September 30, 2024, 09:26:19 PM

Author Topic: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!  (Read 72928 times)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!
« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2013, 05:10:52 PM »
I heard Out Of Time for the first time on terrestrial radio today.

It's great to see them with a radio hit on their hands, but I wouldn't know...sadly, we, in the NY/NJ area, don't really have a rock station breaking new music.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 16, 2013, 07:32:33 PM »
For me there's not STP w/out Scott.  Sorry.  I guess I'm more a fan of Scott than STP.  Saw him at the Roxy a couple of weeks ago and he's just an awesome guy to see live.  I've never seen anyone better.  Though, I do dig Shirley Manson quite a bit. 

Thus, for me seeing someone else sing the catalog brings me know interest whatsoever. 

Good luck to the other guys in the band.  I'll take a listen to what their doing but just like anything else they've produced w/out Scott.  It's boring.  Including Out of Time.  Which I still haven't heard anywhere but online. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:34:30 PM by Chris Pepper »

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 20, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
Here's how I see it:

STP with Scott > STP with Chester > no STP

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 20, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »
I doubt you are going to find many STP fans who would prefer the band with Chester over the band with a sober/professional Scott Weiland.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »

I really hope and pray so bro... Really, REALLLLLLYYYYYY hope so... I'm sorry to everyone being totally biased, Scott's a buddy of mine (Have hung with him 15-20 times, call it what you want and had great conversations from everything from music to women) and I know the real Scott, the out of media Scott... He wouldn't wish what has transpired on his worst enemy, let alone let himself let it get to this..

I don't have the willpower to reach out to him right now, Dean and Robert making pathetic jokes in that interview irks me beyond belief. I have his # and they haven't for "years". However, they were on tour with him 8 months ago? I will tell all of you he is not on any non-prescribed drugs.. He drinks a little too much when he feels he's, "punching the clock". No justifying his actions but the man is beautiful and it shows in his vocals and personality. He's a good guy.

It's cool. Just try and remember that nobody here, well hardly anybody, is happy about the situation. We are all sad for Scott and hope for the best for him, even if some people are prepared to put up with the situation to get some new music out of the rest of the band. Cause that means a lot to people too.

I must say, I'm "happy" in a sense, but happy implies that what you feel is temporary. I'd more say that I am content with what has happened to the band. As I've made clear to many of you before, I was a strong supporter of Scotts but I've come to realize over the past few months that my respect for him is dwindling. Is he just a guy? Sure, but I honestly feel that he's been a stigma for the band for a while and that's why I don't mind what's happened by any means. He was slowing the band down in every way I can think of. I know people are going to see this as probably obtuse, but I don't care because I've thought about this pretty endlessly in the past few months. Scott acted as a black cloud, constantly hanging over them, sheer negativity abounding. I idolized the man for years, but it is the unquestionable truth that he is no longer a healthy part of the STP dynamic. The band is touring, recording, you name it, and in interviews they're happy about it too. I am extremely happy that the band is doing so well, regardless whether or not Scott is a part of it.

I've seen the same live stuff you've all seen and I can safely say that Chester sounds better with the band than Scott had in years, IN MY OPINION. I'm not here to argue anything, those of you who remember me and have come to know me, know that I don't argue much or much less say things w/ the intention to argue. I am solely stating my opinion here, if you agree with what I say or some of what I say, great! If not, that's great too, we respectively disagree and don't necessarily see eye to eye, it happens. People are people and that means we're all individuals here, who can agree and disagree. I'm happy that the band is happy, I'm ecstatic that the band is recording and can't wait to hear the new material. As for Scott, I still don't hate the man, I wish him luck in his solo endeavors and whatever else he decides to do, but I can't say for a fact that he has my support as an artist anymore. Right now, I'm just happy to be back on site to discuss new developments and the future of this (still) incredible rock band.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 28, 2013, 12:29:18 AM »

I really hope and pray so bro... Really, REALLLLLLYYYYYY hope so... I'm sorry to everyone being totally biased, Scott's a buddy of mine (Have hung with him 15-20 times, call it what you want and had great conversations from everything from music to women) and I know the real Scott, the out of media Scott... He wouldn't wish what has transpired on his worst enemy, let alone let himself let it get to this..

I don't have the willpower to reach out to him right now, Dean and Robert making pathetic jokes in that interview irks me beyond belief. I have his # and they haven't for "years". However, they were on tour with him 8 months ago? I will tell all of you he is not on any non-prescribed drugs.. He drinks a little too much when he feels he's, "punching the clock". No justifying his actions but the man is beautiful and it shows in his vocals and personality. He's a good guy.

It's cool. Just try and remember that nobody here, well hardly anybody, is happy about the situation. We are all sad for Scott and hope for the best for him, even if some people are prepared to put up with the situation to get some new music out of the rest of the band. Cause that means a lot to people too.

I must say, I'm "happy" in a sense, but happy implies that what you feel is temporary. I'd more say that I am content with what has happened to the band. As I've made clear to many of you before, I was a strong supporter of Scotts but I've come to realize over the past few months that my respect for him is dwindling. Is he just a guy? Sure, but I honestly feel that he's been a stigma for the band for a while and that's why I don't mind what's happened by any means. He was slowing the band down in every way I can think of. I know people are going to see this as probably obtuse, but I don't care because I've thought about this pretty endlessly in the past few months. Scott acted as a black cloud, constantly hanging over them, sheer negativity abounding. I idolized the man for years, but it is the unquestionable truth that he is no longer a healthy part of the STP dynamic. The band is touring, recording, you name it, and in interviews they're happy about it too. I am extremely happy that the band is doing so well, regardless whether or not Scott is a part of it.

I've seen the same live stuff you've all seen and I can safely say that Chester sounds better with the band than Scott had in years, IN MY OPINION. I'm not here to argue anything, those of you who remember me and have come to know me, know that I don't argue much or much less say things w/ the intention to argue. I am solely stating my opinion here, if you agree with what I say or some of what I say, great! If not, that's great too, we respectively disagree and don't necessarily see eye to eye, it happens. People are people and that means we're all individuals here, who can agree and disagree. I'm happy that the band is happy, I'm ecstatic that the band is recording and can't wait to hear the new material. As for Scott, I still don't hate the man, I wish him luck in his solo endeavors and whatever else he decides to do, but I can't say for a fact that he has my support as an artist anymore. Right now, I'm just happy to be back on site to discuss new developments and the future of this (still) incredible rock band.

Surprised so many on this board are giving up on Scott.  To me, the heart and soul of STP.  All for not showing up on time to a handful of shows??  How many f'in awesome shows has Scott put out there for us over the last decade.  I went to see what everyone was complaining about a few weeks ago at the Viper Room and the guy put on a high energy solid show.  No complaints.  The guy toured w/ STP for three years straight.  I know the majority agrees with me, but it's sad to hear long time Core era fans say they're content with what has happened.  Enjoy Karaoke STP, I guess.........