September 17, 2024, 08:12:45 PM

Author Topic: End of tour...  (Read 14390 times)

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: End of tour...
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:46:28 PM »
They'll still draw 1500-3000 people at concerts from here on out. But if they ever want to revive themselves to at least the early 2000's, we need a Core 2.0 cd. Scott needs to find his deep growl that made the first 2 cds very famous.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »
A lot of people saying that this was "supposed to be" a Core anniversary tour, and unless I missed something, the band never said that is what they were doing or gave some sort of announcement.  That was a commitment fans on this website put upon them because we want it to be true so bad.

That said, they aren't done.  They have turned into a total paycheck band, which is fine, whatever, but they're going to keep putting on these 70 minute, greatest hit gigs as long as promoters keep dangling checks in front of their faces.

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »
If they are done, then I'm seriously confused as to why they just played a kickass show on Sunday.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
If they are done, then I'm seriously confused as to why they just played a kickass show on Sunday.

Not sure what is confusing you, they're takling about going forward.  That was the last show of the tour.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:20 PM »
Caught in a viscious circle it seems :( Money will light up in their eyes and surely the rest of the band would want to delve into the wider range of music or is it just the band Vs scott?
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 01:35:52 AM »
A lot of people saying that this was "supposed to be" a Core anniversary tour, and unless I missed something, the band never said that is what they were doing or gave some sort of announcement.  That was a commitment fans on this website put upon them because we want it to be true so bad.

Weiland was quoted in ROLLING STONE that this was the CORE 20 tour:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-talks-avengers-tune-stp-anniversary-tour-20120501

Dean was also quoted as "we’d really love to go out there and perform ['Core'] in its entirety."

http://loudwire.com/stone-temple-pilots-not-working-on-new-album-talk-core-20th-anniversary-tour/
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

stp4ever

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 02:11:51 AM »

bring on new Army of Anyone!

I would welcome that for sure.  I just want the Deleos to do something fresh that they are excited about and not worry so much about how their record is doing commercially.  That is why they gave up on Army of Anyone to begin with, because it didn't take off like they expected.  I wish they would just record and play with passion and not worry so much about mainstream success.  That time has past them by.  They will never reach their previous success and I think they need to finally realize that and just move forward and make records they are passionate about and go out and play the songs live. 

I too am hoping for an AoA reunion. Like others have said, I want the boys to do something that they're really passionate about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0e6NV9X2vU

They were so excited and enthusiastic in that interview. Sounds like they loved working with Richard and enjoyed playing Filter songs to mix things up a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az11yLK4dqs&feature=relmfu

They also did a fantastic job on songs like that live. They did cool stuff like play Used to Know Her live, too. In my opinion, AoA was really cool hard rock album that had great texture and depth to the sound. Patrick still has the voice, he just needs better backing guitar/bass/drums, and the Deleos would provide that. I'd love to hear from them again.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 02:48:15 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-talks-avengers-tune-stp-anniversary-tour-20120501

Dean was also quoted as "we’d really love to go out there and perform ['Core'] in its entirety."

http://loudwire.com/stone-temple-pilots-not-working-on-new-album-talk-core-20th-anniversary-tour/

Dean's quote means nothing.  "We'd like to do it" isn't a commitment at all.  Weiland's I had never seen, and on the other hand, definitely is.  That's different.  Though I haven't put any stock into the man's word for over a decade now.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 04:49:33 AM »

Dean's quote means nothing.  "We'd like to do it" isn't a commitment at all.  Weiland's I had never seen, and on the other hand, definitely is.  That's different.  Though I haven't put any stock into the man's word for over a decade now.

they were selling core 20th anniversary shirts at the gigs

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 05:26:21 AM »

they were selling core 20th anniversary shirts at the gigs

Yes that's why I agreed that Weiland's comment was different and called it a definite commitment. 

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
PM'd with Vaporized a bit and decided to post the breakup/indefinite hiatus rumor on my site GrungeReport.net.  Hopefully it's all bullshit, but if it is maybe me posting it will motivate STP or their management to actually announce their plans, if they have any.  Even if I'm not making a difference at all, I'm trying to do anything I can to save this band!

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
Meh, they're not done.  In the recent interview he did, Dean seemed legitimetly happy to be able to still play music with the other guys and mentioned about going out on tour next Summer.  We may get longer breaks in between their periods of activity, but no way do I think they are done.

Well, he wouldn't say "I really am tired and don't like touring with these guys anymore" now would he?

And how many times has anyone in STP said things and have them never ever come true.

It's all words.
Take it.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 09:43:33 PM »
Quite honestly, you guys, all it takes is STP writing one SUPER catchy song to be back on top... but they won't do it. It's a double edge sword, right? You can't have your cake and eat it too. With S/T all they had to do was bend their own rules just a little bit, but they stuck to their guns and made a kickass, intregrity driven album. God bless 'em, but it killed their chances at a comeback.

They forgot what people love about them... and even though Scott takes a large portion of the blame, I would just as soon blame the Deleos. They're in charge of the overall sound, and I honestly think they've lost their touch a little... GO AHEAD AND SMITE AWAY! Kretz is cool, I can't hate Kretz.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:42 PM »

Not sure what is confusing you, they're takling about going forward.  That was the last show of the tour.
What I really meant was, the show I saw on Sunday was pretty incredible. I'd be very surprised if anything anyone has said in this thread actually happens. It seems every few months some rumor gets spread around and nothing materializes. I take what I read here with a grain of salt (not meant in a disrespectful way, either) and I'll believe it when I see it. They looked happy just 4 days ago, I saw it with my own two eyes.

As far as broken promises... sure! We didn't get a Core anniversary tour. Oh well. They played Black Again and continued to mix in songs that aren't just "the hits" like Hollywood Bitch, Still Remains, Tumble, Meatplow for gods sake. I had no interest in seeing them play Core, and I only bought a ticket to see them when it was clear they weren't going to. I really saw nothing wrong with the setlist they played for the past month. They even played with Rick Nielsen. Cool! I know they SAID they would play Core all the way through, but in any other circumstance would this be a bad setlist to you?

Promotion, yes they need to do something there. Yesterday. Right now. Record a song for a soundtrack or something. Have youtube stream a live concert. Actually use your facebook and twitter pages. Something!
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 09:03:49 AM »
Hey,

I got to hang out with the boys in the ARMY OF ANYONE days and belive it or not they we're losing money by doing that band, yes I'd love some new AOA but doubt it will ever happen unless Scott leaves STP, even then they would be better off just getting a hologram of him and doing greatest hits at clubs. Don't get your hopes up for sure, but then again we're use to that with this band soooo...... How are they one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time yet are just so.......illusive? Its like arrowsmith, doors, beatles, zepplin, hendrix, stones, STP, yet it most ways stp fits but their credability is what lacks I guess, a good portion of people just don't get it.....WTF?

Anywho lets try to stay positive about the future, their all alive and they are just one stay in rehab and a verse and a chorus away from greatness, HA!

-ChaseR