September 20, 2024, 07:55:22 AM

Author Topic: 2013-05-30 - Los Angeles, CA - Club Nokia  (Read 15840 times)

Niktus

Re: 2013-05-30 - Los Angeles, CA - Club Nokia
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 03:53:45 AM »
My favourite singer to replace Scott on stage, but not under the STP name could be... Mike Patton
Sorry... I´m just dreaming awake and maybe not in the right thread

Kingpetty

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 05:19:58 AM »
Strat, I like your thinking. I think there's a small chance of this happening but it would be frickin sweet if Scott is there fronting the band. We'll see what happens.

Sorry... but no...

I appreciate that this theory is admittedly unlikely, but I'm ruling out the possibility that Scott would ever secretly work something out with the rest of STP to do a surprise performance with them.

1. They hate each other.
2. They aren't smart enough.

I know it's not gonna happen. I'm just sick of these guys not getting along. I think when Scott said they needed new blood in the band (although I think he meant music) & decided too do this Purple & Core Tour it sealed it. Maybe someday...
Don't chase buses or women, you always get left behind.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 07:16:35 AM »
Strat, I like your thinking. I think there's a small chance of this happening but it would be frickin sweet if Scott is there fronting the band. We'll see what happens.

Sorry... but no...

I appreciate that this theory is admittedly unlikely, but I'm ruling out the possibility that Scott would ever secretly work something out with the rest of STP to do a surprise performance with them.

1. They hate each other.
2. They aren't smart enough.

I know it's not gonna happen. I'm just sick of these guys not getting along. I think when Scott said they needed new blood in the band (although I think he meant music) & decided too do this Purple & Core Tour it sealed it. Maybe someday...

The new blood= Chester Bennington.  lol.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »
My favourite singer to replace Scott on stage, but not under the STP name could be... Mike Patton

Damn yeah, that would be really good.

Greg Dulli would also be at the top of my list.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 02:43:25 PM »

While undoubtedly talented, Patton is a bigger piece of shit than Weiland will ever be. I don't think he'd mesh with will the Kretzleos at all.

BRING BACK DAVE COUTTS

.....right?!
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »

While undoubtedly talented, Patton is a bigger piece of shit than Weiland will ever be. I don't think he'd mesh with will the Kretzleos at all.

BRING BACK DAVE COUTTS

.....right?!

No!

Talk Show was a great album, I love it, but it was also an unmitigated flop. Now, I know it's not all about selling records, but you have to sell some records or you can't make another one. They need a singer who is a known name.

Niktus

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »

BRING BACK DAVE COUTTS

.....right?!

I´m just thinking that Patton´s voice, melodies and attitude could fit awesome over DeLeo´s music... but, I´m conscious that maybe they belong to different worlds.
If Patton is a bigger asshole than Scott or not, it really doesn´t matter. We´re just talking in the air.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »

BRING BACK DAVE COUTTS

.....right?!

I´m just thinking that Patton´s voice, melodies and attitude could fit awesome over DeLeo´s music... but, I´m conscious that maybe they belong to different worlds.
If Patton is a bigger asshole than Scott or not, it really doesn´t matter. We´re just talking in the air.

I feel you. Patton's incredible. I just don't think the DeLeos would go for another diva type. I see them going for a lesser known name so they could be more in charge of their own band. But yup, just speaking in hypotheticals. For all we know STP could be back together tomor- ok couldn't get thru that one with a straight face : (
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »
It must suck for the DeLeos to know their success is tied to Scott since he was the magic sauce.  Similar to VR, these guys are nothing without him.  Hopefully, they can figure out a way to co exist.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »

BRING BACK DAVE COUTTS

.....right?!

I feel you. Patton's incredible. I just don't think the DeLeos would go for another diva type. I see them going for a lesser known name so they could be more in charge of their own band. But yup, just speaking in hypotheticals. For all we know STP could be back together tomor- ok couldn't get thru that one with a straight face : (

Agreed on the STP members maybe looking for a lesser known individual for a lead singer. They did that with Talk Show. Great sounding record and all but he kind of had a "generic voice" Nothing really to stand out from. I have a feeling if they do already
 have someone that is what they are going to do again. But hey...I would totally be down for Chester doing a side project  with them right? From Talk Show to Army of Anyone....we all know that when either the DeLeo's get together and even bring in Kretz that their
music is always going to stellar! So yes it blows that maybe Scott isn't in the picture but there's no doubt we will get something awesome from them without Scott or some joecool that the STP members know already and want to use as lead singer. It's bittersweet but the way
things are looking now, I'm going with the sweeter side!

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2013, 12:01:51 AM »
Why has nobody speculated that Mix Master Mike is going to replace Scott? He can just spin Scott's lyrics on vinyl while the boys play along.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2013, 02:10:35 AM »
Why has nobody speculated that Mix Master Mike is going to replace Scott? He can just spin Scott's lyrics on vinyl while the boys play along.

I don't know. I think the whole thing of firing Scott was to forget about him altogether. So just spinning lyrics from Scott would kind of defeat the whole purpose
of him getting fired in the first place. For all we know they could be looking to go in a different direction musically.

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2013, 04:08:57 AM »
The ticket site says "members of Stone Temple Pilots" instead of simply saying Stone Temple Pilots, so they're not playing under the STP name then?
Because if they are playing under the STP name then why not just put STP there instead of members of STP.

'members' hint that they'll keep going.  Maybe they don't want to advertise it as STP so it's not a big deal in the press, or maybe wait until they have a new singer?

Or maybe it's true that they can't legally fire Scott and use the STP name without him? Who knows what the reason is, it just had me thinking.

ridiculous. there was a whole thread on this. of course you can fire a singer, and just because you did does not mean you can't use the band name. they may not be able to, but whether they are or not it has nothing to do with the fact that they fired their singer. For the record the name is trademarked with every member of the band as the owner. does this mean they cant use the name because scott is gone, not necessarilly. its for a judge to decide.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »
Just imagine if the firing of Scott really was just a PR stunt to give the band a little boost when hitting the studio or road again. Sadly, I think the DeLeos and Kretz had enough of the drunken performances and behavior.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »

I don't know. I think the whole thing of firing Scott was to forget about him altogether. So just spinning lyrics from Scott would kind of defeat the whole purpose
of him getting fired in the first place. For all we know they could be looking to go in a different direction musically.

I'm pretty sure he was kidding ;)