October 02, 2024, 06:23:55 PM

Author Topic: Question about Contraband  (Read 4640 times)

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
Question about Contraband
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
I know this is about 8 years overdue, but were there any songs on Contraband written about STP? I've always been curious about that.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Contraband
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »
                Hmmmm I wouldn't believe so. But I always thought there was that STP/Scott obvious crossover when you first listen to the first track and you hear Scott's classic bullhorn siren. The very first time purchasing Contraband 04' and hearing that bullhorn I instantly thought..Hmm the Sex Type Thing concert ending but now it's the beginning of the VR era hence the crossover! ha  ;)

8)

Curtis1158

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 04:18:42 PM »
I know your question was about Contraband. But on that topic-Listen to Gas & a Dollar Laugh (Japanese B side from Libertad). That sounds like STP recorded it. Very little VR in that song. I wish Scott had held onto it for STP. Great song to run to.

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
I am pretty sure in the book or an interview I watched that Fall to Pieces was about him, his marriage to his wife and STP.   He has said that he wrote that song when everything was down. (drugs, marriage, band break  up).

On the Gas and a Dollar Laugh comparison. I dont hear STP.  I just hear a lot of Scott in it.  I am sure that is why it got left off Libertad.

Anyone know how to get an mp3 of Gas and Money?  Only 2 missing from my collection.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »
I am pretty sure in the book or an interview I watched that Fall to Pieces was about him, his marriage to his wife and STP.   He has said that he wrote that song when everything was down. (drugs, marriage, band break  up).

On the Gas and a Dollar Laugh comparison. I dont hear STP.  I just hear a lot of Scott in it.  I am sure that is why it got left off Libertad.

Anyone know how to get an mp3 of Gas and Money?  Only 2 missing from my collection.

Copy this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l93JNHp-JNM) and paste it in the website, listentoyoutube.com.  It will convert it to a mp3 format and allow you to download it for free.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »
Thank you mr kerosene...........

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
NO

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »
I think there was a song from Scott solo that lyrically hinted at STP. Can't remember off the top of my head... But I am pretty sure nothing in VR does.
adhesive love

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 08:05:02 PM »
I think there was a song from Scott solo that lyrically hinted at STP. Can't remember off the top of my head... But I am pretty sure nothing in VR does.

Wasn't that Headspace? I'm not really sure though...and if it is, it's not very obvious, so maybe it's just someone's assumption...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »

Wasn't that Headspace? I'm not really sure though...and if it is, it's not very obvious, so maybe it's just someone's assumption...
I took Headspace as Scott calling out the media, but I guess you could say media, former band, ex-wife, etc.
adhesive love