September 29, 2024, 03:25:54 AM

Author Topic: 2013-08-17 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero  (Read 8318 times)

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: 8-17-2013 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 06:14:23 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clS67xo8q2o

Holy shit...

Why the fuck can't he perform like this every night?

That was really good.

I agree, why can't he perform like that always? Makes one wonder.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »
Scott sounds a lot better and looks a lot better than he has in a long time!  Keep it up Scotty!   His band fucking sucks though!

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
http://noisecreep.com/scott-weiland-apologizes-stone-temple-pilots-fans-emotional-fight/

Scott Weiland: “Actually Chester has his own band that makes a lot of money. I’m not really quite sure why he joined a band who is actually nameless.”

One could also wonder why Scott joined a band that is actually talentless. Oh, wait…that’s because he ACTUALLY HAS NO OTHER CHOICE.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »
The band was fine.  Yeah, they can't lace the Deleos' boots, but almost every song sounded great.  The only song they couldn't capture was Big Empty.  Sure, Doug Grean's noodling gets annoying at times, but he's not very prevalent in the mix, so you don't even notice when you're there.  And Scott's stage chemistry with his bassist is stronger than with anyone I've seen in years. 
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
Not suprised.  This is similar to Viper Room show I saw a couple of weeks back.  Thought he was great. 

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clS67xo8q2o

Holy shit...

Why the fuck can't he perform like this every night?

Wow...

I have to give credit where it's due. He legitimately sounded better than we've heard him in years in the few videos I saw. That said, don't expect this to keep up.

Exactly. Scott's done this before on other tours, where he'd be on point for a couple nights (or weeks) before beginning to bomb again.

I'm also quite impressed that Scott seemed to be fully aware that his Still Remains performance was pretty awful. I think they were playing it in regular tuning instead of a half step down, because Scott was trying to sing way above his register. But instead of acting like a hotshot with a cocky "look how good I am" expression, he actually seemed to be signalling to the other band members to try to help him out.

But yeah, don't expect this to last. It would be nice if it did last, but he's done the upswing/downswing thing enough times for us all to know this won't last.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »
If Scott was consistently like this, I'm sure STP would take him back.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »
Sounds pretty good. He really has a fuckton of delay and reverb on his voice. I know he usually uses a lot of delay, but the soundboard recordings I have heard sound pretty dry as far as reverb goes. I the venue that cavernous?

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 11:24:23 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC3Jyx6LoF4

Haha, anybody else notice the little boxing style dance around the 3:40 mark?

Didn't get that far, I gave up before then.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »

No they wouldn't.  They're retarded.  They've been making shit decisions for the last decade.  They can blame Scott all they want but the Deleos have been running the STP franchise for the past decade plus.  Not Scott.  These guys are lazy and uninterested in running a successful band during these times.  They want to run the band like they are in the 80's.  Same shit setlist.  No fan interaction.  No nothing.  Good luck with the scraps Chester throws down.  The play was to lay low for a couple of years and comeback with some new music and tour.  5 song EP, dumb.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:53 AM »

No they wouldn't.  They're retarded.  They've been making shit decisions for the last decade.  They can blame Scott all they want but the Deleos have been running the STP franchise for the past decade plus.  Not Scott.  These guys are lazy and uninterested in running a successful band during these times.  They want to run the band like they are in the 80's.  Same shit setlist.  No fan interaction.  No nothing.  Good luck with the scraps Chester throws down.  The play was to lay low for a couple of years and comeback with some new music and tour.  5 song EP, dumb.

They're retarded for not wanting to work with a guy who drinks constantly, shows up late to shows, and refuses to even give his phone number to his bandmates.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 04:20:13 AM »

The DeLeos made a shit decision by taking the thing that was, at that point, dragging them down, and cutting it loose? If they hadn't fired him, Weiland would've gotten worse and worse and the venues would've gotten smaller and smaller until they were playing the bars that Weiland himself is currently playing with the Fuckabouts.

I think the DeLeos could've handled it a bit better than they did, but I understand their decision completely.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 07:19:48 AM »

The DeLeos made a shit decision by taking the thing that was, at that point, dragging them down, and cutting it loose? If they hadn't fired him, Weiland would've gotten worse and worse and the venues would've gotten smaller and smaller until they were playing the bars that Weiland himself is currently playing with the Fuckabouts.

I think the DeLeos could've handled it a bit better than they did, but I understand their decision completely.
100% agreed! Although some think the DeLeo's could have handled the situation better, they had to do what they had to do! People and fans are so quick to judge their decision to cut Scott loose but not one single person has been in
any of the band's shoes. Suddenly the rest of the three members of STP are the bad guys and Chester is an @$$hole for joining the band. Like they plainly told everyone already, their BS meter ran it's course with Scott. You're going to jump
on them after dealing with it for 20 years? Really? Really??  Again, none of you have ever been in their shoes!  I've been a fan since day 1 of the  Core days and been following them ever since. The decision has been made and am ready for them to move on with
Chester!
Maybe the band won't have that artsy swag to it without Scott and will have more of a metal edge with Chester but I'm looking forward to the new EP 110% all the way! I will still love and follow Scott the solo artist and I will follow STP 2.0. Bring it on!
Can't wait!  ;)

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »
I'm looking forward to the new EP 110% all the way! I will still love and follow Scott the solo artist and I will follow STP 2.0. Bring it on!
Can't wait!  ;)
I'm right there with ya.

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 04:44:03 PM »

100% agreed! Although some think the DeLeo's could have handled the situation better, they had to do what they had to do! People and fans are so quick to judge their decision to cut Scott loose but not one single person has been in
any of the band's shoes. Suddenly the rest of the three members of STP are the bad guys and Chester is an @$$hole for joining the band. Like they plainly told everyone already, their BS meter ran it's course with Scott. You're going to jump
on them after dealing with it for 20 years? Really? Really??  Again, none of you have ever been in their shoes!  I've been a fan since day 1 of the  Core days and been following them ever since. The decision has been made and am ready for them to move on with
Chester!
Maybe the band won't have that artsy swag to it without Scott and will have more of a metal edge with Chester but I'm looking forward to the new EP 110% all the way! I will still love and follow Scott the solo artist and I will follow STP 2.0. Bring it on!
Can't wait!  ;)
Spot on, dude.

August 19th 2012