October 02, 2024, 06:20:54 PM

Author Topic: 2013-03/04-Niagara Falls,NY-Rapids Theater-Scott to play all of Core&Purple!  (Read 15559 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
During one of Scott's ramblings I heard someone yell out, "Hey peckerboy!!" And I look down and what do you know, Scott had a raging hard on and said, "Yeah whatever man" and sang the next song facing the drums.  :-X

Hahaha. If I'd been in the audience I would've taken it as a compliment.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I enjoyed it - it was fun and great to see a couple rarities. Scott looked and sounded pretty good - the most impressed I've been with him all around since Ottawa 2009 out of the gigs I've seen.

Taped audio last night, I'll be posting it on Dime so long as it came out decent enough. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Awesome, would love to have audio of the full show. Thanks for the reviews! Scott sounds good, wish I could hear him better on WTRG.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
I enjoyed it - it was fun and great to see a couple rarities. Scott looked and sounded pretty good - the most impressed I've been with him all around since Ottawa 2009 out of the gigs I've seen.

Taped audio last night, I'll be posting it on Dime so long as it came out decent enough. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Awesome, would love to have audio of the full show. Thanks for the reviews! Scott sounds good, wish I could hear him better on WTRG.
As far as the levels go, his vocals were all over the place. One song he'd be in the forefront of the mix and the next you'd have to struggle to hear him at all.

Anyhow I'm tracking my recording now, it'll be up later this week. It's an accurate record of what I was hearing where I was in the venue for sure.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Awww now poor Brett can't complain about Scott not playing "Where The River Goes" and dismiss him and the tour :'(    ;) 8) 

Anyone think that perhaps Scott will be playing the entire Core/Purple albums throughout the tour as opposed to each night?  That would still be pretty cool.  As long as he keeps mixing up the songs that is still cool.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Awww now poor Brett can't complain about Scott not playing "Where The River Goes" and dismiss him and the tour :'(    ;) 8) 

Anyone think that perhaps Scott will be playing the entire Core/Purple albums throughout the tour as opposed to each night?  That would still be pretty cool.  As long as he keeps mixing up the songs that is still cool.

I'm happy he's playing Where The River Goes and Naked Sunday.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
During one of Scott's ramblings I heard someone yell out, "Hey peckerboy!!" And I look down and what do you know, Scott had a raging hard on and said, "Yeah whatever man" and sang the next song facing the drums.  :-X

Hahaha. If I'd been in the audience I would've taken it as a compliment.

It may have even been in your direction ;)
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Apparently Scott is too, SCHWING! Wheres the setlist? Do we have video of Where the river goes? Does it sound like shit with his solo band or???? One of my all time favorite tunes, I'd be hard playing it too, HA!

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile

Apparently Scott is too, SCHWING! Wheres the setlist? Do we have video of Where the river goes? Does it sound like shit with his solo band or???? One of my all time favorite tunes, I'd be hard playing it too, HA!
Setlist was the same as Traverse City except Kitchenware was before WTRG.

MrF33n3y

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX