September 30, 2024, 10:35:51 PM

Author Topic: So I got Alive In The Windy City  (Read 9221 times)

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: So I got Alive In The Windy City
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 07:42:23 AM »
It is nuts how good Scott looks in this concert footage compared to the last few months of his life.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »
It is nuts how good Scott looks in this concert footage compared to the last few months of his life.

Yeah, but if you were paying attention at the time, Scott was sober and performing well from sometime in 2009, until he fell of the stage and broke his heel or whatever happened in 2010ish. Been a while so my dates are kinda iffy. I believe the song was Crackerman and people started acting like Scott lip synced when he sang live because he barely skipped a beat after falling off the damn stage.... I feel like it was even acknowledged how that incident caused him to be "under the influence" around that time while performing....

THAT was really the turning point where Scott wasn't "the same performer" even though there were still good shows after that. I saw STP in March 2010, Kansas City, and Scott was wearing the same Oui Paris shirt he had on during the Chicago show. Whatever he was prescribed for his injured foot sometime between those 2 shows started a downhill slide he never recovered from....

2013 was really the year I noticed Scott looked "different", but in a worse way, but those last few months even though the shows were good, he really did look empty and dead inside....

Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 05:11:14 PM »

Scott was clearly drunk out of his mind for this show. He's red-faced, his eyes are glazed over, and he is very noticiably slurring during between song banter.

So while he isn't whithered away and a shells of a man like tye last year or two, he was far from healthy at this show.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »

Scott was clearly drunk out of his mind for this show. He's red-faced, his eyes are glazed over, and he is very noticiably slurring during between song banter.

So while he isn't whithered away and a shells of a man like tye last year or two, he was far from healthy at this show.
im thinking more in terms of more meat on his bones
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 07:08:07 PM »
Yeah Man, the vocals for this performance really are sub par with what Scott could be capable of. Goes to show you, even having pre-planned a recorded concert for a DVD release, Scott still wouldn't straighten up for 1 night to give a sober performance.   
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 07:14:55 PM »
Yeah Man, the vocals for this performance really are sub par with what Scott could be capable of. Goes to show you, even having pre-planned a recorded concert for a DVD release, Scott still wouldn't straighten up for 1 night to give a sober performance.   

What's crazy is he looked and sounded so much better in the New York show that was webcast a couple months later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SyqpOIoOw0

Scott is much more lucid and speaking clearly, and while there sounds like there is some filter on the vocals, it's clearly an edited version of the live track and NOT overdubbed to hell like Chicago. It's unfortunate Jimmy Kimmel's show's logo is everywhere for this performance, because this would have been a much better Blu-Ray release.
Grab the hate and drown it out...