September 27, 2024, 05:24:19 PM

Author Topic: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!  (Read 72657 times)

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!
« Reply #570 on: May 24, 2013, 06:25:26 PM »
This was considered a throw away no good track for an STP album, you expecting this from Chester??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf3hEAmfrPs

Beautiful... My favorite song.. I feel for Scott man, even though he most likely fully made his bed.. This betrayal is sad, CHANGE THE NAME!!!!
"Adhesive Love"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 24, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »
You don't get to decide who is and isn't a real STP fan, you childish idiot. Grow up.

So you're saying S/T is trash lyrically and vocally and musically??

No, it's a decent album. If it was by a band who weren't STP i'd be impressed. But I don't think it is as good as any of their other albums.

That's beside the point though. Declaring who is and is not a real STP fan based on your subjective opinions of their music is childish bullshit. You need to calm down.

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 24, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »
We lost the greatest frontman of the past 2-3 decades.. And the best band is no more.. Calm down??!?!!! I'm funkin' shattered by this! Sorry for coming off childish, I'm just devastated...
"Adhesive Love"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
They'll be back some day, and when it happens, they'll perhaps be in a better place with each other and ready to make some beautiful music again.

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:22 PM »
They'll be back some day, and when it happens, they'll perhaps be in a better place with each other and ready to make some beautiful music again.

I really hope and pray so bro... Really, REALLLLLLYYYYYY hope so... I'm sorry to everyone being totally biased, Scott's a buddy of mine (Have hung with him 15-20 times, call it what you want and had great conversations from everything from music to women) and I know the real Scott, the out of media Scott... He wouldn't wish what has transpired on his worst enemy, let alone let himself let it get to this..

I don't have the willpower to reach out to him right now, Dean and Robert making pathetic jokes in that interview irks me beyond belief. I have his # and they haven't for "years". However, they were on tour with him 8 months ago? I will tell all of you he is not on any non-prescribed drugs.. He drinks a little too much when he feels he's, "punching the clock". No justifying his actions but the man is beautiful and it shows in his vocals and personality. He's a good guy.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:50:59 PM by OnlyDying »
"Adhesive Love"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 24, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »

I really hope and pray so bro... Really, REALLLLLLYYYYYY hope so... I'm sorry to everyone being totally biased, Scott's a buddy of mine (Have hung with him 15-20 times, call it what you want and had great conversations from everything from music to women) and I know the real Scott, the out of media Scott... He wouldn't wish what has transpired on his worst enemy, let alone let himself let it get to this..

I don't have the willpower to reach out to him right now, Dean and Robert making pathetic jokes in that interview irks me beyond belief. I have his # and they haven't for "years". However, they were on tour with him 8 months ago? I will tell all of you he is not on any non-prescribed drugs.. He drinks a little too much when he feels he's, "punching the clock". No justifying his actions but the man is beautiful and it shows in his vocals and personality. He's a good guy.

It's cool. Just try and remember that nobody here, well hardly anybody, is happy about the situation. We are all sad for Scott and hope for the best for him, even if some people are prepared to put up with the situation to get some new music out of the rest of the band. Cause that means a lot to people too.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 24, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »
That pretty much sums it up PingFah, now lock this thread :)
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #577 on: May 24, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »

Everybody here think Scott's a good guy, everybody is rooting for him, but obviously the drinking has become too much for the DeLeos and Kretz to handle.  I wish the original four would stick together but hopefully this is the catalyst for Scott to up his game.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 24, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
I actually doubt it this time. Scott hasn't given them any reason for them to even want to, and if he does, they'll just think it's temporary. I'd be pretty annoyed if I were them since the reunion.
Scott gave his last insane performances in VR. The last time I really felt excited was the Houdini performance. Yea, he moved like VR Scott, but you can tell he was there. Then Kimmel happened, and I was just like "what the fuck was that?!?" I felt embarrassed for them... Then, of course, that was followed by the incredibly awkward reunion shows that just left you thinking..."I kind of want my money back", of course that is if you've seen the band in their prime.

The only reason why it lasted so long, was money and more money, and once they weren't selling out places any longer, there was no reason to deal with Scott.

Now, they have this younger kid, who sings just fine. That's all they care about at this point. Chester is staying. They can control him a ton more than they can control Scott, and even creatively. Chester isn't going to fuck this up since its his wet dream.

I mean, think about it.... If shows are going to sell, and he can sing just fine, why bother with Scott when you aren't doing it for the love of the band's core? I do think they love this band and want to keep it alive, but Scott isn't dead.

Chester isn't going anywhere, and it sucks. I'd be happy as hell if they called it Stone Temple Pilots featuring Chester Bennington. I could care less what they play live. I understand what has transpired for all this to happen, but at least respect that part of your career. Love your band all you want, but don't go out there trying to claim new young kids and giving them your own vision of the band, and forcing your original fan base to deal with it.

I hope they get creative input in melodies and lyrics.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:33:51 PM by VelvetLounngeFly »
If you only knew..

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 24, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »
Well we all hope the best for Scott. And in my minute or two meeting with him once he was very nice. It was sober Scott, and sometimes you can tell pretty quickly if someone is mostly good or mostly bad. I could tell he was probably a good guy.
Unfortunately, he's got prescription drug and alcohol issues, and that affects a lot.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 24, 2013, 10:01:45 PM »

I hope they get creative input in melodies and lyrics.

I think they already have and we'll hear the results soon enough. I mean, come on - the guys haven't just done this on a whim. Think about it - they knew there would be a shitstorm. They have to believe that what they're doing is worth it. And I mean creatively not financially. Call me naive if you want - we'll find out either way.

In the meantime, I've been checking out Dead By Sunrise (in fact, I've ordered a copy) and there are a few really good tracks on there. Certainly plenty of evidence that Chester brings a good bit more to the table than some people seem to think.

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 25, 2013, 03:24:22 AM »
Scott's reaction from his Facebook:

A letter to my fans,

Like everybody else out there, I read about my band, Stone Temple Pilots, and their recent performance this past weekend with a new singer. To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt.

But the band that played last weekend was not Stone Temple Pilots and it was wrong of them to present themselves as that.

First of all they don't have the legal right to call themselves STP because I'm still a member of the band. And more importantly, they don't have the ethical right to call themselves Stone Temple Pilots because it's misleading and dishonest to the millions of fans that have followed us for so many years.

When I tour on my own, it's never as Stone Temple Pilots. It's as Scott Weiland. The fans deserve to know what they're getting.

Like any band that's stood the test of time and made music for more than two decades, STP had a special alchemy - the four of us together were greater than any one of us apart. So if my former bandmates want to tour with a new singer, that's their prerogative.

I don't give a fuck what they call themselves, but it's not Stone Temple Pilots.
And so I say to you, our fans, I'll see you out there on the road this summer where I'm touring as "Scott Weiland" with my band The Wildabouts. But don't give up on STP. I know I haven't.

~ Scott

(My bad, didn't see the new thread.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:40:00 AM by Olivia »

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 25, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »

I've got no doubts he is a good, sweet  guy, but for once in his life he has got to take some responsibility for himself.  If he gave a shit about STP, his actions would show it, not just his words.  How old is he now?  He's my favorite frontman of the last 30 years, but I can't blame the DeLeos for doing this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:07:38 AM by Eighth Caged Tiger »

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 14, 2013, 11:29:42 PM »
STP is my favorite band of alltime. i dont like the situation but i am excited about it. Im hoping the new STP goes away from the classic rock sound and writes Core 2.0. Something Heavy now that they have a singer that can growl his lungs out. Scott hasnt been able to to belt out a hard hitting growl without destroying his voice for quiet awhile. never the less im excited to see what transpires. STP will never get back to the top with mellow alternative songs if thats what they are trying to achieve. They need another Down, Plush or Sex Type Thing to keep this animal relevant. God Speed!

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »
STP has.had a crap load of hits outside of Core, Out of Time there latest .. dont want STP to try and sound like they did 20 years ago, ie, like MetLlicas tried w/there last album

"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"