September 29, 2024, 09:15:14 AM

Author Topic: 3-1-2013 - The Machine Shop - Flint, MI  (Read 14699 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 3-1-2013 - The Machine Shop - Flint, MI
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 12:43:40 AM »
Wow, this just sounds like a really bad cover band that you'd pay 5 bucks to see.

I wouldn't say they sound like a bad cover band. I'd say like they sound like a ok cover band. I.E. they play all the parts decently, but they have all the energy of a bunch of local dads getting together at a bar for the weekend and playing cover tunes.

Scott actually sounds pretty damn good. If this was an STP show, with a setlist like that (minus VR and solo material) I'd piss my pants. But with the Wildabouts. IDK. Happy Scott sounds good, just wish he was with people who could put energy behind those songs.

You know what's really fucking sad? STP usually integrates the deep cuts Scott puts in his solo shows into their setlists, so if STP hadn't broken up they would pretty much be guaranteed to play Kitchenware and/or Naked Sunday on this next tour.

Sooo close to my 2009-2013 Purple playlist. C'est la vie.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:00:15 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

chrisr8

• Douche
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 12:46:06 AM »
Wow, this just sounds like a really bad cover band that you'd pay 5 bucks to see. Not a band that you'd go to see even... just a band that is playing at a bar that serves the best buffalo wings in town and has the coldest beer. Then you show up past 9:00 and have to pay the $5 cover charge but you're really hungry and really thirsty so you pay it... And then this shitshow walks on stage and starts raping all your favorite old, classic STP songs. Wow, this is bad.

Scott needs to stop. He has a great ear so maybe he should just get gigs as a studio producer.
I'm so with you on this. Scott sounds like crap. That drummer can't play and that fat guitar player looks and sounds like shit. This is a bar band at best.It doesn't even seem like the band knows the songs. Scott can't even remember the words. What is up with the Keyboards?  I saw that the tickets are $40 ea. haha FUCK THAT! I can't wait to see what STP is up to. I hope they come out swinging and kick the shit out of this crap.

chrisr8

• Douche
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 12:49:08 AM »
I'd put some money down on this tour will derail before the end. Their is no way he will make it until April. Give it a week and we will see a very drunk youtube video of him not doing to well.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 01:05:05 AM »
I'd put some money down on this tour will derail before the end. Their is no way he will make it until April. Give it a week and we will see a very drunk youtube video of him not doing to well.

You're probably right. Still, despite his obvious problems, Scott will most likely display better grammar and knowledge of how to spell than certain people I could mention.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:51 AM »
I hate drunk YouTube videos.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 01:20:36 AM »
Wow, this just sounds like a really bad cover band that you'd pay 5 bucks to see. Not a band that you'd go to see even... just a band that is playing at a bar that serves the best buffalo wings in town and has the coldest beer. Then you show up past 9:00 and have to pay the $5 cover charge but you're really hungry and really thirsty so you pay it... And then this shitshow walks on stage and starts raping all your favorite old, classic STP songs. Wow, this is bad.

Scott needs to stop. He has a great ear so maybe he should just get gigs as a studio producer.

I've got to ask you a question, but first I must make it clear that I'm not an angry STP/Weiland apologist who's angry about your constant bashing. Over past couple of years, I've fallen out of my STP obsession quite a bit to the point where I just enjoy their previous work. I haven't looked forward to anything they've done for a few years and I've frequented this forum less and less. The only reason I still check here every once in a while because I still like these guys, just not as much as I used to.

So my question to you is: Why do you still come here? It doesn't seem like hold ANY decent feelings towards STP or Weiland, yet for at least a year you've come here to bash them. Again, I feel detached personally from STP, so I'm not an offended fan telling you "get a life." I'm just genuinely curious.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »
Scott was onstage for almost 2 hours. 10:45-12:30, give or take.
I have some video - I'll have to review 'em and see what I have.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 02:09:55 AM »

Any footage of K&C? Even if it's with the Wildabouts, it's the first time the song's been played in 11 years.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 03:01:36 AM »

I've got to ask you a question, but first I must make it clear that I'm not an angry STP/Weiland apologist who's angry about your constant bashing. Over past couple of years, I've fallen out of my STP obsession quite a bit to the point where I just enjoy their previous work. I haven't looked forward to anything they've done for a few years and I've frequented this forum less and less. The only reason I still check here every once in a while because I still like these guys, just not as much as I used to.

So my question to you is: Why do you still come here? It doesn't seem like hold ANY decent feelings towards STP or Weiland, yet for at least a year you've come here to bash them. Again, I feel detached personally from STP, so I'm not an offended fan telling you "get a life." I'm just genuinely curious.

STP was a big part of my life growing up. There were times that I ate, drank and slept STP. I've probably spent thousands on shirts, shows, CD's (singles, bootlegs, bootleg videos, etc...) As life has gone on and I grew up, my musical tastes have changed and I began working with people in the music industry and became friends with people.

Surprisingly, people here have joked about me being in my parents basement which is laughable. I've been coming here and posting a long time. I've contributed a lot to the community of the years, including many of those videos Rik posted a few years ago. I'm married and I just returned from a great vacation in Hawaii for 10 days. I have a great job and I still work with and keep up with people that work in the industry.

Anyway, it wasn't until about 2009 or so when I started hearing rumblings about the guys in STP from people I know that associate to them... One person pretty directly. You all know I've made it know in many of my posts that I know certain things and I've said things about stuff and a few months later, they're true. My track record is pretty solid.

Every now and then, I lurk on the board to see what everyone is talking about and to see if there were any new old bootlegs from older tours that have come out. I still like the older STP stuff but it's the new stuff that sucks. Every now and then I hear rumblings about the guys from my contact and I'll pass it on in a way I can without jeopardizing my relationships that have taken so long to build over the years.

So many people here are younger than I am and invest the same type of time that I did growing up. It's great if that's what you really want to do but you all think these guys walk on water. I did too but once you really know the REAL guys and you see or hear from someone that knows the REAL people, and you hear what you hear, it really let's the air out of the balloon.

STP doesn't care about you. If you met them after a show at a meet and greet, you met them in a controlled environment and if they came out as being genuine, that's what they want you to think. I know the real truth and it's all about the cash. They don't like one another and they've been working as a name for the last 5 years to take money from their fans.

They recorded the last album separately. They wanted no studio interaction with Scott.
On tour, they travel in separate buses.
They don't work at rehearsing any older material to include in setlists on these tours because that takes time to work together. They can play the greatest hits songs in their sleep... well all except for Scott and he needs a teleprompter because of all the drugs he's done, he has CRS (Can't Remember Shit) Syndrome.
They have all had pretty substantial substance abuse issues and they continue making Scott out to be the one with the biggest issue.
The lies the band has told over the years in interviews about doing certain concerts a certain way, recording certain songs, how many songs they recorded... It's all bullshit. It's all been stuff just to lead fans on into thinking there is more and more out there than there is.
Oh, my contact was told directly by 2/4 members of the band that they know they don't "have it" but as long as fans kept coming to the shows, they were okay with 'business as usual.' Well, I guess enough fans stopped going to the shows and it was enough to cause some strife.
The SW covers album was a cash grab. He had songs in the can that he knew some people would buy so he released it. He released it as an overpriced, mish mosh of mixed quality songs just to get your money instead of putting it on itunes or bandcamp where he has to pay "commission" on what sells.

It goes on and on.

So, I come here to see what's new and exciting and when I feel the need to interject, I will.

It goes on and on.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:22:58 AM by Vaporized »
Take it.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 04:44:56 AM »

STP was a big part of my life growing up. There were times that I ate, drank and slept STP. I've probably spent thousands on shirts, shows, CD's (singles, bootlegs, bootleg videos, etc...) As life has gone on and I grew up, my musical tastes have changed and I began working with people in the music industry and became friends with people.

Surprisingly, people here have joked about me being in my parents basement which is laughable. I've been coming here and posting a long time. I've contributed a lot to the community of the years, including many of those videos Rik posted a few years ago. I'm married and I just returned from a great vacation in Hawaii for 10 days. I have a great job and I still work with and keep up with people that work in the industry.

Anyway, it wasn't until about 2009 or so when I started hearing rumblings about the guys in STP from people I know that associate to them... One person pretty directly. You all know I've made it know in many of my posts that I know certain things and I've said things about stuff and a few months later, they're true. My track record is pretty solid.

Every now and then, I lurk on the board to see what everyone is talking about and to see if there were any new old bootlegs from older tours that have come out. I still like the older STP stuff but it's the new stuff that sucks. Every now and then I hear rumblings about the guys from my contact and I'll pass it on in a way I can without jeopardizing my relationships that have taken so long to build over the years.

So many people here are younger than I am and invest the same type of time that I did growing up. It's great if that's what you really want to do but you all think these guys walk on water. I did too but once you really know the REAL guys and you see or hear from someone that knows the REAL people, and you hear what you hear, it really let's the air out of the balloon.

STP doesn't care about you. If you met them after a show at a meet and greet, you met them in a controlled environment and if they came out as being genuine, that's what they want you to think. I know the real truth and it's all about the cash. They don't like one another and they've been working as a name for the last 5 years to take money from their fans.

They recorded the last album separately. They wanted no studio interaction with Scott.
On tour, they travel in separate buses.
They don't work at rehearsing any older material to include in setlists on these tours because that takes time to work together. They can play the greatest hits songs in their sleep... well all except for Scott and he needs a teleprompter because of all the drugs he's done, he has CRS (Can't Remember Shit) Syndrome.
They have all had pretty substantial substance abuse issues and they continue making Scott out to be the one with the biggest issue.
The lies the band has told over the years in interviews about doing certain concerts a certain way, recording certain songs, how many songs they recorded... It's all bullshit. It's all been stuff just to lead fans on into thinking there is more and more out there than there is.
Oh, my contact was told directly by 2/4 members of the band that they know they don't "have it" but as long as fans kept coming to the shows, they were okay with 'business as usual.' Well, I guess enough fans stopped going to the shows and it was enough to cause some strife.
The SW covers album was a cash grab. He had songs in the can that he knew some people would buy so he released it. He released it as an overpriced, mish mosh of mixed quality songs just to get your money instead of putting it on itunes or bandcamp where he has to pay "commission" on what sells.

It goes on and on.

So, I come here to see what's new and exciting and when I feel the need to interject, I will.

It goes on and on.

Umm..
I pretty much believe everything you've just said on that post. I've been telling people most of that stuff for years, but they tend to constantly belive everything is lovey-lovey in the STP camp. 

I've seen them 8 times since the reunion and I always got an awkward feeling after the show.. Sort of like a "take the money and run"  feeling from the band. Nothing compared to the shows I went to from the n.4 and Shangri years.

To me, there's absolutely no chemistry between Scott and the band anymore. The band ALWAYS sounds fuckin' great, and although Scott isn't the same dude anymore since VR, there's just this odd vibe. It's just the way I see it from my point of view; I'm glad others get great experiences from the shows they've attended since the reunion.. I sure as hell wish I got the same feeling.
If you only knew..

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 04:57:13 AM »

Any footage of K&C? Even if it's with the Wildabouts, it's the first time the song's been played in 11 years.
I think I have at least part of it.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »
I'll never get the "WHY DO YOU STILL COME HERE!?!?!?" sentiment for anyone being critical of the band/Weiland on this site.  Everyone here was, or still is, a huge fan of this band and its individual members.  Critical comments do not negate 20 years of being a fan.

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
It was a great show. Scott had a bunch of energy and seemed to genuinely having a great time.
I've got some pics and video which I'll post later.

I stuck around after and got to meet Scott. He was really nice and stopped and talked to fans for a bit, sign some autographs and take a few pictures.

He talked a bit about the STP news/drama, basically saying the firing stuff is nonsense and he can't be fired, as it is stated in their contracts.
He said that the guys wanted to do a big 26 week tour, May-December (2012, I assume), but Scott said he wasn't up for it - he really wanted to take a break and be with his family for a bit, because he hasn't taken much of a vacation the last few years and the boys weren't happy about it.
He wouldn't say VR is getting back together, but he would like to and there is a possibility for a reunion.
He actually talked about his lack of an online presence, and almost feeling guilty about it. He said something along the lines of not understanding the whole Myspace things. Yes, Myspace.

While he seemed lucid, coherent and sober, there was a couple of brief times where he seemed out of it all of a sudden, almost like he was drunk. I'm not saying he was, but it was...odd. He very briefly zoned out while signing an autograph (like he forgot what he was doing), almost spilled his Gatorade several times, and appeared to get confused when his hands were full of stuff (Gatorade, paper, sunglasses, scarf and Sharpie).

Anyway, I was really happy that I got to get a picture with him, shake his hand and thank him for everything over the years.
Very cool you met him! How'd it happen, did you wait outside the venue or what? How long did you have to wait? Just curious because I'm going to the Niagara Falls show tomorrow :)

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »
One more thing: Does anyone know of the Merch?
Was there anything cool/ anything at all? His promo poster would look cool on a t shirt.
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »
I'll never get the "WHY DO YOU STILL COME HERE!?!?!?" sentiment for anyone being critical of the band/Weiland on this site.  Everyone here was, or still is, a huge fan of this band and its individual members.  Critical comments do not negate 20 years of being a fan.
This^   Finally, someone says something rational

Well said to you too, Vaporized.  Sums up my feelings exactly. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:36:03 PM by Aaron »