September 20, 2024, 09:58:12 AM

Author Topic: 2013-05-30 - Los Angeles, CA - Club Nokia  (Read 15845 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2013-05-30 - Los Angeles, CA - Club Nokia
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 03:56:09 AM »
The fuck is rock n roll about Chester Bennington?!? God please no. That to me would be just as bad as Corey Taylor fronting VR.
If you only knew..

Kingpetty

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 04:38:42 AM »
Strat, I like your thinking. I think there's a small chance of this happening but it would be frickin sweet if Scott is there fronting the band. We'll see what happens.
Don't chase buses or women, you always get left behind.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 06:22:01 AM »
The fuck is rock n roll about Chester Bennington?!? God please no. That to me would be just as bad as Corey Taylor fronting VR.

xoxo

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 06:55:10 AM »

He's good at singing cover songs, but I'm not a fan of Linkin Park.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Ride the Cliche

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 08:21:06 AM »
Damn, I saw this too late. Tickets are now sold out :( Not really in the mood or have the extra cash to pay 100+ for balcony seats, either. To keep myself from feeling bummed about missing out on this, I'll just keep telling myself that the DeLeos and Eric will only do a couple songs and I'll keep a glimmer of hope that there'll be something else on the horizon sooner than later.

Who's going to this? If anyone has a spare or two, please let me know!
Too many shows to list...

Ride the Cliche

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »
Damn, I saw this too late. Tickets are now sold out :( Not really in the mood or have the extra cash to pay 100+ for balcony seats, either. To keep myself from feeling bummed about missing out on this, I'll just keep telling myself that the DeLeos and Eric will only do a couple songs and I'll keep a glimmer of hope that there'll be something else on the horizon sooner than later.

Who's going to this? If anyone has a spare or two, please let me know!

For some reason, my previous post won't let me edit. Anyway, I checked back and there are tickets available again!  I'm going, even if the boys only play a couple songs.  Made the decision to go to this instead of Scott's show the night before.
Too many shows to list...

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhMr6bfbO4

He's damn good when he gets away from the Nu-Metal/Techno shit. Certainly wouldn't want to see him fronting "STP", but a side project between him and "STP" would be pretty fucking awesome, IMO.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 09:39:59 AM »
Personally I think Linkin Park are one of the worst rock bands of the last 20 years.

Bennington has pipes though, so I am sure he'll be a competent performer for them, if he does sing some STP tunes.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
Strat, I like your thinking. I think there's a small chance of this happening but it would be frickin sweet if Scott is there fronting the band. We'll see what happens.

Sorry... but no...

I appreciate that this theory is admittedly unlikely, but I'm ruling out the possibility that Scott would ever secretly work something out with the rest of STP to do a surprise performance with them.

1. They hate each other.
2. They aren't smart enough.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 10:08:50 AM »
Deleos and Linkin Park please god no.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIN THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAAAAAAL

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhMr6bfbO4

He's damn good when he gets away from the Nu-Metal/Techno shit. Certainly wouldn't want to see him fronting "STP", but a side project between him and "STP" would be pretty fucking awesome, IMO.

^^^ thank you.

Watch some Camp Freddy vids and educate yourselves. Say what you want about Linkin Park but Chester is pretty fucking talented. I wouldn't want him performing under the STP name but a one-off show with the Deleos and Kretz could be very very cool.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 02:06:53 AM »
I think Chester is great, so a show with him doing STP tunes would be fantastic, I think.

I like alot of Linkin Park tunes, they have a few really good rockers. However, I think their last 2 albums are garbage. Those 2 albums can fuck off. They can just fuck right off.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 02:16:27 AM »
I think Chester is great, so a show with him doing STP tunes would be fantastic, I think.

I like alot of Linkin Park tunes, they have a few really good rockers. However, I think their last 2 albums are garbage. Those 2 albums can fuck off. They can just fuck right off.

A Thousand Suns is master class, man.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2013, 02:22:21 AM »

A Thousand Suns is master class, man.

I wasn't really feeling it. To be totally honest, I did enjoy Blackout, and I thought The Catalyst was okay. So, I probably shouldn't say that one was total garbage.

You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2013, 02:29:01 AM »

I agree I think They sound like a boy band in their newer stuff but their rockers are awesome,hopefully they can drive back to that sound in the future.