September 27, 2024, 05:24:29 PM

Author Topic: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!  (Read 72658 times)

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!
« Reply #525 on: May 22, 2013, 11:56:13 PM »
I also love how 75%+ of you have Weiland as your picture or his lyrics as your quotes, but no, he wasn't the main focal point who brought the initial attention and all of the attention up through S/T... SW was STP.. Chester Bennington is a fake snake "friend" of Scott's, that's why I hate this the most. He sold out his "idol" F him and his whiny lyrics. What does he have to complain and whine about?? Weiland had his reasons for tragic, beautiful lyrics and rollercoaster cuts.. What's Bennington been through that all that emo angst is necessary?? LAME! Goodluck Deleo's and Kretz trying to get money from naive 20 year olds that are LP fans because this REAL STP fan is done with you snakes. You are allllll hypocrites, including your new "member"... If you changed the name and went about it without lauging at a man with a disease I'd consider giving it a try, but this way? Hell no.. Turning your back on family is the most hideous thing you can do on your short time on this planet... F'ing SAD!

Thanks dude, you see where I'm coming from and I don't want to get into why I'm extra passionate and right.. But everyone has their opinion, that's why the word was created and put in a dictionary...
This has to be one of the most idiotic postings I've ever read.  Seriously.  Facepalm a trillion times.

No need to insult someone's opinion on something they're really passionate about.
Let's stay away from dividing ourselves as fans due to this recent change.
"Adhesive Love"

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 22, 2013, 11:59:28 PM »
There is no STP without Weiland.... Everybody here... Admiring how great (which it is miraculous music) the Deleo's and Kretz's musical talent is. Everybody here, please take all of the music back from Core to S/T and act like you received the same music Scott did from the rest of the band, insert your lyrics, passion, heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears etc. Would STP still be STP if your vocals and lyrics were fronting STP and not SW?? SHIIIEEEETTTT NO!!!! So don't say STP can be STP without SW because without SW... The Deleo's wouldn't have even had the success they did on their 'Talk Show' effort. They only sold the 80k records because of Scott and the STP fans who had $11 to blow... If SW wasn't so special lyrically, on stage and vocally, please insert your lyrics, on stage persona and vocals and let's see how great of a success that STP would be... Scott Weiland is the reason STP made any money, let alone a TON of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!! Period!

I have a feeling you're not a musician.  I would love STP even without Weiland, as proved to this very current day with Chester.  The Deleo's & Kretz make STP.  They play the damn instruments and write everything! If you were a musician, you would put more emphasis on the bro's & Kretz.  Weiland was good but his time is done.  That's it!

They write everything, ay? They wrote the lyrics to every song? Did they sing those perfect vocals too? They were just sick of being the background of the band and Scott pushed the limit.. The man has a DISEASE... Let's pray for him if you truly care for him, not kick him to the curb!!!
"Adhesive Love"

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 23, 2013, 12:05:04 AM »
There is no STP without Weiland.... Everybody here... Admiring how great (which it is miraculous music) the Deleo's and Kretz's musical talent is. Everybody here, please take all of the music back from Core to S/T and act like you received the same music Scott did from the rest of the band, insert your lyrics, passion, heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears etc. Would STP still be STP if your vocals and lyrics were fronting STP and not SW?? SHIIIEEEETTTT NO!!!! So don't say STP can be STP without SW because without SW... The Deleo's wouldn't have even had the success they did on their 'Talk Show' effort. They only sold the 80k records because of Scott and the STP fans who had $11 to blow... If SW wasn't so special lyrically, on stage and vocally, please insert your lyrics, on stage persona and vocals and let's see how great of a success that STP would be... Scott Weiland is the reason STP made any money, let alone a TON of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!! Period!

I have a feeling you're not a musician.  I would love STP even without Weiland, as proved to this very current day with Chester.  The Deleo's & Kretz make STP.  They play the damn instruments and write everything! If you were a musician, you would put more emphasis on the bro's & Kretz.  Weiland was good but his time is done.  That's it!

Not a musician here.  But your reply is x10 more idiotic than this guy's post.  S Weiland is/was a bigger part of the STP recipe than the other three put together.  You can get other guys to make great music behind you, see VR.  But Scott is the secret sauce that makes it STP.  The whole band and other musicians  have said it over and over....  What Scott brings to the music is what makes the songs go.  Not to mention he's the best frontman I've ever seen live.  Thus, the emphasis, for me, is not the three other fellas.  You are right on one thing, though, Weiland's time is done.  Really hard to believe.         

Yeh, since Weiland quit/was fired from VR... How have they fared with no lead singer?? Oh yeh, they've been thriving because who needs a legendary frontman?? Slash owns Dean and Duff is on Roberts wave length and again, VR aint shiiiieeeeetttt since Weiland departed/was fired... But the instruments make the band, not the frontman, lead singer who make the words that we relate to, love, cherish, bring beautiful memories to our lives...
"Adhesive Love"

hahninator

• Pilot
  • Read between the lines...
    • View Profile
    • LPLive
« Reply #528 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »
Chester Bennington is a fake snake "friend" of Scott's, that's why I hate this the most. He sold out his "idol" F him and his whiny lyrics. What does he have to complain and whine about?? Weiland had his reasons for tragic, beautiful lyrics and rollercoaster cuts.. What's Bennington been through that all that emo angst is necessary?? LAME! Goodluck Deleo's and Kretz trying to get money from naive 20 year olds that are LP fans because this REAL STP fan is done with you snakes. You are allllll hypocrites, including your new "member"... If you changed the name and went about it without lauging at a man with a disease I'd consider giving it a try, but this way? Hell no.. Turning your back on family is the most hideous thing you can do on your short time on this planet... F'ing SAD!

I'm not trying to attack you or anything but I just thought I'd drop a reply to this...

How exactly is Chester a fake snake friend to Scott? And what does he have to complain and "whine" about? Haha, do you not know anything about Chester's childhood and past? I have no idea what Scott has been through but Chester has one of the most fucked up childhoods of any musician I've ever heard of. He certainly has the history to write the type of lyrics found in Linkin Park music. Anyway, LP and STP write TOTALLY different music so there really should be no comparison of lyrics or music between STP and LP by you. If you think Chester will seriously write Crawling-type lyrics over a STP instrumental you need to reassess yourself.

I had another paragraph about them "making money" with Chester but whatever. I guess I'm that "naive 20 something year old" then because at 22 I sure would pay to see Chester/STP whereas I wouldn't even think about Scott/STP.  8) 

"Turning your back on family is the most hideous thing you can do on your short time on this planet" - did you forget that Scott changed his phone number and didn't tell the rest of your STP guys?

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #529 on: May 23, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »
They write everything, ay? They wrote the lyrics to every song? Did they sing those perfect vocals too? They were just sick of being the background of the band and Scott pushed the limit.. The man has a DISEASE... Let's pray for him if you truly care for him, not kick him to the curb!!!

Not that I disagree with you, but a few points man - as I've always understood it, the DeLeo's write a lot of the vocal melody as well. I think this is evident when you take a lot of Scott's solo stuff which doesn't hold a candle to what he can do when he is with a cadre of talented musicians.

Secondly, the disease thing is quite a large crutch in the addiction world. It's a disease by medical definition because it's the regular adjustment and maladaptation of physiology catalyzed by drug use. It's not the other way around like most addicts tend to hedge on.  I think this is a more complicated and scientific use of the word "disease" than most people readily grasp, and it's become a social cliche that a phrase such as "drug addicts have a disease" is used in harmony with sympathy for them, which quite frankly is a load of undereducated nonsense.  Again, I don't disagree with your sentiment, but let's get the argument right, shall we?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:33:49 AM by IMJ »
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 23, 2013, 01:06:49 AM »
Chester Bennington is a fake snake "friend" of Scott's, that's why I hate this the most. He sold out his "idol" F him and his whiny lyrics. What does he have to complain and whine about?? Weiland had his reasons for tragic, beautiful lyrics and rollercoaster cuts.. What's Bennington been through that all that emo angst is necessary?? LAME! Goodluck Deleo's and Kretz trying to get money from naive 20 year olds that are LP fans because this REAL STP fan is done with you snakes. You are allllll hypocrites, including your new "member"... If you changed the name and went about it without lauging at a man with a disease I'd consider giving it a try, but this way? Hell no.. Turning your back on family is the most hideous thing you can do on your short time on this planet... F'ing SAD!

"Turning your back on family is the most hideous thing you can do on your short time on this planet" - did you forget that Scott changed his phone number and didn't tell the rest of your STP guys?

Umm... You do realize they were actually making fun of him, right?
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #531 on: May 23, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »
lol I'm loving all of this.  This reminds me of the STP vs. Velvet Revolver wars in early 2008, lol.  I don't understand how anybody can say Scott IS THE BAND.  The band is Scott, Dean, Robert, and Eric equally.  All four have had their hand in writing major STP hits.  Obviously removing any of the four changes things, and that's why this new STP is definitely a new era.  It's a new band carrying on the STP legacy.  But come on, for example listen to something like the DeLeos playing on Bi-Polar Bear.  That is some of the most expressive playing I've ever heard in my life, the DeLeos/Kretz are a major part of the heart and soul of STP, along with Scott.  They're just expressing their feelings musically rather than through singing.

Comparing Velvet Revolver to Army of Anyone and their success is apples and oranges.  It'd be a more fair comparison if Eric had been in AoA (he has a special chemistry with the DeLeos) and if Axl Rose had been fronting them.  I love Filter but Richard Patrick/Filter isn't 1/10 as famous as Guns N' Roses, nor does he have the ability to write hit after hit.  Scott hooked up with members of one of the biggest bands in the last 25 years, and he never even would have had that opportunity if it hadn't been for his success in STP.

To say Chester is a shitty friend to Scott is lame as well.  When a guy falls off the wagon, friendships tend to go away.  Have you seen Scott hanging out with the likes of Chester, Dave Navarro etc. since 2007?  Also, while I'm not a big Linkin Park fan (outside of their early hits, which I enjoyed at the time) the guy's got a solid rock voice and has done an admirable job performing the STP classics so far, (and the new song) and showed a great amount of respect for Scott in the KROQ interview.  I guarentee you if Scott ever gets his shit together and reconciles with the DeLeos/Kretz, Chester will graciously step aside.  He's obviously no Scott, but I'm willing to give him a shot.  Like I've said before, I'm just thrilled the DeLeos and Kretz are sticking together and are in a band where they will still be heard by the masses.  I'm sad that STP won't be the original four, but after Scott's solo touring butchering the STP hits, why the fuck not keep the name?  This new incarnation of the band happening is better than Scott and the Wildabouts butchering the hits being the only thing carrying on the STP legacy.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 23, 2013, 01:15:46 AM »
Rodney King wanted us all to get along. And he DIED man.

:P

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 23, 2013, 01:39:18 AM »
Then I guess Scott should might as well create his own version of STP. Get the guitar player from Limp Bizkit, Bass player from Korn, and might as well take Luzier with him too.

-_-
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #534 on: May 23, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
Then I guess Scott should might as well create his own version of STP. Get the guitar player from Limp Bizkit, Bass player from Korn, and might as well take Luzier with him too.

-_-

1/4 of the band has far less of a right to use the name than 3/4 of it.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 23, 2013, 01:59:23 AM »

-_-

1/4 of the band has far less of a right to use the name than 3/4 of it.

Eat a damn booger, Brett >8^P
If you only knew..

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 23, 2013, 02:02:30 AM »
Kretz is STP.

Don't you forget it.
adhesive love

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 23, 2013, 02:04:12 AM »
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 23, 2013, 02:04:48 AM »
I'd love Rick Astley to be the new singer.
If you only knew..

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 23, 2013, 02:05:46 AM »
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

I TRYYYY SOO HARD AND BLAH BLAH BLAH!! BUT IN THE ENDDD IT DOENT EVEN MATTUUUURRRRR
If you only knew..