September 29, 2024, 04:24:11 AM

Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)  (Read 39284 times)

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
Re: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:24 AM »
Am I the only one who'd rather Scott just look like an idiot and not rejoin Velvet Revolver? I mean, I could really care less how stupid he makes himself look, or if the other guys don't want him back, as long as he sticks with STP.

+1

While we're at it.  Can we just forget about VR?  It's obvious that it was a mistake to begin with.  Let the dead thing die.

Yeah, the problem now is that he has it in his head to be like Maynard, but he doesn't understand how incapable he is of pulling it off. Proof? This whole situation.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2012, 06:11:36 AM »
Fuck Slash and Duff.  What have they done since VR disbanded.  Slash has put out a couple of very mediocre albums.  He says he's touring like he's selling out venues or something.  And Duff comes off pretty lame as well.  Fact is they're all fuck ups.  The smart move is to do a few festivals here and there and make some good paydays.  Maybe a couple of soundtracks or something. 

I blame Scott, too.  20 year Core should be the focus.  Maybe next year he gets with VR but it was pretty dumb to speak out now. 

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2012, 06:25:21 AM »
I wish VR would just dry up and die already, but then I've never really been a Slash fan. I liked a few GnR songs. They were all from the first album.

I'd rather AoA or STP make new material. Fuck Splash and VR.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:28:05 AM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2012, 07:56:56 AM »
Scott doesnt care a flying F what ppl think of him. His not stupid nor fool. He's a celebrity and that world has whole different rules about whats cool/stupid/wise to do. Basically everything making headlines is good for your career. He's had diy, jail time, some fights with wife. You really think he cares if ppl think him being an idiot by ”slipping" "wrong words" on the radio? ... no he doesnt. This is all planned out.

Did you miss the entire 90s or something? The DUIs, jail time and constantly hitting the headlines for stupid shit was one of the main reasons their career went down the shitter so quickly. All publicity is NOT good publicity, whoever said that was a dickhead.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »
I just want some new music.  I don't care if it's STP/Solo/VR....I'm just dying for something new.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
I just want some new music.  I don't care if it's STP/Solo/VR....I'm just dying for something new.

Word.
Bleeda blooda

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »
Scott doesnt care a flying F what ppl think of him. His not stupid nor fool. He's a celebrity and that world has whole different rules about whats cool/stupid/wise to do. Basically everything making headlines is good for your career. He's had diy, jail time, some fights with wife. You really think he cares if ppl think him being an idiot by ”slipping" "wrong words" on the radio? ... no he doesnt. This is all planned out.

Did you miss the entire 90s or something? The DUIs, jail time and constantly hitting the headlines for stupid shit was one of the main reasons their career went down the shitter so quickly. All publicity is NOT good publicity, whoever said that was a dickhead.

Yes. I agree with you: not all publicity is good. What I meant was slipping words doesnt really make him look like an idiot comparing to those other stunts which were far worse. In that sense I dont think Scott cares what ppl think of him.

I'm just frustrated about this. After S/T I really hoped more steady career for STP: at least couple of new albums in shorter period than 5 years. I've grown up with this band and I truly love & respect the music.
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »
I hear ya, and I really think it's all down to what Scott thinks he can make the most money with. The comeback tour no doubt made a lot of money, but the album and the ensuing promotional tour, not so much. I just don't think the motivation is there to make music with STP.

It's clear from his last Stern interview that he needs to make a lot of money to pay his ex wives and that sort of thing, and VR have more potential for big record sales, since Slash and Duff are sadly much bigger names than Dean & Rob.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
I sure hope Scott knows what he is doing.  If he goes back to VR, he will have to work harder with them than he did with the other guys from STP. They won't pamper him and allow him to be the "head honcho".  His professionalism has slipped a bit since he has returned to the Pilots.  Hell, the quiet unassuming DeLeos could barely put up with it, I doubt Slash will keep his mouth shut.

Scott is getting a bit older and I don't think he has enough energy to really jam with these guys.  Furthermore, VR can't rest on their past success.  Their nostalgic value is not as high as STP.  They have less than half of the well-known STP songs that are out there.  The next VR album almost has to be a hit because if not, Scott will be in a worse situation than he is in presently with STP.  Consequently, he would then want to return to STP.  Then who is to say that he has one more bridge to return to STP now that he has possibly burned them all?

This could easily turn into a clusterfu** for Weiland.  After reading his book and watching his most recent Howard Stern interview, I don't approve of his decision to return to VR.  He can lie to himself all he'd like, but I don't believe there is any chance he can participate in both bands full-time.  He was exhausted from just touring with STP and doing his occasional solo stuff, he can't add VR on top of that.  I feel like he doesn't know how good he has it right now.  He wants to see if the grass is greener on the other side and he is under-valuing the true significance of the Deleos and Kretz.  Here's an analogy: Paz is Velvet Revolver and Mary is STP!

Hopefully this is all conjecture and Scott didn't know what the hell he was saying a few days ago.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:12:30 PM by DeadAndNotForSale »
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
The weird thing is that this all stems from the small article from ABC Radio or whatever.  The only audio of the radio interview I have heard is when they played a snippets for Slash.

Where's the original audio?  Is it POSSIBLE that this was something that happened around the time of the one-off show and it never went anywhere but the news orginization ran with it?

This is weird as shit, considering everyone is on radio silence now.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 07:33:47 PM »
The weird thing is that this all stems from the small article from ABC Radio or whatever.  The only audio of the radio interview I have heard is when they played a snippets for Slash.

Where's the original audio?  Is it POSSIBLE that this was something that happened around the time of the one-off show and it never went anywhere but the news orginization ran with it?

This is weird as shit, considering everyone is on radio silence now.

There was a radio snippet from Scott saying all that.  I dont think it's from January, but the silence is off putting
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »

Where's the original audio?

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173967

"Audio of Slash shooting down Weiland's comments:"

Then push play and scroll to 0:48 you can hear Scott speaking.

Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »

Where's the original audio?

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173967

"Audio of Slash shooting down Weiland's comments:"

Then push play and scroll to 0:48 you can hear Scott speaking.

Maybe I am way off course here, but Slash seems to be a bit full of shit.  He has never been so dismissive about Scott reuniting with them.  I could understand being surprised about what Scott said, but to say that they are not going to move backwards is something entirely new.  Since the break-up, it seemed that his stance was that he would be open to a reunion with Scott, but now he is totally against it  :o

Is VR pulling our chain?
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »
Maybe the audio is from 2003  :P
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Janny la de da

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2012, 02:03:58 AM »
My 2 bits here, for what it's worth, I love STP, and I loved VR, for different reasons. Lets face it, STP would not be STP without Scott, and VR will never be VR without Scott.

I saw on the Howard Stern interview that he needs like 60K monthly just to survive, with alimony, child support and all that fun stuff, hell that's more than I make a YEAR.  I'm thinking money is definitely a prime motivator here like has already been mentioned, and while some say he's selling out,  the dude has bills and is going to go down the road that makes him the most money as most people would do, no?

Scott is getting older, he's past his prime, so he needs to make some wise decisions here otherwise he's going to end up another has been IMO.  I love the guy, but with his past, not like he's got people breaking down his door. :-\
I am, I am, I said, I'm not myself...