October 02, 2024, 06:17:36 PM

Author Topic: 2012-12-10 - Groove, Buenos Aires, Argentina  (Read 10045 times)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
Re: 2012-12-10 - Groove, Buenos Aires, Argentina
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »
:D Only A WEEK away!!! :D

-I needed to share my excitement-

LOL, you beat me to the punch, I was coming here to do the exact same thing!!!!

*Great minds think alike*

;D
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »
TOMORROW!! Is it actually tomorrow? OMG
Haven't seen any of the lastest setlists, I'm excited and intrigued. Anxiety.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 11:26:14 PM »
TOMORROW!! Is it actually tomorrow? OMG
Haven't seen any of the lastest setlists, I'm excited and intrigued. Anxiety.

It's amazing that this is happening! :D
I really hope that it won't rain so much tomorrow as it is announced it would, since it will make queuing a lot harder than it has to be...
We'll be back to tell you all about it...probably on Saturday xD

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 04:08:26 AM »
It's amazing that this is happening! :D
I really hope that it won't rain so much tomorrow as it is announced it would, since it will make queuing a lot harder than it has to be...
We'll be back to tell you all about it...probably on Saturday xD

I take the old umbrella, you take the bags. We are covered :P
Nothing gets in our way when it comes to Mr Weiland MUAHAHAHAHA

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 06:21:59 AM »
I'll do a full review during the weekend. Right now, I'll just tell you that the show was scheduled to start at 9:30 and it started at 11pm (this is the first time that Scott made us wait for such a long time here in Argentina). From what he said during the show, it was his anniversary (and Jamie was with him), so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. The show was amazing! More details later, right now I'm totally exhausted...

Setlist

Opening Jam
Crackerman
Paralysis
Killing me sweetly
Tumble in the rough
Mockingbird girl
Lounge Fly
First kiss on mars
Do it for the kids
California Jam / Mountain song
Sometimes chicken soup (yes, this is not a mistake!)
Can't stand me now
Barbarella
Vasoline
Unglued

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 04:04:25 PM »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:07:13 PM by Purple »
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
Right to the point. I met Scott again, and this time was the best one. He was in a great mood. I hugged him and KISSED him (on the cheeck, though I could've stolen a proper kiss haha). He was with Jamie, she's gorgeous and incredibly nice and sweet.

HE'S NOT WEARING SUNGLASSES!!!

Right now I'm not able to give details, I'm still in a shock. The show was AMAZING. You could tell the band was having a good time. Yes, Scott was late, 1.15 late, but as soon as he walked in nobody cared anymore.

More details coming soon  ;)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »
So...it's time for the extremely long review of everything we lived these past few days. It might take me a couple of posts...

We arrived at the venue at about 8 am, since we wanted to make sure we'd be in front row (you might think that is a bit extreme, but people here are used to queuing from VERY early). The weather was cloudy and it was announced that there might be some showers during the day. Well...they were wrong. It started raining at about 9 and IT NEVER STOPPED. There was a small roof in front of the venue so we didn't really get very wet, but the streets started to flood and for a while we thought we would end up knee high in water! Thankfully, that did not happen, the water never really reached us where we were.

Also, about the same time the rain started, we received some alarming news: there had been a fire in a ship at the port downtown and the ship was carrying some pesticide, so there was a cloud of toxic gas all over the city center. Thankfully we were not in the affected area, but it was a whole mess and people were even being evacuated!

At around 5 pm the band came in for soundcheck, and a friend of mine made this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAWx4fttueg&feature=youtu.be

After soundcheck they left and we managed to take photos with Doug and Tommy, they were both really nice :)

Then we waited until the doors opened, which was around 7:30 pm and we went inside, heading straight to the rail, where we remained. Where we had to wait some more. And then some more.

The show was announced for 9:30 pm. Which came and went, and nothing happened. 10 pm, still nothing. People started chanting for Scott to come out. Then we learned that he wasn't even in the building yet (the band arrived at about 8:30, we could see them since they had to get to the stage through a staircase that was in plain sight). People were starting to get restless, and we were wondering if the show was going to be canceled at that point. It was extremely hot and humid inside the venue. Scott finally arrived at about 10:45, and when people saw him they forgot all their anger and started clapping and cheering. Scott waved and smiled from the staircase and went backstage. The show finally started at around 11 pm, and by the time the band hit the stage, all the waiting was forgotten.

Scott was in a great mood, during the Opening Jam he apologized for keeping us waiting, and later he said that it was his anniversary that day and that he was celebrating with his fiancee, "if you know what I mean..."
By the end of the first song he was already drenched in sweat, I think there wasn't a single dry patch on his shirt! The show was great, and the energy was amazing from all sides, Scott, the band and the audience.

At one point somebody threw the Argentinean soccer t-shirt at Scott, he took it, thanked for it and said that he wasn't a big soccer fan but that he appreciated it and watched it when he was out of the USA. He then started talking about american football and his beloved Notre Dame :P . He put the t-shirt next to the drum set and kept singing. Then, before "Do it for the kids", he took it and put it on! It said "Weiland" in the back with the number 10 on it (in case some of you don't know, the number 10 in soccer is for the player who scores the goals, and here is the one that Maradona used to wear, and the one that Messi wears).

The biggest surprise of the night, at least for me, was that he played "Sometimes chicken soup", because he hadn't been playing that song on this tour! Here's my video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah5o-DO0Yhg&feature=share&list=UU4Vz1euIFxxhrxMAi88o_kA

Here you can see Scott starting to unbutton his shirt, and at that time we thought he was going to take it off, but no such luck, hehehe  :P . You can also hear this drunk guy yelling, asking Scott to play "5 to 1". This guy was yelling during the whole concert, always asking Scott to play whatever song he wanted, first it was "no memory/sin", then it was "Pruno" (Scott heard him and laughed), then "Sex Type Thing"...it was the most annoying thing ever, because he was yelling when we wanted to hear Scott talking and he was so loud! So finally our friend Jez gave him a piece of her mind, right at the beginning of the song, and if you understand some Spanish you can hear it...and she wasn't the only one who tried to get him to shut up, he was annoying the hell out of everyone around him!

The ending of the show was the best, people were really into "Vasoline" and "Unglued", moshing, jumping, singing...so much energy! I think the guys in the band were really surprised to see that! Scott wasn't, since this was his 5th time here in Buenos Aires so he knew what to expect from the crowd, but Jeremy's eyes were wide open in surprise!

Here are couple of videos that Tommy uploaded of the crowd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ_7ltzSP0o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ndaTRXoXw&list=UUIZalII-ztD8IrMDnTsfwow&index=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZQNVvhMr4&list=UUIZalII-ztD8IrMDnTsfwow&index=3

After the show ended, we noticed that the same band that brought the band in was still outside, and there was another black van which looked like might be for Scott, so we waited.

After a while, security guys came, made us all wait on one side of the van, and Scott came walking out of the venue with his fiancee, and he went towards the people and started to sign stuff...and he was wearing no shirt, only a jacket over his bare torso, which was pretty surprising!

And here is a video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkuO8vYtWSg&list=UU4Vz1euIFxxhrxMAi88o_kA&index=2

Unfortunately, as you can see, we did not get anything signed then and there...but life would give us a second chance (more about that in another post!)

It was a really memorable night! I for one never thought I'd get a chance to see Scott play a solo show, I thought I might have to try and go to the USA if I ever wanted to see that...I still can't believe he came to play solo down here!  ;D

Agos, feel free to add whatever you want to this review, I'm probably forgetting tons of stuff too!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:29:42 PM by Manxita »

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
Wow, great review!  I can't wait to hear more about the show and your experience!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Thanks so much for the reviews and pics!

Agos - you're a bitch for kissing my man and having your arm around him like that. I love you! :)

Also - in the pic Manx posted of you girls in the front row (love it!) I love the look on Agos' face - there is so much love in her eyes, and it's the same look I am sure I have when I see my guy on stage. Haha. Fine. OUR guy.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 01:46:05 AM »
Thanks so much for the reviews and pics!

Agos - you're a bitch for kissing my man and having your arm around him like that. I love you! :)
Sorry, bitch. Couldn't help it. He did not resist either. And he kissed back. I LOVE you too

Also - in the pic Manx posted of you girls in the front row (love it!) I love the look on Agos' face - there is so much love in her eyes, and it's the same look I am sure I have when I see my guy on stage. Haha. Fine. OUR guy.
And he wasn't even on stage yet!

Don't have much to add to Manxita's review. She did a great job.
Except that Doug, Jeremy and Danny came out before Scott after the show and we could take another couple of pics (I don't have them, Manxita?). Tommy left with Scott.

Like I said, I did not see any of the previous setlists before this show. So when First Kiss on Mars began I could not believe my ears and had to double check with my friend.
Another highlight was Sometimes Chicken Soup, you've heard me (read me) saying how much I love this song a few times, I enjoyed it A LOT.
And hearing Mountain Song by Scott was simply WOW. Stunning.
I must admit that when Lounge Fly started I was expecting a "weird and awkward version". They shut my mouth up right away.

I saw Scott Weiland solo LIVE. Something I thought was dreaming big. 

Erika, I don't know the two guys in the last group shot, wtf?! haha

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 02:26:19 AM »
Hahaha, I don't know them either! You'll have to ask Patricio, he took the photo, maybe they are his friends? xD

I have your photo with Jeremy, but it's kind of akward, I'll send it to you and you can decide whether you want to upload it or not. And here are the other photos (Nelson has my pic with Jeremy, I hope I'll get it someday, LOL!)

Here are some more videos...

Opening Jam (here's where Scott apologized for being late and tells about his anniversary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bSwzrJKdJc&feature=plcp

Barbarella (also filmed by me, for my blog)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ADZ8ZjH1lA&feature=youtu.be

Mockingbird Girl (here you can hear us all sing the famous "Ole ole")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLcvBF8n8yo

And here are some really nice photos of the concert:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.501767136529888.109875.392491947457408&type=1
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151352575003200.531621.686718199&type=1

Agos, do you want to tell the story of our meeting with Scott (and all we had to do to get there) or shall I?

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »
I have your photo with Jeremy, but it's kind of akward, I'll send it to you and you can decide whether you want to upload it or not.
hahaha let's keep that one to ourself. I was refering to these

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »
We all know meeting Scott Weiland, it's never an easy task, never. However, perseverance and tranquility seems to be the key.

We were lucky he decided to stay in the city the whole weekend (the show was on Thursday). We did not sleep or eat properly in three days. We were cold, hot, cold, hot again, sunburns, I have some kind of flu, anyway small sacrifices haha.

The "miracle" finally took place on Saturday's night at 9.20. We (4 fans: Manxita, two other friends and me) saw a couple walking down the hotel hall, "are they?" Of course, Weiland's walking is unique. They went out to wait for the cab which would take them to have dinner.

Knowing Scott, the plan consisted in only one of us approaching and telling him we were only 4 that we just wanted a pic. It was not like that at all. We saw them, we all stood up, we all went. I was the last, his presence still leaves me in a shock a few seconds. When I finally could react, a big dog almost bites me. Why? Don't know.  Thank God his owner was walking him with a leash; otherwise it could have been a disaster. There's always one last obstacle on the way to Mr Weiland haha. Consequentially, I missed my friend's opening lines...

He and Jamie looked incredibly beautiful together (hate to admit it, but they look adorable). We congratulated them for the engagement and kept telling them how cute they are over and over. They BOTH smiled the whole time. Seeing Scott smiling so much made everything worthwhile.

When we first approached, Jamie's first reaction was to move away to let us take pictures or do whatever we wanted to do with Scott. But instead of that, we told her to stay so we could take some pictures of them together, because damn they are pretty. They kissed in front of us awwwwwwwww (no, we were slow, no pic)

Scott was dressed as you can see in the picture plus white shoes. Amazing white shoes.  And no sunglasses. First photo I got without them.

We were only 4 fans so each of us had our turn. First was our friend, Jez, she asked him for a hug, they hugged and picture. Then Manxita (add here your experience, Eri). Later our other friend, and finally me  :)

First, the hug (since Jez asked it at the beginning, he kept doing it with everyone automatically) and that man's smell -OMG. Don't remember if I took the picture before or after kissing him, I'm almost sure it was after. I asked him a kiss, and he leaned over (because I'm short  :P ) and put his lips together and I was like WHAAAT?!. I was expecting him to offer me his cheek to kiss him, that's all. But he  made the "kiss face" too  :-*. And I could've made our lips match 'cause we did not coordinate sides right away but... don't know what was wrong with me (sorry Bad Girls  :-[ ). Picture, I was still holding him tight as you can see in the photo, and even tighter when the photoshoot was over.
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/Agos_27/479781_4737305946199_483831022_n.jpg

Since Jez was the first to have her picture, she went and struck up a conversation with Jamie, don't know what they talked about.

Later we asked him if he could sign some stuff. Guys, this man was in an incredible great mood, our idea was to get either photo or sign. He agreed to sign too. So here comes another awkward moment. I gave him the book, HIG and a silver pen. The pen is closed. I opened it. He tries to sign the pen is not working! I tried to make it work unsuccessfully. He tries again. So a black pen appears, my HIG has a weird sign haha. Told him I was the one who singed D&B intro last year and thanked him and he said "Oh, it was you!"- he's a deep man  ;D

He kept signing but he was now a bit worried about losing his reservation or cab. Don't know when the cab arrived. So he told us that he could keep doing it when he came back if we were still around. Luckily, it was not necessary. As soon as we got all we wanted we left them alone waiting for the cab. While we were walking away, I looked back and saw Jamie smiling at us.

Far from their sight we started to let our emotions out. We screamed, we laughed, we hugged, we cried, we jumped. Happiness. Innocent happiness. Honestly, we did not understand what had just happened.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:40:07 PM by Shangri »

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »
What a great story guys! Really hope I can meet the guy one day...
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007