October 01, 2024, 09:22:27 AM

Author Topic: 3-7-2013 - Wilbur Theatre - Boston, Ma  (Read 13645 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 3-7-2013 - Wilbur Theatre - Boston, Ma
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »
i really do hope he gets his act together. this is really sad to watch. how many times can he disappoint a loyal fan before they just throw in the towel?

I think its approaching the 15th anniversary of this phrase in dealing with Weiland
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 07:48:53 PM »
Went to the show last night setlist was:
Opening Jam
Crackerman
Wicked Garden
Paralysis
Naked Sunday
Creep
Jean genie
Kitchenware and Candybars
Where The River Goes
Mountain Song
Big Empty
Can't Stand Me Now
Still Remains
Interstate Love Song
Roadhouse Blues
Sex Type Thing

I must have been at a different show than all those people because I have no idea what they are talking about. All the people I was standing next to loved the show and I didn't hear a single complaint around me. I didn't see anyone walk out and leave, didn't even hear any heckling around me at all! This was my 22nd time seeing Scott in concert (5th time seeing him solo) and people are completely overreacting. Yes it's true about the whole announcement about him not being in the building and he did come on stage 30 mins late, But I have no idea what they are talking about him being all fucked up. I've seen him in all types of states over  the years and he seemed pretty with it last night. He seemed to be in a good mood when he came one stage all smiles and he even took off his sunglasses pretty quickly. (Usually he will leave them on for about half the show) He was not forgetting lyrics, I'm assuming the people who are saying this are not familiar with the version of Crackerman he is doing. He was not slurring his words  and he was just doing the normal in between song banter. At one point in between songs when Scott was talking a corner of the crowd started chanting "SIGN HER BOOK SIGN HER BOOK", Scott laughed and said hold on or something, Then a few songs later he went over to her, then started playing with one of the lights on the stage making funny faces, he was going to sign her book but I don't think he had a pen.  So he said something along the lines of "after the show we will take it backstage and bring it back, Don't worry I won't keep it, what am I gonna do put up a poster  of myself in my room" haha, And good old Scotty he kept his word, after the show they sent someone out to grab books from a handful of people in the crowd and Scott signed them and brought the books back out to the people.

As far as the actual performance goes I think the guys just need more practice doing the STP songs. They are putting their own little spin on the songs but are having a hard time keeping up with Scott, I noticed all the guys kept looking at the teleprompter just be able to keep time with Scott.  I don't know why people are saying the other guys seemed aggravated with Scott because I didn't see it. I think it was them just looking more focused trying to play the songs. I could definitely tell Doug was not as laid back as he usually is. The setlist was the same as the other shows no surprises. I was really excited about hearing Naked Sunday and Where The River Goes, but they just didn't come together right. I can admit this wasn't the best performance i've seen from him but it's not nearly as bad as people are saying, The band just needs to practice more, they were so strong on the songs they usually do but when it came to the other STP songs you could tell they just haven't mastered them yet. But practice makes perfect and this is just the beginning of the tour.

There was absolute crap at the merch booth, the opening band had triple the amount of merch than Scott did. They were selling 1 t-shirt with Scotts face from the HIG cover and it said Scott Weiland, Then they had his book, the christmas CD and a mug and that was it. I was really hoping he would have new shirts for this tour.

Me and my boyfriend waited outside to see if would could catch any of the guys. We saw Doug leave and thanked him for a great show, At around 1 AM Scott came out and was getting into a car with his fiance. We told him how much we always love getting to see him and how great the show was. He seemed very appreciative and thanked us for coming.

My boyfriend took some pictures i'll post them as soon as I can.
--
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:50:58 PM by toysintheattic »
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:35 PM »
I am strongly feeling the two "freeloaders" are the 2 people closest to him.  Poor guy NEEDS to wake up and as long as there are yes men and people there for pay packets.  What DO we expect?
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
Something was obviously up but I hate how speculation turns into the final word.

I know it's frustrating regardless but what time was Scott scheduled to go on (not word of mouth but actually venue booked time)? 

While late is late in any regards, being 20 minutes late to a 9:30/45 booked time is much different than 90 minutes late just because that was when the opener got off stage.
It's also hard to tell when there are so many varying reports.  A barely common fan who just got tickets because he/she heard Scott was to play Core/Purple and says "he was slurring and couldn't put a full thought together so he was obviously shitfaced"  NO that just means he was Scott Weiland of 2007 & Beyond.
If there's reports saying he killed it and sounded great and put on a great show, I honestly give that a little more weight than someone who may pick apart the entire night just because they had to wait.

It's just the ongoing battle of how light/middle of the road fans perceive scott compared to people that know his routines and have more reasonable expectations.  I'm not saying that it's right that we as stronger fans should have to tailor our expectations to someone we look up to, but it's just the way the world of a Scott Weiland fan is.

What is truly unfortunate is that there's even any room for doubt/speculation.  And like someone else said, if Scott is going around doing publicity acknowledging late arrivals and that "[he] needs to work on it." then anything over 5 minutes late just doesn't cut it.
You can't speak about it in an interview a week before and then not make an effort to keep your word.  It's not enough to just acknowledge it.  Acknowledge it and work to improve.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »
Something was obviously up but I hate how speculation turns into the final word.

I know it's frustrating regardless but what time was Scott scheduled to go on (not word of mouth but actually venue booked time)? 

While late is late in any regards, being 20 minutes late to a 9:30/45 booked time is much different than 90 minutes late just because that was when the opener got off stage.
It's also hard to tell when there are so many varying reports.  A barely common fan who just got tickets because he/she heard Scott was to play Core/Purple and says "he was slurring and couldn't put a full thought together so he was obviously shitfaced"  NO that just means he was Scott Weiland of 2007 & Beyond.
If there's reports saying he killed it and sounded great and put on a great show, I honestly give that a little more weight than someone who may pick apart the entire night just because they had to wait.

It's just the ongoing battle of how light/middle of the road fans perceive scott compared to people that know his routines and have more reasonable expectations.  I'm not saying that it's right that we as stronger fans should have to tailor our expectations to someone we look up to, but it's just the way the world of a Scott Weiland fan is.

What is truly unfortunate is that there's even any room for doubt/speculation.  And like someone else said, if Scott is going around doing publicity acknowledging late arrivals and that "[he] needs to work on it." then anything over 5 minutes late just doesn't cut it.
You can't speak about it in an interview a week before and then not make an effort to keep your word.  It's not enough to just acknowledge it.  Acknowledge it and work to improve.
I was about to post a long rant about this but you said it much better.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »
+1
Well said.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »
Conflicting reports from a Scott Weiland show? GASP!
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 08:35:08 PM »
Kitchenware & Candybars sounds great!
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2013, 09:13:48 PM »
Let's not forget these people are from BOSTON.

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
hey!!! we don't all look like that! hehe
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 09:30:32 PM »
This.

Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 09:53:08 PM »
Shit yeah it does. Hack band my ass. Weiland sounded good as well. He has a problem, yes...a BAD problem, but I think some of those comments from before are because people are 1) rightfully pissed off that he showed up late  and 2) pissed off at him for not being a part of STP anymore.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 12:40:57 AM »
Shit yeah it does. Hack band my ass. Weiland sounded good as well. He has a problem, yes...a BAD problem, but I think some of those comments from before are because people are 1) rightfully pissed off that he showed up late  and 2) pissed off at him for not being a part of STP anymore.
Or their pissed cause he didn't play all of core and purple as stated he would.

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2013, 05:07:10 AM »
First song of the night. The crowd doesn't seem too happy.

http://youtu.be/ctWFSFlN7vE
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2013, 05:22:13 AM »
First song of the night. The crowd doesn't seem too happy.

http://youtu.be/ctWFSFlN7vE

He doesn't seem messed up to me. And isn't that version or whatever, of Crackerman the one he's been singing?