September 29, 2024, 06:23:36 AM

Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)  (Read 39303 times)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2012, 04:40:34 AM »
Lovemachine97, you nailed it with the whole STP and Jack in the Box analogy. That's definitely one of the reason's why Black Gives Way to Blue was so successful for Alice In Chains - because it sounds like AIC. While AIC is a versatile band as well (not as versatile as STP of course), Black Gives Way was a "safe" album full of accessible grunge metal songs that both hardcore and moderate fans of the band could like. I'm not saying STP should make their next album something that sounds like Core or Purple, but if the band is genuinely concerned about remaining relevant and making some more money along with touring, then that's what they should do.

Personally, while it would be great to see STP chug out a couple more rock radio classics in the future, it's not something I'm expecting or something I desperately want to happen. I've accepted the fact that it's very possible that STP's most relevant days are far behind them. Aslong as the band continues to be a great live act and put out good music (and Scott's in a good place), then I'm happy.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2012, 04:57:45 AM »
Yeah I don't think this is happening

Wasn't it Duff who Said that he never wanted to be in a band with Scott again and that he felt Sorry for him?

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2012, 05:02:30 AM »
I've accepted the fact that it's very possible that STP's most relevant days are far behind them. Aslong as the band continues to be a great live act and put out good music (and Scott's in a good place), then I'm happy.

Absolutely. I could care less who likes what STP puts out today. If I like it, I'm happy, and so far they haven't let me down yet. Sure, I prefer some of their early albums to their later albums, but I'd still take their more recent albums over a lot of other music.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
I've accepted the fact that it's very possible that STP's most relevant days are far behind them. Aslong as the band continues to be a great live act and put out good music (and Scott's in a good place), then I'm happy.

Absolutely. I could care less who likes what STP puts out today. If I like it, I'm happy, and so far they haven't let me down yet. Sure, I prefer some of their early albums to their later albums, but I'd still take their more recent albums over a lot of other music.

And as fans, that's great. It shows that we're true fans of the band, but consider the motivation these four will have to keep making music if they stop making money. After all, this is still a career for them, right?
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:46 AM »
Look.

This is all just a game. To get the word out: "Velvet Revolver will be back together."

I don't think Scott just slipped the words.

How entertainment business works: you have to make headlines.

What's better to make headlines than contradictory?

They all know about this, of course. Slash, Duff + the whole VR crew.

Now lets put Scott on radioshow to announce that VR will be back together.

Then have Slash deny it.

BOOM! There you have it: people start talking and speculating, magazines + blogs start writing.

And when the band is ready to function, everyone knows about it.

Free advertising that is.
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »
Look.

This is all just a game. To get the word out: "Velvet Revolver will be back together."

Then have Slash deny it.

BOOM! There you have it: people start talking and speculating, magazines + blogs start writing.

I would love to believe that this is the case, but I simply can't.  I think that there was a severe miscommunication somewhere and Scott is getting the blunt of it
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »

And as fans, that's great. It shows that we're true fans of the band, but consider the motivation these four will have to keep making music if they stop making money. After all, this is still a career for them, right?

I agree.  It's hard not to see it this way as some sort of influence, not from our perspective but from theirs.  If you've paid attention to most interviews since the reunion and especially if you read Scott's book, you know that their true desires are to slow down a bit more at this point in their lives.  Release music here and there and tour sporadically and spend more time with family in between.  BUT they've talked endlessly about alimony payments especially, and just the fact that touring is the only way to make $.   That puts up a direct red flag in regards to motivation.  Whether it's right or wrong, Scott's given us enough information that he's extremely 'motivated' at this time in his life.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
Look.

Then have Slash deny it.

The longer it goes with out a retraction or corrected statement from either side, and the longer the website is magically MIA, the more I agree with you.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

crackerman 68

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »
Did you all know that they added an additional night Wednesday the 29th in Huntington, NY?

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/12802683-stone-temple-pilots-at-paramount-theatre

Niktus

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »
Look.

Then have Slash deny it.

The longer it goes with out a retraction or corrected statement from either side, and the longer the website is magically MIA, the more I agree with you.

I also agree with this, it has his logic, but if that is the case it´s really sad to see this people that called themselves artists mounting this movie only because they still need to be relevant... aka future money in his pockets... it seems a bit low to me
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:05:06 PM by Niktus »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
I don't believe for a second Scott would agree to a stunt that made him look like an idiot. Possibly Slash denied it for that purpose, but it's far more likely the whole thing is a misunderstanding.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
I like that theres more STP shows being booked right now, thats a good sighn. it just sucks that their only showing shows one by one instead of a big 50 date tour or something. im dying to hear a follow up interview with scott or the rest of the band about this whole VR dilemma. i wonder if the deleos or kretz even know about this.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
I don't believe for a second Scott would agree to a stunt that made him look like an idiot. Possibly Slash denied it for that purpose, but it's far more likely the whole thing is a misunderstanding.

Quite honestly, this is the possibility that I'm banking on. With Weiland's track record of promising things that haven't been locked in yet, it would be no surprise. The thing that sucks, though, is I do feel like he's the victim in all of this. I bet there were some talks about getting VR back together, obviously without Slash's approval, and now the rest of VR is taking the side of "Nah man, Weiland is just crazy."
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:13 PM »
Yeah exactly, he's no fool. There must have been something said to give him that impression. He wouldn't intentionally go on radio and make himself look silly.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:57 PM »
Yeah exactly, he's no fool.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh