September 27, 2024, 05:19:46 PM

Author Topic: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!  (Read 72653 times)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS RETURN... W/ CHESTER BENNINGTON AS FRONTMAN!
« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:40 PM »
After a few days of letting this soak in, I see where both sides of the argument are coming from. All I can say for myself is that I don't like this whole thing anymore than some other people, but I don't wish the worst on the rest of STP. I still hope that the DeLeos and Kretz do well with this new project, but I'm just not interested. Does that mean I'm not a real fan? I don't think so. I don't think anyone who's signed up here isn't a real fan, regardless of whether or not they're embracing the change.

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2013, 10:40:52 PM »
I also love how 75%+ of you have Weiland as your picture or his lyrics as your quotes, but no, he wasn't the main focal point who brought the initial attention and all of the attention up through S/T... SW was STP.. Chester Bennington is a fake snake "friend" of Scott's, that's why I hate this the most. He sold out his "idol" F him and his whiny lyrics. What does he have to complain and whine about?? Weiland had his reasons for tragic, beautiful lyrics and rollercoaster cuts.. What's Bennington been through that all that emo angst is necessary?? LAME! Goodluck Deleo's and Kretz trying to get money from naive 20 year olds that are LP fans because this REAL STP fan is done with you snakes. You are allllll hypocrites, including your new "member"... If you changed the name and went about it without lauging at a man with a disease I'd consider giving it a try, but this way? Hell no.. Turning your back on family is the most hideous thing you can do on your short time on this planet... F'ing SAD!

This has to be one of the most idiotic postings I've ever read.  Seriously.  Facepalm a trillion times.
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2013, 10:43:12 PM »
I also love how 75%+ of you have Weiland as your picture or his lyrics as your quotes, but no, he wasn't the main focal point who brought the initial attention and all of the attention up through S/T... SW was STP.. Chester Bennington is a fake snake "friend" of Scott's, that's why I hate this the most. He sold out his "idol" F him and his whiny lyrics. What does he have to complain and whine about?? Weiland had his reasons for tragic, beautiful lyrics and rollercoaster cuts.. What's Bennington been through that all that emo angst is necessary?? LAME! Goodluck Deleo's and Kretz trying to get money from naive 20 year olds that are LP fans because this REAL STP fan is done with you snakes. You are allllll hypocrites, including your new "member"... If you changed the name and went about it without lauging at a man with a disease I'd consider giving it a try, but this way? Hell no.. Turning your back on family is the most hideous thing you can do on your short time on this planet... F'ing SAD!

This has to be one of the most idiotic postings I've ever read.  Seriously.  Facepalm a trillion times.

I disagree.  Some of it is silly.  But far from idiotic.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »

No need to insult someone's opinion on something they're really passionate about.
Let's stay away from dividing ourselves as fans due to this recent change.
If you only knew..

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2013, 10:44:51 PM »
There is no STP without Weiland.... Everybody here... Admiring how great (which it is miraculous music) the Deleo's and Kretz's musical talent is. Everybody here, please take all of the music back from Core to S/T and act like you received the same music Scott did from the rest of the band, insert your lyrics, passion, heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears etc. Would STP still be STP if your vocals and lyrics were fronting STP and not SW?? SHIIIEEEETTTT NO!!!! So don't say STP can be STP without SW because without SW... The Deleo's wouldn't have even had the success they did on their 'Talk Show' effort. They only sold the 80k records because of Scott and the STP fans who had $11 to blow... If SW wasn't so special lyrically, on stage and vocally, please insert your lyrics, on stage persona and vocals and let's see how great of a success that STP would be... Scott Weiland is the reason STP made any money, let alone a TON of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!! Period!

I have a feeling you're not a musician.  I would love STP even without Weiland, as proved to this very current day with Chester.  The Deleo's & Kretz make STP.  They play the damn instruments and write everything! If you were a musician, you would put more emphasis on the bro's & Kretz.  Weiland was good but his time is done.  That's it!

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »

No need to insult someone's opinion on something they're really passionate about.
Let's stay away from dividing ourselves as fans due to this recent change.

I try to stay away from insulting someone's opinion but on this occasion it calls for an insult.  I'm sorry but the whole "Weiland is holier than thou" attitude is bogus.  That's not opinion, that's fact.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2013, 10:55:07 PM »
After a few days of letting this soak in, I see where both sides of the argument are coming from. All I can say for myself is that I don't like this whole thing anymore than some other people, but I don't wish the worst on the rest of STP. I still hope that the DeLeos and Kretz do well with this new project, but I'm just not interested. Does that mean I'm not a real fan? I don't think so. I don't think anyone who's signed up here isn't a real fan, regardless of whether or not they're embracing the change.

Agree with much of this and add, what bothers me as well is that Chester is legit.  Love him or hate him.  He's a legit vocalist.  And because of his legitimacy, it puts any potential reconciliation in the impossible category.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
There is no STP without Weiland.... Everybody here... Admiring how great (which it is miraculous music) the Deleo's and Kretz's musical talent is. Everybody here, please take all of the music back from Core to S/T and act like you received the same music Scott did from the rest of the band, insert your lyrics, passion, heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears etc. Would STP still be STP if your vocals and lyrics were fronting STP and not SW?? SHIIIEEEETTTT NO!!!! So don't say STP can be STP without SW because without SW... The Deleo's wouldn't have even had the success they did on their 'Talk Show' effort. They only sold the 80k records because of Scott and the STP fans who had $11 to blow... If SW wasn't so special lyrically, on stage and vocally, please insert your lyrics, on stage persona and vocals and let's see how great of a success that STP would be... Scott Weiland is the reason STP made any money, let alone a TON of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!! Period!

I have a feeling you're not a musician.  I would love STP even without Weiland, as proved to this very current day with Chester.  The Deleo's & Kretz make STP.  They play the damn instruments and write everything! If you were a musician, you would put more emphasis on the bro's & Kretz.  Weiland was good but his time is done.  That's it!

Not a musician here.  But your reply is x10 more idiotic than this guy's post.  S Weiland is/was a bigger part of the STP recipe than the other three put together.  You can get other guys to make great music behind you, see VR.  But Scott is the secret sauce that makes it STP.  The whole band and other musicians  have said it over and over....  What Scott brings to the music is what makes the songs go.  Not to mention he's the best frontman I've ever seen live.  Thus, the emphasis, for me, is not the three other fellas.  You are right on one thing, though, Weiland's time is done.  Really hard to believe.         

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2013, 11:24:48 PM »
The band sets up the magic act, and Scott is the magician. It's not about holding him "holier than thou", but face it, Scott is one of a kind. Even in the late 90's he remained to be the last of of tha kind, and he still remains to be to this day. Even on his shittiest night, Scott can create more magic than the generic likes of Bennington. Those guys may please your ears all they want with their vocal skills, but it's nothing that leaves in awe.
If you only knew..

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2013, 11:44:35 PM »
It's amazing how Chester can perform faithful renditions of Scott's works, and so many people throw a fit.

Yet, when the Wildabouts belt out their wacky arrangements of STP classics night in and night out, this is somehow okay??

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 22, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »
Lead singers, 99% of the times are the face of the band, and Scott never turned his back on his 'family' did he?

You ever heard of drug/alcohol addiction/disease which he blatantly has struggled with for 20 years?? You think he intentionally wanted these outcomes?!?!! Educate yourself minion... You think he wanted to cause his family blood and ex-family STP and VR all of this pain, not to mention himself? Not to mention the traumatic events he's dealt with in between, some his fault, some not... You ever have a brother die? I have... Let alone two for Scott.. I'm not making excuses, he's made big mistakes on his own but the man has a disease, cut him some slack, you're relentlessly heartless dude.. I wish you the best Scott if you ever cross these words, God bless you and I pray for you my brother...
"Adhesive Love"

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 22, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
Scott is STP. 

Here we go again. Is it just me or do the haters always come back to this?

So, the spin that it's all about the principle of the original 4 is just that. Spin. What you really mean is that it's all about Scott above anyone else.

From casual fans, that's understandable. But you guys are calling yourselves REAL fans. Yeah right.

Btw, "Whiny Snakes" would be a great album title. Thanks for that, Only Dying, you're an inspiration.

I can't wait until Chester out does Scott and makes a better album vocally, lyrically and spiritually like your favorite STP album, SLDD... Keep waiting for CHESTER BENNINGTON to make 1 song on that beautiful album 1/19th on the same level... Please, hold your breath waiting...
"Adhesive Love"

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 22, 2013, 11:50:14 PM »
[size=78%]I have a feeling you're not a musician.  I would love STP even without Weiland, as proved to this very current day with Chester.  The Deleo's & Kretz make STP.  They play the damn instruments and write everything! If you were a musician, you would put more emphasis on the bro's & Kretz.  Weiland was good but his time is done.  That's it![/size]

Not a musician here.  But your reply is x10 more idiotic than this guy's post.  S Weiland is/was a bigger part of the STP recipe than the other three put together.  You can get other guys to make great music behind you, see VR.  But Scott is the secret sauce that makes it STP.  The whole band and other musicians  have said it over and over....  What Scott brings to the music is what makes the songs go.  Not to mention he's the best frontman I've ever seen live.  Thus, the emphasis, for me, is not the three other fellas.  You are right on one thing, though, Weiland's time is done.  Really hard to believe.         

Again, you put Scott above the others.

Maybe we just hear things in a different way. I don't know Ranger Jim but, as a musician myself (without an ounce of STP's talent btw) I suspect what I'm about to say might resonate with him if not your good self.

As Fred Astaire said, the hard work is in making it look easy. Singers get all the attention but great musicians set them up to succeed not fail. There are subtleties in STP's music that were there in the past to help Scott sound the best he could be and will be different in the future to do the same for Chester. Already, with Out Of Time, there is more precision in the articulation and less sliding around the beat than before. The same was the case with AoA because RP, like Chester, has a very strong and "on point" voice.

I realise this is very boring.

My point is that it's simplistic to just say, "Yeah, the music's great but SW made it special." The dynamic is more subtle than that imo. Everyone involved (including Brendan) did little things to make it special. Just my opinion.

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 22, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »

Love your quote for your profile bro... Sure Chester will provide beautiful lyrics and vocals like, "Hello, It's Late"... For sure he will!!! He's Chester Bennington!!! **FACEPALM!**
"Adhesive Love"

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 22, 2013, 11:53:47 PM »

I can't wait until Chester out does Scott and makes a better album vocally, lyrically and spiritually like your favorite STP album, SLDD... Keep waiting for CHESTER BENNINGTON to make 1 song on that beautiful album 1/19th on the same level... Please, hold your breath waiting...

SLDD is my favourite album of all time. I doubt anyone will make a better one. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.