October 01, 2024, 11:17:19 AM

Author Topic: Scott's various reasons for being LATE. (updating often I am sure...)  (Read 4237 times)

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
Figured this may be a fun place to start to list his creative/humorous/fabricated/ridiculous reasons for showing up 2 hours late to shows. So far I know of two and I wasn't even looking for them, but please feel free to add. When I saw STP in NY last year and they were 90 minutes late they gave no excuses but security told me they all pulled up late and totally wasted. At least now Scott is getting creative. Maybe he is feeling guilty too.
1)Boston - Drove all day in snow storm in a rent-a-car / RV without heat / electricity or other creature comforts. Was wearing clothes that he wore already that are sweaty and crusty. Then comments "who gives a shit you would not have known it if I didn't say anything".
I say, good point Scott, nobody gives a shit and you should not have said anything.
Rumor also has it that he simply locked himself in a bathroom. Not as in he couldn't get out, as in on purpose, probablly seeking privacy while on a drug binge.
2)PA - Was busy watching "The Hobbit", whereas the writer of the story I read commented that he should have stayed in with some popcorn. Agreed.

Other assorted excerpts/reviews from articles I have read about Scott and his band (including some comments from those on this board...Sklashboombash has some good ones that I like) -
-delivered an uneven performance
-played for a surprisingly sparce crown
-the wildabouts altered arrangements with less then stellar results
-missing that old STP magic
-apparent now are the integral deleo backups that are now missing
-another song that limped along bogged down by awkwardly long breaks in between songs
-missing the fiery spirit that he had with his ex band mates
-things headed south after a three song encore that went bad quickly.
-he brought out the bullhorn early but thankfully only used it sparingly.
-after a 5 minute mess of snipits that band muddled through Creep.
-much of the problem was its desultory presentation and lag time.
-his performance was rough and ragged.
-there were botched lyrics, but thats nothing new.
-Scotts band is not that good. The drummer missed cues, the guitar player noodled on EVERY song...if you are going to play an STP song you should learn it (I like that one).
-How is it possible that he doesn't realize what he sounds like. (100% valid)
-Shows like this hurt his legacy, reputation, and already tainted public perception. (that sums it up)

I feel so bad for this poor guy , I 'll never get what he is doing. Oh well let's just continue to talk shit about him then and watch the implosion that is the SW tour 2013!

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Scott's various reasons for being LATE. (updating often I am sure...)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 05:57:31 AM »
Talk about being a Negative Nancy..... :-X
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's various reasons for being LATE. (updating often I am sure...)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »
Oh boy....
lol
Shall we all come on here and lie and say Scott is killing it out there, and pump him up when he doesn't deserve it. I would love him to read all these comments and have it dawn on him, "hey what AM I doing here, I do need to get it togethor". This won't happen but it would be nice. The guy is a legend in my eyes but he isn't acting like one. Negative Nancy I am not, I am not gonna blow smoke though, it's all reality. I am dumbfounded by it.