September 29, 2024, 09:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Hearsay info on STP  (Read 19664 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Hearsay info on STP
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2013, 09:03:05 PM »
STP should thank me for the free press.  I run with rumors hearsay or not, with the limited amount of bands I cover I have to to keep it going.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
I underestimated how big of a joke journalism is these days, I'll give you that, but I still think you're full of shit. So i dug just 2 pages into your belowempty posting history to find this gem

"Scott Weiland / Re: Desperation No. 5 (Book) April 21, 2009
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:54 PM »

It will be 2010...

Thank You was put together as a last ditch effort to make money off of the STP name. The guys hated each other and none of them had much to do with what was released on that package.

This tour was put together to make money.

There will be no new album. "

So you were off by a full year on the release date of his book, and you have a 100% margin of error on there being a new album. That's a pretty big one.

Honestly, I don't think you have any inside info. I think you've made predictions in the past that haven't been anything particularly intuitive or enlightening that have happened to be correct (they're doing it for the money, Scott's on drugs, they hate each other, etc.) These aren't difficult observations to point out for a studious observer, but you're on a forum with mostly STP fans who want to be optimistic about things. I've backed you up during times you've given your 2 cents and I've agreed with it,  but I don't think you have any more information than any of us do. You've just made certain negative (not completely unpredictable) predictions that have happened to come true. So you're not so much of an insider as much as a negative STP fan. Which is fine, but don't pretend there's some huge big secret out there you know that we don't.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
I underestimated how big of a joke journalism is these days, I'll give you that, but I still think you're full of shit. So i dug just 2 pages into your belowempty posting history to find this gem

"Scott Weiland / Re: Desperation No. 5 (Book) April 21, 2009
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:54 PM »

It will be 2010...

Thank You was put together as a last ditch effort to make money off of the STP name. The guys hated each other and none of them had much to do with what was released on that package.

This tour was put together to make money.

There will be no new album. "

So you were off by a full year on the release date of his book, and you have a 100% margin of error on there being a new album. That's a pretty big one.

Honestly, I don't think you have any inside info. I think you've made predictions in the past that haven't been anything particularly intuitive or enlightening that have happened to be correct (they're doing it for the money, Scott's on drugs, they hate each other, etc.) These aren't difficult observations to point out for a studious observer, but you're on a forum with mostly STP fans who want to be optimistic about things. I've backed you up during times you've given your 2 cents and I've agreed with it,  but I don't think you have any more information than any of us do. You've just made certain negative (not completely unpredictable) predictions that have happened to come true. So you're not so much of an insider as much as a negative STP fan. Which is fine, but don't pretend there's some huge big secret out there you know that we don't.

You have to remember that things change. At the time I posted that there wasn't going to be a new album, I was told specifically there was not going to be a new record.

The guys needed money so they dashed into the studio... without Scott. They recorded stuff that had been in the can for a while. There was very little time actually spent writing and rehearsing to make that record.

My source is someone that has worked both with Scott, a long time ago but does see him from time to time. My source is also very close friends with the the Deleo's. My source does not know Eric, but has met him once.
Take it.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
oh boy, well...i am really eating my words. I think I owe Vaporized a (slight) apology. Juge, you're famous:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/stp_supposedly_looking_for_a_famous_new_singer_that_will_help_sell_the_tours.html

I think this is kind of what Vaporized was getting at.
We KNOW that Brett is gonna take anything like this and run to his site with it.  Justifiable or not, Grunge Report does get looked at.

So now someone else with their own site posts news based on the news posted on Grunge Report, which is posted based on the news on this board.

Shit snowballs and then suddenly "Sources" start saying WTF and it looks bad on anyone who may have any sort of inside track on information.

Journalism is dead.

YOU'RE WELCOME! :)

I wasn't taking a shot at you, but moreso the concept of "journalism" is now just creating an article that is based on and supported by a previous article purely to attract attention to ones own website/magazine/etc.
These days its all about who "brought it to you first" instead of who "brought it to you right"

I don't know your ethic or how you run your site other than the fact you sometimes grab info from this message board.
Whether you investigate or fact-check any further before you go "live" or if you simply see something juicy here and write up a blurb about it; that's on you.

My point is that link more than justifies why Vaporized wouldn't just run his mouth in fear word could get out and come back to him as the snitch.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2013, 12:49:54 AM »
First, I think this guy's post is BS.  Most people made these connections a long time ago.  STP is dead w/out Scott, just like VR.  He's hard to replace.  You take the good and the bad with Scott.  They're not always even.  When he's selling out huge venues, you put up with it.  When you stop, his BS is unbearable.  Dean has always said getting back together was about the $$$.  He also said he didn't like playing deep cuts.  STP's legacy will always be centered around Scott's demons and some cool tunes.  The Deleo's are delusional if they think it could be any more than
that.  Scott is the magic sauce that makes things special.  Their last hit was Sour Girl more than a decade ago.  BTL was a corporate push.  It never really resonated with anyone.  SLDD and Self titled were flops.  I predict STP lays low for few years and gets back together.  Anything more than that is BS.

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2013, 01:09:29 AM »
Honestly, I don't think you have any inside info. I think you've made predictions in the past that haven't been anything particularly intuitive or enlightening that have happened to be correct (they're doing it for the money, Scott's on drugs, they hate each other, etc.) These aren't difficult observations to point out for a studious observer, but you're on a forum with mostly STP fans who want to be optimistic about things.

Perfectly put.
He's never said anything that was out of the norm.
Just the typical "Scott's on drugs, STP hate eachother, and they only care about money."
A casual STP fan could have made the predictions he has made.
The thing people are failing to realize is that everything he's said others were saying before him on this forum, which again was never too far out of the box, he just started claiming one day that he had sources and hasn't shut up since.
Someone who truly has inside connections does not go around bragging about it NONSTOP for 6 months on a forum.
Wake the fuck up people.
BTW Vaporized is probably laughing his ass off at CritterTypeThing.
I would too though if I was Vaporized.

Robert DeNiro

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2013, 01:18:22 AM »
Vaporized is a fraud. Absolutely full of shit, I say ban him.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2013, 01:54:22 AM »
Someone who truly has inside connections does not go around bragging about it NONSTOP for 6 months on a forum.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2013, 02:29:12 AM »
oh boy, well...i am really eating my words. I think I owe Vaporized a (slight) apology. Juge, you're famous:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/stp_supposedly_looking_for_a_famous_new_singer_that_will_help_sell_the_tours.html

We KNOW that Brett is gonna take anything like this and run to his site with it.  Justifiable or not, Grunge Report does get looked at.

So now someone else with their own site posts news based on the news posted on Grunge Report, which is posted based on the news on this board.

Shit snowballs and then suddenly "Sources" start saying WTF and it looks bad on anyone who may have any sort of inside track on information.

Journalism is dead.

I wasn't taking a shot at you, but moreso the concept of "journalism" is now just creating an article that is based on and supported by a previous article purely to attract attention to ones own website/magazine/etc.
These days its all about who "brought it to you first" instead of who "brought it to you right"

I don't know your ethic or how you run your site other than the fact you sometimes grab info from this message board.
Whether you investigate or fact-check any further before you go "live" or if you simply see something juicy here and write up a blurb about it; that's on you.

My point is that link more than justifies why Vaporized wouldn't just run his mouth in fear word could get out and come back to him as the snitch.

Oh yeah journalism is dead, I've never said GrungeReport is a beacon of light for the future of journalism lol.  We're a rock blog that don't take ourselves or the stuff we cover too seriously, the comedic tone of the site is meant to emphasize that.  It's a place for people to get news, rumors, and reviews on the bands covered.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2013, 04:59:24 AM »

Journalism is dead.

Oh yeah journalism is dead, I've never said GrungeReport is a beacon of light for the future of journalism lol.  We're a rock blog that don't take ourselves or the stuff we cover too seriously, the comedic tone of the site is meant to emphasize that.  It's a place for people to get news, rumors, and reviews on the bands covered.

But Brett, why would people need to go to your site if you and they get their news from here? I get all my news here and then I peek on over at your site and it's the same 411.  I'm not attacking you or anything.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2013, 05:47:10 AM »
Because most people don't have the time to go on here and every fan board/fansite for the bands I cover (I go on at least 30-50 for news), so they go on my site so they can get it all in one place.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2013, 10:08:53 AM »
It's quite interesting to watch a rumour spread right from the source though, I can already see this running on a Spanish site as well. Thanks to JugeSTP for the entertainment!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:10:37 AM by Pingfah »

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2013, 01:56:50 PM »
I'm Scott Weiland.
If you only knew..

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot