October 02, 2024, 10:32:43 PM

Author Topic: 2013-03/04-Niagara Falls,NY-Rapids Theater-Scott to play all of Core&Purple!  (Read 15576 times)

Adhesive Love

• W. Axl Rose
  • Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ilovethepunkrock
So, I asked Doug about it, and here is his answer:

"According to Scott (he told me two days ago) we are playing the best of Purple and the best of Core. I have been telling him for years that the fans want more STP hits. The deep cuts are great but most fans want hits. So now he is finally decided to do just that."

Well,they might wanna tell their management or whoever authorized these ads to pull them then.The venues were obviously told "All of Core and Purple not the "Best Of"
CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile

"According to Scott (he told me two days ago) we are playing the best of Purple and the best of Core. I have been telling him for years that the fans want more STP hits. The deep cuts are great but most fans want hits. So now he is finally decided to do just that."

lol - So Scott will just be performing the 'hits' from those albums, bascially what STP has been playing for years?  What 'fans' want to see Scott just perform the 'hits' from Core & Purple?

Yeah, he couldn't be more wrong now, could he? Well, at least I told him what I think about that, for whatever that's worth...feel free to back me up by commenting on his FB page ;)
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Just left a long comment.  Even if it doesn't make a difference, had to say something.  Very disappointing time to be an STP/Scott fan.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
I don't understand why they find it so hard to do a balanced set list, with both hits and deep cuts, it doesn't have to be one or the other!

All deep cuts is boring for the "non-fans", all hits is boring for the fans, but if you have enough of both most people will walk away happy. How hard is that to do? Most bands do this...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
The whole idea of fans wanting to hear the hits probably comes from the drunken yells at shows calling for Plush or something.
As far as deep album cuts go, I think WE want that...we, the die-hard fans.
But Manxita is right, a healthy balance is the best.
I just miss the type of set-list, like STP used to do in '96, where they would balance it out nicely, with an acoustic mini-set in the middle.
I know it's not 1996 nor is this STP, but just giving an example.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
Well, Core and Purple is better than just Core, I guess.  Guess people will get the stupid Core-20 thing they were very upset about.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Also, guys, hate to say it, but the 40 of us on BE are in the smallest minority in regards to setlist desires.  That's the truth.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Also, guys, hate to say it, but the 40 of us on BE are in the smallest minority in regards to setlist desires.  That's the truth.

I get this, that's why I understand our desire to see the setlist full of SLDD, Tiny Music, and new songs will never happen.  The point I'm trying to make is it should be a healthier mix.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
All you have have to do is look at the coments on your own website, this is probably the most warmly received Weiland story I've ever seen on it.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
All you have have to do is look at the coments on your own website, this is probably the most warmly received Weiland story I've ever seen on it.

I get that this will please people, I just want to see another chapter of Scott's career rather than trying to recreate a past one.  Just imo.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I understand and agree with that.  But if anybody could use a little good, mainstream buzz right now it's Scott Weiland.  The STP fanbase that was built up during the 90s obviously did not enjoy the "out-there"12bb or HiG, or the more easy listening 2010 STP album(to say nothing of the buzz he killed from his autobiography with the obscure covers shows).   We'll get another chapter in his career, soon enough.  He's 45, it's not like he's going to stop being an artist in 5 years.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
My biggest issue, surprisingly, is not with the whole nostalgic factor of it all. That's alright, whatever he wants to do. My biggest issue is that these songs are being played live without the fucking band who wrote them. Are these people's egos and differences so big that they couldn't have come together and play these two albums together? I don't know... it was understandable when Scott was playing a mix of STP/VR/Solo stuff, but a tour paying tribute to Core and Purple seems a little inappropriate.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Just left a long comment.  Even if it doesn't make a difference, had to say something.  Very disappointing time to be an STP/Scott fan.

Just wondering, whatever became of that grungereport/Doug Grean feud a while back?

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

So, we are screwed!
I answered him with my opinion, it would be nice if some of you did the same...

http://www.facebook.com/Dgrean

Oh finally we're going to get some hit intensive set lists.  STP have been leaning on their deep cuts for far too long now.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
My biggest issue, surprisingly, is not with the whole nostalgic factor of it all. That's alright, whatever he wants to do. My biggest issue is that these songs are being played live without the fucking band who wrote them. Are these people's egos and differences so big that they couldn't have come together and play these two albums together? I don't know... it was understandable when Scott was playing a mix of STP/VR/Solo stuff, but a tour paying tribute to Core and Purple seems a little inappropriate.

^^^^^ THIS, THIS, THIS! Seriously way too much ego in camp STP! We need to get them back on ecstasy and fast.