September 29, 2024, 04:32:12 AM

Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)  (Read 39289 times)

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
Re: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »
Yeah exactly, he's no fool.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hehe. I don't know. He may not be the sharpest pencil in the box, but you think he would be dumb enough to pull something like this out of mid-air? Sorry, I don't think so.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
Scott doesnt care a flying F what ppl think of him. His not stupid nor fool. He's a celebrity and that world has whole different rules about whats cool/stupid/wise to do. Basically everything making headlines is good for your career. He's had diy, jail time, some fights with wife. You really think he cares if ppl think him being an idiot by ”slipping" "wrong words" on the radio? ... no he doesnt. This is all planned out.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:28:09 PM by ArnoldLayne »
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2012, 10:27:11 PM »

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hehe. I don't know. He may not be the sharpest pencil in the box, but you think he would be dumb enough to...

Stop right there.  My answer is "Yes" to literally anything that follows.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:39:06 PM by TemplePilot »

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2012, 01:07:49 AM »
Scott doesnt care a flying F what ppl think of him. His not stupid nor fool. He's a celebrity and that world has whole different rules about whats cool/stupid/wise to do. Basically everything making headlines is good for your career. He's had diy, jail time, some fights with wife. You really think he cares if ppl think him being an idiot by ”slipping" "wrong words" on the radio? ... no he doesnt. This is all planned out.

Man, I'm sorry ArnoldLayne, but as much as I want to believe some of your theories about how all of this is some big, planned out publicity stunt, carefully hatched by Scott Weiland and the rest of VR, I just don't buy it, mainly because to believe that, I would have to assume a lot about the parties involved.

TemplePilot, you crack me up, man. I don't get why people on here have smited you so much. You keep this place alive.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2012, 01:41:08 AM »

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hehe. I don't know. He may not be the sharpest pencil in the box, but you think he would be dumb enough to...

LOL. Sad but true...

But in this particular case, i think it was a missunderstood between Duff, Dave and Scott.

I think that Scott fucked up any chance or possibility, at least at this moment, by saying that to the public.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2012, 01:52:07 AM »

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL. Sad but true...

But in this particular case, i think it was a missunderstood between Duff, Dave and Scott.

I think that Scott fucked up any chance or possibility, at least at this moment, by saying that to the public.

I would have to disagree. If VR truly ever wanted Scott back, something like this wouldn't stop them. After all, they've forgiven him for much worse than just some publicity flub.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2012, 01:58:33 AM »
@MrKerosene

This time is different.
Duff is a really nice and humble guy, so seems to be Dave.

Lets face some facts here: If it wasnt for Duff and his wife(and Mary, obviously), Scott wouldnt have joined VR in the first place...

Nowadays, Scott's friendship with Duff, is still great. They probably talked to each other and well, maybe Duff and Dave have no problem to have Scott back in the band.
But Matt and Slash think different.
So, Duff surely said something like "well, yeah, why not? we can work it out" and... Scott opened his big mouth and fucked it up, announcing to the world that VR IS BACK...when the truth is different.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2012, 02:49:45 AM »
I just found this video on youtube. not sure if you guys already have seen this or not but here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Cks2fuf-A the guy is annoying as hell, VR starts about 2 minutes in.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2012, 03:20:58 AM »
Direct link to Slash words on Scott declarations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVtYAYsq0xQ&feature=related

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2012, 03:43:15 AM »
Am I the only one who'd rather Scott just look like an idiot and not rejoin Velvet Revolver? I mean, I could really care less how stupid he makes himself look, or if the other guys don't want him back, as long as he sticks with STP.

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2012, 04:08:10 AM »
I think Slash sounds like an asshole , a simple " there must have been a misunderstanding " would have worked.  And Duff doesn't come across much better. If they don't want to play with Scott fine, but let the guy keep some shred of dignity. Total assholes !!

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2012, 04:16:28 AM »
Am I the only one who'd rather Scott just look like an idiot and not rejoin Velvet Revolver? I mean, I could really care less how stupid he makes himself look, or if the other guys don't want him back, as long as he sticks with STP.
No, I agree with you.
I think Slash sounds like an asshole , a simple " there must have been a misunderstanding " would have worked.  And Duff doesn't come across much better. If they don't want to play with Scott fine, but let the guy keep some shred of dignity. Total assholes !!
I agree with this as well, and that should show Scott which band to be more loyal to. Scott has pulled way more shit on the Deleo's than with VR, yet the Deleo's are still willing to put up with it after 20 years.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2012, 04:44:54 AM »
No, I agree with you.
I agree with this as well, and that should show Scott which band to be more loyal to. Scott has pulled way more shit on the Deleo's than with VR, yet the Deleo's are still willing to put up with it after 20 years.

This also gives you an idea of how the working relationship was when Scott was in the band, and maybe why he quit. That's why I never really liked VR. Granted, there were a couple of good tunes here and there, but there seemed to be a lot of egos flying around, and not much in the way of actual friendship.

Does STP get along any better than VR did? I doubt it. There's no evidence that indicates that Scott and the STP guys care about each other. If anything, it just looks like they have an understanding.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2012, 04:49:24 AM »

+1

While we're at it.  Can we just forget about VR?  It's obvious that it was a mistake to begin with.  Let the dead thing die.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2012, 05:04:11 AM »
+1 humble kidney pie. so true. that made me laugh lol. scott just stay with STP for god sakes.