September 29, 2024, 12:27:36 AM

Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)  (Read 39271 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2012, 02:43:27 AM »
Honestly sometimes I think that we care about STP more than the band does

sad to say i agree with this statement, i wish i didn't, but sometimes i really feel like we do care more than they do

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2012, 04:39:44 AM »

sad to say i agree with this statement, i wish i didn't, but sometimes i really feel like we do care more than they do

Yep, which is why I'm trying to report anything negative that Slash says about Scott on my site (since I know others will spread it too) to help make sure this reunion doesn't happen.  If VR aren't together Scott will be forced to make new music with STP if he wants to put out stuff people will actually care about, because outside of us nobody cares about his solo material.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2012, 05:06:04 AM »
Yeah you're website is really cool Brett, keep up the good work! And I think Scott has screwed this up enough to end any chance of a reunion, at least for now. At least the first Weiland screw up of 2012 has been a positive one for STP.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Janny la de da

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2012, 05:09:51 AM »

Yep, which is why I'm trying to report anything negative that Slash says about Scott on my site (since I know others will spread it too) to help make sure this reunion doesn't happen.  If VR aren't together Scott will be forced to make new music with STP if he wants to put out stuff people will actually care about, because outside of us nobody cares about his solo material.

Uh, what about what Scott wants?  I'd love to see a VR reunion, totally!!  That being said, I'd love to see something new from STP too. I love both bands for different reasons and I'm not arrogant enough to think that by reposting negative shit, it will force Scott to do what the masses want... he is his own person after all, who should be free to do whatever the hell he wants, no?

Hell, I'd also welcome new solo material because at the end of the day, he's going to do what he wants and what makes him happy, and that's when the best material comes out, regardless of who he's with, IMO.
I am, I am, I said, I'm not myself...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2012, 05:37:55 AM »

Uh, what about what Scott wants?  I'd love to see a VR reunion, totally!!  That being said, I'd love to see something new from STP too. I love both bands for different reasons and I'm not arrogant enough to think that by reposting negative shit, it will force Scott to do what the masses want... he is his own person after all, who should be free to do whatever the hell he wants, no?

Hell, I'd also welcome new solo material because at the end of the day, he's going to do what he wants and what makes him happy, and that's when the best material comes out, regardless of who he's with, IMO.

YES. And it's not like reposting a bunch of stuff found on other sites is going to stop Scott from doing what it is he wants to do.

You make too much sense, Janny la de da.
Bleeda blooda

Janny la de da

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2012, 05:59:20 AM »
  YES. And it's not like reposting a bunch of stuff found on other sites is going to stop Scott from doing what it is he wants to do.

thank you, exactly!!

I'm sorry, but I'd sooner have a happy artist, doing what he wants, and putting his passion into it than an artist who  is just going thru the motions, making the masses happy just for the money. Obviously Scotty boy has a following, and it's not a small one, pretty much everything the man has touched has turned to gold, despite his personal demons, which is why I LOVE STP/VR/SWB, each is unique in their own way and I'd be happy to see new material from any one of them. The man is just IT.

Reposting negative shit is just adding to the drama.  Let the man follow his own creative juices and see where it goes, I have faith in him, too bad others don't.  I'd love to see him do his own thing than to turn into a corporate whore for the money.
I am, I am, I said, I'm not myself...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »

Scott wants money, it's not like he wants to go back to VR for the love of the music.  He admitted VR was done with financial/commercial motivations in mind in his book.  If Scott could truly get what he wanted it'd probably be to barely ever tour and put out a lot of solo albums with some STP albums too.

STP is my favorite band and I'd like to see them continue to make albums and tour.  Velvet Revolver reuniting late this year/early next year would mean we wouldn't get a new STP album until 2014 or 2015, or ever.  Therefore I'd like for Velvet Revolver to stay split so we can get some new stuff from STP.  I really enjoyed the self-titled album and think STP have a lot of creativity left in them.  Maver is probably my favorite STP song of all time.  Even if you didn't like self-titled, there are so many directions STP could go in musically.  A return to the early hard sound, or a really lush experimental type of sound.  With VR you know you'll just get the Slash 'rawk' riffs with Scott trying fit in with that LA rock thing.  Don't get me wrong there's some great stuff on those two VR albums, but I really think they took that thing as far as it could go musically.  Scott tried pushing them to experiment a bit on Libertad and other members like Slash and Matt kind of got pissed, wanting to stick with one sound.  Scott can only truly be himself musically to me with STP and his solo stuff.

I think lots of stories about Slash trashing Scott/being negative towards a VR reunion will likely make Scott know now is not the time to pursue that idea.  It might not totally effect things but I'll do my part to try and make sure the reunion doesn't happen, even if it makes little to no difference.  I just want new STP music!  It kind of makes me sad that even on STP's biggest fansite there seems to be not too many people who care about the band being together and making music.  I don't see people clamoring for Audioslave to reunite on Soundgarden's board.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:13:29 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »

Scott wants money, it's not like he wants to go back to VR for the love of the music.

He needs money. Don't you think STP would be better if it was something he was doing because he actually wants to, not because he has no choice? If a VR reunion will put some money in his pocket, help him pay his ex wives and generally keep his head above water, why would anyone want to try and make that not happen for him?

It's easy to sit here and whine about not having any new STP music, but most of us probably aren't manic depressive, struggling ex drug addicts trying to scrape together thousands of dollars a month just to put in other people's pockets before you even see a penny yourself. I'd rather he just does whatever he needs to so he doesn't end up shooting up in a gutter somewhere, and maybe down the road we'll get an STP album from a band that actually wants to make one.

It kind of makes me sad that even on STP's biggest fansite there seems to be not too many people who care about the band being together and making music.  I don't see people clamoring for Audioslave to reunite on Soundgarden's board.

I care about the band being together, as do many other posters here, despite what you say. I care so much about this bands music that i'm happy to wait for them to get their heads to a place where they can bring forth the magic that is STP, rather than forcing out an album for the money.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:47:17 AM by Pingfah »

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »
Poor Scott Weiland.  The guy is one step away from a soup kitchen at this point. :( :( :(

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2012, 06:17:51 PM »
Is Scott really hard up for money, I dont think hes near broke like Slash was prior to the VR merger.

I love STP and Im craving a new dsic but I really dont want them to force out an album just so they can tour behind it or just to throw some cash in there wallet, some say they did that with the last album (which is a great record IMO).

And Slash being everywhere is just him promoting his new album, side note, I heard the new Slash tune .. is meh a word you can use to describe music?

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
I don't mean to imply he is desititute, just that he has to continue earning money at a very high rate to stay afloat, the amounts he was talking about on Stern were pretty high.  VR is an excellent way to make a lot of money very quickly.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
They should change the name of this thread to 100% chance of BS

I don't know how the law works, honestly, or how alimony works, but it seems kind of messed up that someone would have to desperately try to look for pop culture cash cows just to be able to survive. You're telling me if Scott decided to retire tomorrow, he would just go ass backwards into debt?

Anyway, going back to VR is not the solution. Sitting down with STP and writing another great album is. Really, it doesn't take much to make the next album a commercial success. Like I've stated before, they just need to dress it up like they used to. They need to get Branden at the helm, and (for God sake's this doesn't mean selling out) write some tunes that are a little bit more reminiscent of classic Stone Temple Pilots.

Although S/T was great, in a lot of ways it wasn't a representation of the band putting their best foot forward, and it was more to do with how they presented themselves. There were some major branding, merchandising, and visual style opportunities that they just completely skipped out on.

What do I mean by good branding? No. 4. How many of us have or had that No. 4 t shirt at one point in our lives?
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2012, 09:41:12 PM »
They should change the name of this thread to 100% chance of BS

I don't know how the law works, honestly, or how alimony works, but it seems kind of messed up that someone would have to desperately try to look for pop culture cash cows just to be able to survive. You're telling me if Scott decided to retire tomorrow, he would just go ass backwards into debt?

A.  Men.  The guy could live comfortably off royalty checks from core/purple/contraband for the rest of his life.  Alimony is something that is awarded less and less every year, and it isn't just some flat rate either.  It's relative to your income in the state of California, so even if he's still paying it, if he quit being a touring musician his judgement would be ammended in that state to allocate for his loss of income.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
He told Stern he needed $60k a month.  He may have said he needed that much to break even; perhaps he meant he needed $60k enough to maintain his lifestyle.  Hopefully it is the later.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
He told Stern he needed $60k a month.  He may have said he needed that much to break even; perhaps he meant he needed $60k enough to maintain his lifestyle.  Hopefully it is the later.

For some reason a lot of celebrities have to pay exorbitant amounts for child support. Because apparently it costs more than a lot of people make in a year to raise the children of somebody famous for a month or two.
Bleeda blooda