September 19, 2024, 07:34:48 PM

Author Topic: 2012-08-24 - Atlantic City, NJ - Revel Ovation Hall  (Read 22215 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2012-08-24 - Atlantic City, NJ - Revel Ovation Hall
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »
Man, i love Black Again more now coz of this live version, thanks DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke.

N must add, Scott sounds his AWESOME self !!!

Everytime STP does a song live it makes me like it more,  ie: Lounge Fly, thought it was an ok song but once I heard it live it brought that song to another level for me
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
I really hadn't a chance to post anything yet... but after reading everyone's reviews of this show, I have to agree with the majority.

The show rocked! STP were on fire and I really didn't notice anything major as far as gaffes or mishaps. I too was a bit disappointed with the crowd turnout and even with their lack of participation. This was my 20th STP concert - and a great one at that! The venue is beyond awesome, but I do like the Borgata a lot too!

It was great to see/hear Black Again for my first time. It sounded really good. The set was perfectly fine, except my only gripe would be that they didn't do my personal favorite, Dead & Bloated. That's the first time out of 20 that I didn't get to see it. I must admit, I even had a sign and I know Scott saw it, but it didn't matter. I was fortunate enough to do it last year, I'll be fine. But, when I did hold the sign up, Robert acknowledged me by pointing to me and smiling. I don't know if he'd really remember me singing the intro last year, but ya never know.

As for the opening band, Crash Kings... good musicians, but each band member totally does not fit in with the other. I thought there was some sort of identity struggle because they all looked/dressed so different from each other. Doesn't really matter though, cause they play well.

Love AC and hope to see STP there again in the future. I must apologize to anyone who was there if in case I happened to bump in to you. I had some drinks (obviously) and I can't help but move around when I hear music. Seems strange, right? Seriously, I'm not accusing anyone on here, but I couldn't fathom why so many people just stood still most of the time. I'm not saying you have to jump and wave your arms, but I saw people who didn't even sway! I mean, c'mon... just sway a little bit to the music! hahaha... anyway...

Also, my apologies to Laura and Rob for not sending you pics/updates when I said I would. I only managed to snap 5 random shots, 3 of which are useable, and 40 seconds of video of Sex Type Thing. My camera/phone was not on my mind at the time. But hey, there's always Saturday when I go to Hershey! I'll make it up then.

Oh, and Lori, awesome story, awesome night! I vaguely remember the shout out before Still Remains. Glad you were able experience all that.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2012, 04:24:26 AM »
Very cool story, Lori!

And thanks to those who posted vids. Scott sounded good and the show looked to have had an incredible energy. It just goes to show that the curse for someone as talented as Scott Weiland is that it becomes so painfully obvious when they're not performing to the best of their ability. Everyone knows what you are capable of, so they expect it. Well, looks like he brought "it" in AC.
Karma schmarma.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2012, 04:30:38 AM »
It being Paz?
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2012, 04:34:37 AM »
No, I don't think that particular "it" is in the picture anymore...hopefully.
Karma schmarma.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:18 PM »
adhesive love

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »
I really hadn't a chance to post anything yet... but after reading everyone's reviews of this show, I have to agree with the majority.

The show rocked! STP were on fire and I really didn't notice anything major as far as gaffes or mishaps. I too was a bit disappointed with the crowd turnout and even with their lack of participation. This was my 20th STP concert - and a great one at that! The venue is beyond awesome, but I do like the Borgata a lot too!

It was great to see/hear Black Again for my first time. It sounded really good. The set was perfectly fine, except my only gripe would be that they didn't do my personal favorite, Dead & Bloated. That's the first time out of 20 that I didn't get to see it. I must admit, I even had a sign and I know Scott saw it, but it didn't matter. I was fortunate enough to do it last year, I'll be fine. But, when I did hold the sign up, Robert acknowledged me by pointing to me and smiling. I don't know if he'd really remember me singing the intro last year, but ya never know.

As for the opening band, Crash Kings... good musicians, but each band member totally does not fit in with the other. I thought there was some sort of identity struggle because they all looked/dressed so different from each other. Doesn't really matter though, cause they play well.

Love AC and hope to see STP there again in the future. I must apologize to anyone who was there if in case I happened to bump in to you. I had some drinks (obviously) and I can't help but move around when I hear music. Seems strange, right? Seriously, I'm not accusing anyone on here, but I couldn't fathom why so many people just stood still most of the time. I'm not saying you have to jump and wave your arms, but I saw people who didn't even sway! I mean, c'mon... just sway a little bit to the music! hahaha... anyway...

Also, my apologies to Laura and Rob for not sending you pics/updates when I said I would. I only managed to snap 5 random shots, 3 of which are useable, and 40 seconds of video of Sex Type Thing. My camera/phone was not on my mind at the time. But hey, there's always Saturday when I go to Hershey! I'll make it up then.

Oh, and Lori, awesome story, awesome night! I vaguely remember the shout out before Still Remains. Glad you were able experience all that.

So that was you with the sign! I knew it had to be a BE member. I thought for sure that they'd call you up but, then they had to play STT.
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

LoriKlein

• Flight Attendant
  • Only the dead have seen the end of war.
    • View Profile
    • My FaceBook Nonsense
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2012, 12:13:53 AM »
Hey, Jon saw you w/ your sign! haha I also thought, "Hmmm must be a fellow BE folk!"  :)

...Still nobody w/ video of Still Remains?
Pick a flower, hold your breath & drift away...

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »
MEATPLOW - https://vimeo.com/49509420

...sorry Lori, don't have Still Remains :(
adhesive love

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2012, 11:32:21 PM »
Song of still remains but not the start of it
http://youtu.be/2MisL2iOGJM

Sorry that's searching on youtube :( Grrrrrr
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun