September 29, 2024, 07:33:01 AM

Author Topic: 3-1-2013 - The Machine Shop - Flint, MI  (Read 14697 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: 3-1-2013 - The Machine Shop - Flint, MI
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2013, 07:31:27 AM »
I'd actually go for a new VR album at this point since STP won't do anything with Scott for a few years.  I don't think it'd be the greatest thing ever and I do feel that VR ran its course, but I think it'd be better than anything he'll make with Doug Grean.  I just don't see it happening though, Slash makes enough money solo to not have to deal with Scott again for a decent paycheck and has made it clear he doesn't want to play with him.  The bottom line is if Scott wants STP or VR to ever work with him again, he needs to be 100% sober.  That is the root of all of his problems.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

cagedtiger1640

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »

Umm..
I pretty much believe everything you've just said on that post. I've been telling people most of that stuff for years, but they tend to constantly belive everything is lovey-lovey in the STP camp. 

I've seen them 8 times since the reunion and I always got an awkward feeling after the show.. Sort of like a "take the money and run"  feeling from the band. Nothing compared to the shows I went to from the n.4 and Shangri years.

To me, there's absolutely no chemistry between Scott and the band anymore. The band ALWAYS sounds fuckin' great, and although Scott isn't the same dude anymore since VR, there's just this odd vibe. It's just the way I see it from my point of view; I'm glad others get great experiences from the shows they've attended since the reunion.. I sure as hell wish I got the same feeling.

I'm right with you on the vibe you have gotten at shows since the reunion.  You pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned.  I remember going to shows in the No.4 SLDD era when you left the show in awe from the amazing energy and chemistry.  That feeling has never been close to being captured at the reunion shows.  That is not to say I didn't enjoy a few of the reunion shows I saw, but they were not on the same level energy wise.  For some reason they lost the spark.  I am assuming its because if inner term oil between Scott and the rest of the band.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »
Mmm yeah, I went to a Detroit show in 08, and although it was a great performance (my GF at the time was with me, she doesn't like STP, but she thought it was a good good gig) I did get a strange feeling from it, like they weren't quite all there.

It was when Scott had that idiotic looking long haircut, and he just seemed a bit zonked in between tracks, and the whole band seemed a bit standoffish. But then I saw them again in London UK for the S/T tour, and they were amazing. Almost as good as when I saw them at the same venue for the SLDD tour. They seemed to be getting on great, although that may have had something to do with the fact that the band apparently love playing Brixton Academy because all the fans know all the new tracks, and when they only visit once a decade they get a mindblowing reception.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2013, 11:55:25 PM »
Very cool you met him! How'd it happen, did you wait outside the venue or what? How long did you have to wait? Just curious because I'm going to the Niagara Falls show tomorrow :)
I waited outside near the door by the tour buses for 30-45 after the show.
Hopefully you see this in time before you head out. Good luck.

My crappy videos:

Partial of KW&CB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJzFdEUy_g

Wicked Garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqQ1plV8b60

Naked Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-cr2vBoKUo

I also have 4-5 minutes of the opening jam they do, but I haven't uploaded it. If anyone wants to see it, let me know and I will.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2013, 12:54:07 AM »
Very cool you met him! How'd it happen, did you wait outside the venue or what? How long did you have to wait? Just curious because I'm going to the Niagara Falls show tomorrow :)

My crappy videos:

Partial of KW&CB

Wicked Garden

Naked Sunday

I also have 4-5 minutes of the opening jam they do, but I haven't uploaded it. If anyone wants to see it, let me know and I will.

Hey, thanks man!

Kitchenware actually sounds pretty good... Except for the keyboard being too high in the mix.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2013, 01:06:23 AM »
Thanks for sharing! I agree, Kitchenware sounds pretty good. I hope someone gets full video of it from tonight's show.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »

My crappy videos:

Partial of KW&CB

Wicked Garden

Naked Sunday

Figured that was how it happened. Waited around for about an hour last night, then security told us that Scott literally walked offstage and got into a cab to go back to his hotel. Oh well...at least it was a fun gig still!

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 06:41:18 AM »
 We all know how STP love the media. Considering originally rumour spread by Slash. I t would so cool if it a media prank. eg OK guys say this to make it official and booooom headlines across the world. STP will be back and it would be the ultimate to find out the rumour was exaggerated by the band members.
 Do you honestly think this will end up in court. STP will be back.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 06:46:32 AM »
We all know how STP love the media. Considering originally rumour spread by Slash. I t would so cool if it a media prank. eg OK guys say this to make it official and booooom headlines across the world. STP will be back and it would be the ultimate to find out the rumour was exaggerated by the band members.

Dude, this is it for the time being.  They'll be back someday, but it'll take a couple years at least for cooler heads to prevail/Scott to get sober.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 07:51:56 AM »

Dude, this is it for the time being.  They'll be back someday, but it'll take a couple years at least for cooler heads to prevail/Scott to get sober.
Yeah its finally really starting to kick in that this is over for now and maybe forever. Who knows how long any of us have here, its been a blast for sure. Fuck man we actually got them back you know and there we're some bad ass shows and bad ass memories. I hope this isn't it. I really thought this break up was a joke or a stunt but now it seems so real. I'm kinda bummed out now. We might not see much from Dean and Rob for a long time, more than likely nothing till STP reunites in 5 years, that's the ultimate sad.

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2013, 05:47:11 AM »
I was here.  I was kinda disappointed.  It made me miss STP and the past glory of the band.  Scott sounded good on the new material.  I thought some of the stp covers were not so good.

It was still pretty cool to see the band live and up close.  Interesting to see what they did with the stp songs covers. 

My preferences for a scott solo tour would be more solo record stuff and maybe VR and later STP material.   I just think you need to go to the material that scott still preforms well.