September 29, 2024, 10:23:48 AM

Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)  (Read 39342 times)

jkradenski

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
I like Scott Weiland also, I just think that right now he is a better fit with VR.  Wasn't this forum below empty a VR forum when Scott was with them?  Don't get upset if I think that the supporting cast of VR is better than the supporting cast of STP, it does not mean that I dislike them, I just don't agree with you.  In chat rooms and forums we are entitled to our opinions, don't you get that? 

jkradenski

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »
200 average is better than Ike Davis'.  Look on the bright side, it looks like Scott will be touring during the last 6 months of 2012 one way or the other.

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
Here are a few reasons why Velvet Revolver will get back together.

1. Why would Scott come out and say such things if they are not true? Scott might have done some stupid shit in his life, but when has he ever come out and done something like this... just flat out lying about a record and tour
2. Despite what Slash says he does want VR to get back together. I mean the guy spent how many years looking for a new singer? He said he is cool with Scott again and Scott is cool with him.
3. Slash actually seemed somewhat excited in the clip I heard. He sounded somewhat delighted when he said "he said that"?
4. Slash says he is touring all year. NO he is not, his last date as of right now is August 4th and Scott said it will be a late summer early fall tour.
5. All members of VR said they have some unfinished business when talking about the band
6. MONEY
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

Niktus

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
It´s really silly to me when musicians confront on the media. They don´t talk to each other... It´s clear that are not serious.
I play in a couple of bands and nothing is more important than communication. And this is not a case of good communication, this is only mediatic circus.

Velvet Revolver looks like a hollywood bitch.
Please Scott... stop bother with nonsense, recover your great voice and do that amazing STP brand new album.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »
Quite honestly, with all the disappointments 2012 has brought with STP, a VR tour and new album sounds much better than broken promises of a Core Reunion Tour and STP's assurance that there won't be another album any time soon. Seriously, it feels like STP has been sitting on their hands for the last 5 months, and this news, if it's true, comes to no surprise to me.

Also, for the people who say that Scott Weiland is jerking the DeLeos around, that may have been true at one time, but we don't know the circumstances these days, and we shouldn't pretend we do. Like I've said before, from where I sit Scott Weiland is a lot more motivated to keep working than the rest of STP is.

Question: Someone mentioned something about Scott's interview with Stern in 2010 affecting band morale. I watched that interview, and I don't get it. What happened?
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »
I am super pumped for a new VR album!! Scott doesn't need to (or should he) focus on STP only. I like the fact that he is always working on SOMETHING outside of STP. I loved the first two STP releases and am sure i will like the next as well.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
Not to naysay or freak out or even downplay anything... but all this article says is Scott is getting with Dave and Duff to jam. And he says they'll do a "small tour". So basically all that's promised is a jam session and a few dates... which by the way Slash has denied. I don't think as STP fans we can make this any more or any less than it is. Obviously the guys have mostly patched things up and that doesn't bode that well for STP, maybe, but based on the article I wouldn't see that as the "band is reuniting" or "releasing a new album". All we know is 3 guys are jamming this weekend, and they may play a handful of shows late this year. That's it. It has potential but I don't think as STP fans we need to freak out over this news. Not yet, anyway.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »
I like Scott Weiland also, I just think that right now he is a better fit with VR.  Wasn't this forum below empty a VR forum when Scott was with them?  Don't get upset if I think that the supporting cast of VR is better than the supporting cast of STP, it does not mean that I dislike them, I just don't agree with you.  In chat rooms and forums we are entitled to our opinions, don't you get that? 

There are better ways to phrase that you like VR better than STP, rather than "Slash pisses on Dean and Robert". If you'd chosen a more mature and appropriate phrasing, I would've posted a more mature, appropriate response, or I wouldn't have even responded at all.

Question: Someone mentioned something about Scott's interview with Stern in 2010 affecting band morale. I watched that interview, and I don't get it. What happened?

That was me. It wasn't anything said, and in fact it's merely speculation, but the other guys (especially Dean) just looked annoyed the whole time. Until that interview, I hadn't seen the guys together since the reunion and it just seemed tense. Like I said, that's just how I see it. Now that I think about it it's not solid evidence to support my argument so lemme withdraw that comparison. However, I do think that the DeLeo's patience is wearing thin.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
sorry for the double post but I just listened to Slash's interview and he shut that down pretty forcefully. VR was ready to go with Corey Taylor and Slash said NO and the thing was killed... so if Slash says no, then no means no. I'm not saying this couldn't still happen but based on Slash's reaction to it I'm skeptical. He's pretty emphatic if you listen to his clip. He sounds a lot more convincing than Scott to me.

And this wouldn't be the first time, no disrespect to Scott, that things were talked up and promised that he wouldn't deliver on. Scott has a bad habit of talking up things before they are solid, and it's blown up in his face (and ours) many times.

crackerman 68

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
How long can the DeLeo brothers allow Scott to keep messing with the STP chemistry, their patence is definitely being tested.  They have put up with so much crap over the past 20 years.  I have seen Scott solo, with STP and with VR and as far as I am concerned, he looked happiest when he was touring solo.  That being said, hopefully Scott will be on the road this summer/fall rocking once again.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »
Not to naysay or freak out or even downplay anything... but all this article says is Scott is getting with Dave and Duff to jam. And he says they'll do a "small tour". So basically all that's promised is a jam session and a few dates... which by the way Slash has denied. I don't think as STP fans we can make this any more or any less than it is. Obviously the guys have mostly patched things up and that doesn't bode that well for STP, maybe, but based on the article I wouldn't see that as the "band is reuniting" or "releasing a new album". All we know is 3 guys are jamming this weekend, and they may play a handful of shows late this year. That's it. It has potential but I don't think as STP fans we need to freak out over this news. Not yet, anyway.

I think a lot more of it is fueled by the fact that there has just ben so little communication from the STP camp other than the generic "maybe a Core tour, maybe an album after that, but right now we're resting" we've heard the past 6 months.  With the public 'failure' of self-titled album and shrinking attendance in the past few tours (went from arenas to theatres) I think it's a pretty pivotal point for STP. 

The rest + having a hopefully successful Core Anniversary tour might gain them some steam.  I know Scott said what "the plan" is right now for 'VR', but the assumption would be if they make an album they'd tour the album.  To me it'd just be a big bummer if the STP timeline was interrupted because VR is bigger than just a side-project.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:14 PM »
I'm truly dissapointed if this is true.
I was so hoping for a new STP record.
Well.
Whatever.
 :o

And jkradenski: Go whine somewhere else. Just stupid, immature trolling you have there...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:47:50 PM by ArnoldLayne »
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

Loungefly89

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
Take off you rose colored glases, Dean and Robert cound not play one VR song, stop living in the past and move on

You may feel STP have deteriorated and I think a lotta people would back you up, but whats with this? As a guitarist I know very well that the majority of STP's songs are much more technically advanced than those of Velvet Revolvers. I don't even think this is subjective, its a fact that the chords and intricacies in the Deleo's music are just harder to play.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »
I saw this too, glad someone got to it. I can't say I'm pleased nor disappointed if its true. I'm fairly certain it's true though not necessarily the best news of my day. It's interesting nonetheless. I've been seeing this all over the place, and you have to admit the incredible silence from Weiland & Co. sort of makes sense now. I must admit, after hearing the reunion show back in January, I have faith in Scott in Velvet Revolver, as a singer of course. I know he won't disappoint one way or the other. Let's see what happens. We may have new Velvet Revolver before we have new STP the way it's looking. Who knows.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:55 PM »
Will always prefer a STP album to a VR album.  This is bad news whether it is true or not.  Shows that Weiland does not have his full attention with his present band.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94