September 29, 2024, 11:28:26 AM

Author Topic: 3-1-2013 - The Machine Shop - Flint, MI  (Read 14716 times)

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
3-1-2013 - The Machine Shop - Flint, MI
« on: February 22, 2013, 12:42:58 AM »
I know we've got a few Michigan folks here - anyone else going?

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
Re: 3-1-2013 - The Machine Shop - Flint, MI
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:55:43 AM »
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/scott-weiland/2013/the-machine-shop-flint-mi-13db0555.html
Set lookin very good!
Naked Sunday, Kitchenware, Still Remains, and my favorite Scott Solo song, Paralysis, make me even more excited to see the Wildabouts on the 12th!
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:14:03 AM »
Glad to see Naked Sunday and Kitchenware and Candybars.  Now we just need Where The River Goes.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »
Makes me not able to wait for the Cincy show!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:19:31 AM »
I'll be the first person to say it...I'm not impressed. With the exception of Naked Sunday and Kitchenware, all these songs have been played relatively recently. Even the covers were played on Scott's last tour.  The fact that Scott claims that it was the Deleo's who didn't want to change the setlist up is laughable.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »
It was a great show. Scott had a bunch of energy and seemed to genuinely having a great time.
I've got some pics and video which I'll post later.

I stuck around after and got to meet Scott. He was really nice and stopped and talked to fans for a bit, sign some autographs and take a few pictures.

He talked a bit about the STP news/drama, basically saying the firing stuff is nonsense and he can't be fired, as it is stated in their contracts.
He said that the guys wanted to do a big 26 week tour, May-December (2012, I assume), but Scott said he wasn't up for it - he really wanted to take a break and be with his family for a bit, because he hasn't taken much of a vacation the last few years and the boys weren't happy about it.
He wouldn't say VR is getting back together, but he would like to and there is a possibility for a reunion.
He actually talked about his lack of an online presence, and almost feeling guilty about it. He said something along the lines of not understanding the whole Myspace things. Yes, Myspace.

While he seemed lucid, coherent and sober, there was a couple of brief times where he seemed out of it all of a sudden, almost like he was drunk. I'm not saying he was, but it was...odd. He very briefly zoned out while signing an autograph (like he forgot what he was doing), almost spilled his Gatorade several times, and appeared to get confused when his hands were full of stuff (Gatorade, paper, sunglasses, scarf and Sharpie).

Anyway, I was really happy that I got to get a picture with him, shake his hand and thank him for everything over the years.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 02:08:42 PM »
He talked a bit about the STP news/drama, basically saying the firing stuff is nonsense and he can't be fired, as it is stated in their contracts.
He said that the guys wanted to do a big 26 week tour, May-December (2012, I assume), but Scott said he wasn't up for it - he really wanted to take a break and be with his family for a bit, because he hasn't taken much of a vacation the last few years and the boys weren't happy about it.

Thanks very much for the review and info. I guess it's lawsuits all round then.

My take is that STP will announce a tour then album with a new singer. Meanwhile, Scott sits tight and watches his words so he can get the best payoff.

The whole thing sucks.  :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:10:25 PM by Stop That Pigeon »

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »
Thanks for the review. The zoning out thing while he was writing autographs, couldn't that be damage from his past drug use? I don't know, just a thought.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 03:27:09 PM »

I do not think the guys looking for a new singer, they have almost 50 years ... I see them more producing and playing sporadically. Besides, can you imagine the concerts with a new singer and the audience all the time saying "is stp scott!"
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 05:30:29 PM »
Thank you from the photos Manxita ♥

Better than what I have seen with mlive - people in the audience?
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
It was a great show. Scott had a bunch of energy and seemed to genuinely having a great time.
I've got some pics and video which I'll post later.

I stuck around after and got to meet Scott. He was really nice and stopped and talked to fans for a bit, sign some autographs and take a few pictures.

He wouldn't say VR is getting back together, but he would like to and there is a possibility for a reunion.
He actually talked about his lack of an online presence, and almost feeling guilty about it. He said something along the lines of not understanding the whole Myspace things. Yes, Myspace.

While he seemed lucid, coherent and sober, there was a couple of brief times where he seemed out of it all of a sudden, almost like he was drunk. I'm not saying he was, but it was...odd. He very briefly zoned out while signing an autograph (like he forgot what he was doing), almost spilled his Gatorade several times, and appeared to get confused when his hands were full of stuff (Gatorade, paper, sunglasses, scarf and Sharpie).

Anyway, I was really happy that I got to get a picture with him, shake his hand and thank him for everything over the years.

I'm really happy for you, that you got the chance to meet him and talk to him! :) I'll be waiting for the photos and videos!
About the zoning out thing...yeah, like NakedFountain said it could be some residual damage from all the drug use, or it could also be a side effect from his bipolar meds (if he's still taking those...).
Thank you for sharing!

And here's a review from the concert:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/03/scott_weiland_avoids_stone_tem.html
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

fredisidle

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 06:12:59 PM »