October 02, 2024, 04:29:06 PM

Author Topic: 2012-11-29 - Rams Head Live! - Baltimore, MD  (Read 7076 times)

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2012-11-29 - Rams Head Live! - Baltimore, MD
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »
Mountain Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15BEU-WC4Nk
Vasoline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2aA_625-Rc
Unglued: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdLrqN9si9U

They are all amazing to watch, but Unglued kicks the most ass.. If you ask me  :P
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 03:48:13 AM »
Some really cool front row videos:

Opening Jam/Crackerman/Paralysis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRSIgf1y0o

Vasoline/Unglued

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPxtTbKDIs

"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »
More front row videos, these are pretty awesome!

California jam/Mountain song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sImiEcwTMc

Killing me sweetly/Black Again/Tumble in the rough/Mockingbird girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6rIsDj44E&list=UL

First kiss on mars/Do it for the kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0yvZvi-uTw&list=UL

Can't stand me now/Barbarella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNPX78yxfFM&list=UL

"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
14:04 some dumbass says 'I just want to take a shot with you' on the second video.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:26:54 PM by Fear 2 Stop »

cagedtiger1640

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »
awesome to watch these performances.  Scott has the fire back!

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
Still "drunk uncle" stuff imo. Scott sounds better (from a low base) but the band is simply not good enough. Not sure what show it was but I watched a video of "Art School Girl" and the bassist just destroyed it - no subtlety.

Imo, Scott needs more talented people around him to push him - just look at the difference in talent level from 12BB to HIG.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 02:21:52 AM »
I don't like how Scott goes into his Bowie ripoff/lounge singer voice on Barbarella in the video.  Scott has had Bowie influence since the mid 90's which I love, it works on songs like First Kiss On Mars, but to go into the faux Bowie voice on Barbarella where it isn't needed/he didn't use it on the studio version I don't like.  It takes away the raw emotion from the song.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 02:22:30 AM »
Still "drunk uncle" stuff imo. Scott sounds better (from a low base) but the band is simply not good enough. Not sure what show it was but I watched a video of "Art School Girl" and the bassist just destroyed it - no subtlety.

Imo, Scott needs more talented people around him to push him - just look at the difference in talent level from 12BB to HIG.

It's a shame he never made another album with the guys he worked with on 12 Bar Blues.  Boy what a classic album.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 03:32:42 AM »

I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer HIG to 12 BB. There's some gems on 12, but overall as an album I would rather listen to HIG
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Carl_Spackler

• Ground Personnel
  • Seeing an STP show is like x-mass for me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »
Scott was a house of fire and energy at Ram’s Head Live in Baltimore.  His energy was awesome – he danced awesome the whole night.  He looked very free and happy.  Like a wild bird set free…   I loved see him performing in a suit and tie.   I enjoyed his banter with the audience about missing shoveling snow, about this tour being an art project, about getting a little testy when someone  shouted for Creep, explaining singing the same songs over and over again it not his preference, good/bad Los Angeles, etc…   Scott was a happy, smart ass self in Baltimore which is how I like to think of him.  Scott has a lot of mileage on him and it is funny when those types start to talk.
I would have liked to hear some cuts from No. 4 or Shangri-LA DEE DA live on this tour – cannot enough of these album.  I would have liked to have heard any of these tunes live:  Heaven & Hot Rods, Pruno, No Way Out, Glide, All in the Suit That You Wear or Army Ants.
I am just happy Scott is out playing and doing his own thing if that is what it makes him happy.  I am starting to understand why STP plays the same set list.  My theory is this is the best way to keep Scott on track.   Let’s face it Scott is a very interesting person who lives an interesting life.  The standard STP set lists keep the integrity of the band on tour.   Scott showed up at Merriweather Post about 30 minutes before they went on (last night of the tour) – this meant no sound check.   Hence, the same set list night after night.  I am pretty sure DD, RD and EK would not be up for the loose, spontaneous, art school feel of Scott latest endeavor on tour.  I respect the boys for that.
Like all of us, I do wish STP would keep making music together as collective they are lightning in a bottle.  I have enjoyed each STP album on its own merit.   This comes from a guy who actually saw Talk Show open for the Foo Fighters the late 90’s at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.   
As for Scott’s band, playing with the singer of STP and VR is not an easy task.  In ice hockey, this is like skating on a line with 2 other Hall of Famers all of a sudden.  I am sure this current lineup was not in rehearsal with Scott for the last six months prior to coming out on the road.  Was the show rough around the edges?  Sure, of course.  That’s one of the things I liked about it.  I give the guys in this new touring band credit for going on the road with Scott.   The drummer and the lead guitarist were good.   The rhythm guitarist and bass player were not as seasoned.   I will cut the touring band lots of slack – plus it is early in the tour.   Good job guys. 
Crackerman – fast punk version.
Black Again – enjoyed this live.
Tumble in the Rough – awesome to hear this deep track.  My favorite song of the night. This song grooves hard.
First Kiss on Mars – love this song from the self-titled album.  Scott channels Bowie – something to see live. 
Do It for the Kids – good but I would have enjoyed She Drives Fast Cars.
California – awesome builder for the next tune.
Mountain Song – Scott and the band crushed this one.  It was as good as JA doing it live and in person.  JA is so unrated as a band.
Can’t Stand Me Now – odd choice, not sure if this was not a joke of some sort.  Well done, but really strange choice.
Vasoline/Unglued – lots of energy and truth in these tunes.  I am really not sure Scott even wanted to do this tunes.  This was probably his consolation to the audience for this tour.
I hope for a STP CORE tour before I die because the last full albums I heard in concert front to back were Judas Priest – British Steel and The Pixies – Doolittle and it was an out of body experience.   Core front to back live would be epic for us fans.   Sadly, I am not sure the collective STP is about the fans and the music anymore.  I am not sure a STP Core is on the horizon for Scott, but I hold out hope that this comes to pass when the time is right for Scott. 
Big shout out to one this forum member’s – he  was a 5’6”, tee shirt with a wool hat,  well build guy who knew the lyrics and hooks on every dam song on the set list and after each song would let out an awesome loud and long WWE primal roar.  Rock on brother!!! 
I would definitely see Scott live again in the near future – solo, VR or STP. 
Signed Carl Spackler
I wanna be as big as a mountain.  I wanna fly as high as the sun. I wanna know what the rent's like in heaven. I wanna know where the river goes.
Carl Spackler

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."