October 01, 2024, 11:12:02 AM

Author Topic: 3-7-2013 - Wilbur Theatre - Boston, Ma  (Read 13651 times)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 3-7-2013 - Wilbur Theatre - Boston, Ma
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
The Wildabouts are hack musicians that are doing anything they can to earn a paycheck. 15 years ago, guys like this would still have been playing in a basement somewhere. Scott likes them so they're playing with him. They're not good enough to make it on their own so they need a guy like Scott Weiland to play with.

Scott Weiland has ruined his name. 15-17 years ago, if he wanted to tour with a new band, he could have gotten together another group of proven musicians but the more he has shit on everyone, he has to settle for guys that NEED a gig working for a guy with a name, even a bad name.

STP won't play with him any longer and neither will VR.

Reading these reviews is annoying but I have been telling you people that the only way to NOT be let down and to get him to stop doing what he's doing is to STOP GOING! STOP paying the money to buy the tickets to go see him. Otherwise, if you go and he pulls this shit, shame on YOU. He's doing it because he can. When people stop paying, venues won't allow him to play there.

Reading that person's review about he and his wife being disabled really hurt. This is what it's come to...
Take it.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
Shit.. And there I was wondering why nobody would take the two free tickets I was offering.
Some dickhead on Facebook was like "don't try to pass on your headache to others. Just burn the tickets and save yourself an others from this atrocity"
I was like "... Umm.. Just asking again before show time in case anybody wants to go."
The dude's reply was "YOU MIGHT AS WELL KEEP OFFERING BY THE TICKETS BY 10pm CUZ THE PIECE OF SHIT WON'T COME OUT!!! I SAW HIM ENTER THE BUILDING WITH HIS FAGGOT LOOKING SCARF, AND SOME ARE BEING TOLD HE HASNT ARRIVED!!
SECURITY RUSHED TO THE BATHROOM AREA BACKSTAGE BECAUSE HE LOCKED HIMSELF IN THERE!"

And I thought he was just being psycho. It's sad that Scott is continuing to burn bridges with his own fans. I'm kinda glad I missed the gig... Not thrilled about losing my money; but I do wonder if I'd be cool with experiencing what these people had to deal with.
If you only knew..

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »
Sounds like a frustrating night.  Obviously the Wildabouts are really no better at this than the rest of STP was.  I know only you can make your choices to get clean and sober, Scott, but it doesn't help to surround yourself with yes men and enablers.  Maybe get out of the public life.  Maybe live within your means a little more(I have a funny feeling there are a few freeloaders you could expel from the payroll).  But you are an addict man, and you need to get away from the booze.  An addict has no friends, just fellow users and people who abandon you after your sickness burns down the bridges for the last time.  Some of us have been there. Others choose to stand on the outside and judge.

x1
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
And this is why I don't feel the least bit regretful that I'm going to miss the DC show on Monday. Come on, Scott GOD DAMMIT GET IT TOGETHER!!! My patience seems to get thinner and thinner every time I hear more news about Scott :(
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »
I feel like Vaporized should make his own thread titled: "I Told You So".
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »
this is not giving me "warm and fuzzy feelings" about the upcoming Cleveland show.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
I feel like Vaporized should make his own thread titled: "I Told You So".

This is a fantastic idea!

But you all know I'm right already. Nobody has the cojones to step up and admit it.
Take it.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 06:16:54 PM »
At the same time, I've heard fairly positive things about other shows on the tour.  To be honest, I'm not sure what to expect in Cincinnati.  I think I'l go in with a very hesitant feeling.  I diefinitely won't be looking at the show through rose tinted glasses, but not going to be expecting it to suck either.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

dan_c

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
I hate to admit it guys but everything negative you've read about last nights performance is pretty much true.  I've seen STP 3 times since 2002.  They are my favorite band to see live, and I've seen Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and many others...    Last night however I felt like I was robbed, shitty feeling...  Aside from being late, acting strung out, and whatever else people have been saying, they also sounded flat out bad, basically butchering the songs.  Scott was forgetting lyrics and singing half assed, and the band sounded like they half assed learned how to play the songs and improvising the rest.  The lead guitar player kept adding shit that was just not working.  They did play a few songs STP didn't usually play but even those they played poorly!  For anyone who didn't get to go for whatever reason, It was a blessing in disguise trust me!  I've never seen a crowd so angry!!  people were flat out getting up and leaving, not just a few either.  Many were screaming in anger, it was bad...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »
Come on, Scott GOD DAMMIT GET IT TOGETHER!!! My patience seems to get thinner and thinner every time I hear more news about Scott :(

I know what you mean. I'll be the first to admit, I've given Weiland every possible chance that I could've, but this is beyond ridiculous. Especially after all of these interviews saying, "I know I need to start showing up on time." He's not going to change, though.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »
Kitchenware: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsekiDB-wbM
I'm only halfway through, but sounds great!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »
I bet people wouldn't be as pissed with the mildly entertaining band, if weiland wasn't showing up over an hour late. It just puts people in a bad mood and makes them pick apart the rest of the show. Just another day is Weilands Winter Wonderland. :) Whatever I'm pissed Scott appears to be using the media in stupid ways and appears to be slowly losing his mind, but I'd still wait 2 hours to see him sing like a drunk, but I'm bias so whatever. It helps when you don't expect him to show at all, then your happy he shows two hours late!

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
i really do hope he gets his act together. this is really sad to watch. how many times can he disappoint a loyal fan before they just throw in the towel?

crackerman 68

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 07:06:18 PM »
Heading to Irving Plaza tomorrow night, should be interesting.  I remember when he got busted the afternoon of the show for the 12BB tour, I was driving home from work and heard the news on the radio.  I have seen the good Scott and the bad Scott, it is always a crap shoot with him.  He probably wont go on until around 10 PM.  No need to head in early for the show, and the show is sold out.  Look out  :o   

Kingpetty

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 07:20:54 PM »
We've purchased tics to Chicago & Indy. This better not happen at any more of his venues. Tics are about $40 ea. w/fees. Maybe we should get refunds. This is exactly why he's been canned...Can't seem to grow up.
Don't chase buses or women, you always get left behind.