September 29, 2024, 09:23:30 AM

Author Topic: 2013-03-26 - House of Blues, Houston, TX  (Read 10674 times)

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 3-26-2013 - House of Blues, Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »
Anyone going?
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:33 PM »
I would've liked to, but am out of work and have no money for tickets.

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:52:07 AM »
So apparently for the three Texas shows some T.V. show or youtube channel or something is coming to film the opening band Machina and they say they are going to talk to Scott. I wonder if they'll film any of his set at the shows? That would be pretty cool, just hope he delivers a Cincinnati type performance, and not a Cleveland type.
https://www.facebook.com/TheMakingOfRockstars
Also on one of the guys who is a part of the shows fb page said that Machina will possibly be joining Scott for more dates later this year.

Txloungefly

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »
Long time reader, first time poster.  This show was awesome!  Scott talked between songs, but everything made sense, not like some of the other ramblings.  He danced around and even climbed up the rafters on Roadhouse Blues!  The setlist was pretty much the  same, but Lounge Fly was added.  The  crowd was great, there was a twenty-one year old next to us that was just as into the show as we were.  I have watched most of the video from other shows, so I wasn't too sure what to expect, but this show far outweighed my expectations.  I agree that the Wildabouts are definately no Robert, Dean and Eric, but they sounded pretty good tonight.  I will post video tomorrow. 

stpblaine2

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 08:51:51 AM »
Skeptical of this show at first, but Scott was great! He was smiling the whole night and chit chatting it up but nothing too weird. Same set list except Lounge Fly instead of Naked Sunday.

My only complaint will be this: I stood after to meet Scott, which I did sort of. He was really belligerent(I'm guessing he's waiting until afterwards to get shit faced now) and there was literally about 6-7 people out there and he wouldn't give anyone the time to sign anything, take pictures, etc. Which I thought was pretty shitty. Other than that, he was great on stage and put on a really great show.

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/davmeek?feature=watch
This guy has some good vids. In the 3 videos I watched Scott sounded great.

nick

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
After reading just about every review that I possibly could and coming very disappointed about the way it sounded like the tour was shaping up, I was skeptical about even going to the show even though I had already purchased my ticket.  I gotta say though, that it didn't even seem like the same guy or show that I had read about and seen the youtube clips of.  Scott seemed to be spot on.  There weren't the long winded rants, he even seemed to be happy on stage.  He high fived a few fans, climbed a "rafter" that was to the right of the stage, and even sang happy birthday to a fan that was up front. 

The setlist was the same (lounge fly no naked sunday).  The covers that they performed did seem the stronger of the set.  The highlight for me was either Kitchenware & Candybars, or Mountain Song.  They played to a maybe 3/4 full House of Blues, that surprised me for a Tuesday night.

I am sorry that the entire tour didn't go as smoothly as it seems to be going now.  Hopefully he can ride this positive.  It was definitely one of the better shows that I have been to in a long time. 

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »
After reading just about every review that I possibly could and coming very disappointed about the way it sounded like the tour was shaping up, I was skeptical about even going to the show even though I had already purchased my ticket.  I gotta say though, that it didn't even seem like the same guy or show that I had read about and seen the youtube clips of.  Scott seemed to be spot on.  There weren't the long winded rants, he even seemed to be happy on stage.  He high fived a few fans, climbed a "rafter" that was to the right of the stage, and even sang happy birthday to a fan that was up front. 

The setlist was the same (lounge fly no naked sunday).  The covers that they performed did seem the stronger of the set.  The highlight for me was either Kitchenware & Candybars, or Mountain Song.  They played to a maybe 3/4 full House of Blues, that surprised me for a Tuesday night.

I am sorry that the entire tour didn't go as smoothly as it seems to be going now.  Hopefully he can ride this positive.  It was definitely one of the better shows that I have been to in a long time. 

Welcome to the board!  Glad you enjoyed the show  :) 

There is always more negativity on this board than positivity.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

nick

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 04:06:35 PM »
Thanks!  I guess the negative shit always outweighs the positive...at least on the internet.

Show was great, I am still glad the way it turned out. 

Here is a "pro's" review of the show last night...just another perspective I suppose, and a nice pic or two..

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2013/03/last_night_scott_weiland_at_ho.php

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »

This is wrong. We on this board just have a lot of reason to not be that happy a lot of the time with Scotts issues and all. Plus certain people are blackholes of negativity that they are incapable of seeing for themselves and almost always have something negative to say. If you visit often you will see who they are, hell I bet some of them even reply to this comment trying to start some shit, they always try to start shit, not sure why though? I mean fuck life's too short for that shit. Welcome to the board though, glad you got to catch one of the good shows on this tour. Rock on bro.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »

Disagree, this is actually one of the more fair boards because most people actually do like Scott and the STP guys on here.  We're just not going to pretend everything's okay when it's not.

There were tons of positive vibes here when STP reunited in 2008 and when the new album came out in 2010 along with many parts of the tour.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:36:23 PM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:52 PM »
I'll have to agree with all that too.
Is there alot of negativity. Sure.
Is it just and due and deserved, Yes
So everyone is right. Yes we are all fans merely speaking the truth.
When Scott does a good show which I am surprised to see here and there...I am the first to put him back up on a pedestal. That scenario is few and far between.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
The new Sevendust album Black Out the Sun

nick

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »
Not good at this type of stuff, so forgive me if it doesn't work...Here is Scott climbing a rafter type thing during Roadhouse Blues...

Well, I don't know how to post, but here is a quick link..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71811077@N03/8595827940/

Sorry again...