nope, you're wrong.  Heard STP three times the last few years and I especially enjoyed their last concert in vegas when they did a greatest hit play list.  They sounded great (including weiland) and i didn't understand why so many people here wanted to blow up the band.  The boys can bring this chester in but they are not STP, never will be.  Shame on them for not understanding that.  I hope their treachery fails.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I don't know what shows you attended, but this does not touch any show from STP I ever attended, including at least 6 shows after the reunion.

Txloungefly

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Nope, you're wrong.  Heard STP three times the last few years and I especially enjoyed their last concert in vegas when they did a greatest hit play list.  They sounded great (including weiland) and i didn't understand why so many people here wanted to blow up the band.  The boys can bring this chester in but they are not STP, never will be.  Shame on them for not understanding that.  I hope their treachery fails.

I was at that Vegas show too and back this up!

Chester is definately no Scott!  I was also hoping he wouldn't bring out the megaphone!

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I really dig it.

I'm glad the Deleo's are back, and putting out new tunes.

I've always thought Chester was one of the best rock singers out there. LP have some really great rockers, they are not only about the rock and that's fine.

With STP, I think Chester will make some kickass tunes.

Can't wait.

You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

TinyPenisMusic

• Co-Pilot
  • WTF?
    • View Profile

I was at that Vegas show too and back this up!

Chester is definately no Scott!  I was also hoping he wouldn't bring out the megaphone!

I went to their last Vegas show too and I thought Scott sounded great. BBB, Between The Lines and the jam session were the vocal highlights to me.
"Hey buddy are you lubed up?" -Scott Weiland