September 29, 2024, 12:20:45 AM

Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)  (Read 39267 times)

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »

During an appearance on last night's (Friday, May 18) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, Slash was asked about Weiland's comments and whether there is any truth to the reports that VELVET REVOLVER was once again working with the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman.

"I was doing a radio interview [with the 'Half-Assed Morning Show' on the Minneapolis, Minnesota radio station 93X on Monday, May 14] and we just rolled into town," Slash said. "I got out of my [tour bus] bunk and I dropped my guys off and went straight to this radio station. So I'm acclimating to the morning show, which you know the energy levels of those morning guys. I'm trying to get the coffee in my system. And [the radio show host] starts saying something at one point where he goes, 'So Scott Weiland's back in VELVET REVOLVER. And how does that feel?' And I was like, 'Woah! What?' And he goes, 'Yeah, Scott said you guys are writing together and you're gonna be on the road by the end of the year.' And I was just like, 'Am I delirious? What are you saying?'"

He continued, "Anyway, then, which was a good thing, he played me a tape of the actual conversation with Scott saying all this stuff. I was like, 'What the f…?' And that was it. And I called Duff, and I was like, 'Duff, do you know anything about this?' And Duff says, 'I have no idea.' So that was it. I was just in a state of shock."

"I talked to Dave Kushner and he said that he and Scott had some conversations at some point about getting back together. But I remember that was sort of Scott's M.O. when we did that reunion thing [VELVET REVOLVER reunited for a short performance at the January 'Love You Madly: A Concert For John O'Brien' at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California]. So he's been interested in burying the hatchet and getting back together and sort of juggling this whole STP/VELVET REVOLVER perfect-world thing. And I'm, like, there's no way that's gonna happen. I love Scott — he's a great guy when I'm not in a band with him. I'd just like to keep it that way. So there's no truth to this whole thing. [It's been given] way more attention than it even deserves."

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:43:48 PM by Lolzeyes »

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »
Well that's that, then.  R.I.P. Velvet Revolver.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

Huckleberry

• Ground Personnel
  • Wish you were here....
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
Scott's lost. Period! Shame...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
Well that's that, then.  R.I.P. Velvet Revolver.

Yeah that's what it sounds like.  And I anticipate that this means that there won't be reunion shows or festival shows or anything because that would just be scott trying to get the boys back together again
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
Oh well. Its not a huge deal to me, though I hate the fact that Scott basically ruined any chance he had at some type of reunion. He obviously really wanted to but, its his fault for opening his mouth. Anyway lets bring on the Core 20 tour! I need some live STP soon.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
Again, where is the FULL audio of this radio interview?  All we have heard is Scott saying that he and Dave and Duff would be getting together to write songs when they played the clip for Slash.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »
Again, where is the FULL audio of this radio interview?  All we have heard is Scott saying that he and Dave and Duff would be getting together to write songs when they played the clip for Slash.

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if this is an old audio clip. Kind of weird that they would only play a little bit of it, and not some sort of full interview.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2012, 09:51:25 PM »

During an appearance on last night's (Friday, May 18) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, Slash was asked about Weiland's comments and whether there is any truth to the reports that VELVET REVOLVER was once again working with the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman.

"I was doing a radio interview [with the 'Half-Assed Morning Show' on the Minneapolis, Minnesota radio station 93X on Monday, May 14] and we just rolled into town," Slash said. "I got out of my [tour bus] bunk and I dropped my guys off and went straight to this radio station. So I'm acclimating to the morning show, which you know the energy levels of those morning guys. I'm trying to get the coffee in my system. And [the radio show host] starts saying something at one point where he goes, 'So Scott Weiland's back in VELVET REVOLVER. And how does that feel?' And I was like, 'Woah! What?' And he goes, 'Yeah, Scott said you guys are writing together and you're gonna be on the road by the end of the year.' And I was just like, 'Am I delirious? What are you saying?'"

He continued, "Anyway, then, which was a good thing, he played me a tape of the actual conversation with Scott saying all this stuff. I was like, 'What the f…?' And that was it. And I called Duff, and I was like, 'Duff, do you know anything about this?' And Duff says, 'I have no idea.' So that was it. I was just in a state of shock."

"I talked to Dave Kushner and he said that he and Scott had some conversations at some point about getting back together. But I remember that was sort of Scott's M.O. when we did that reunion thing [VELVET REVOLVER reunited for a short performance at the January 'Love You Madly: A Concert For John O'Brien' at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California]. So he's been interested in burying the hatchet and getting back together and sort of juggling this whole STP/VELVET REVOLVER perfect-world thing. And I'm, like, there's no way that's gonna happen. I love Scott — he's a great guy when I'm not in a band with him. I'd just like to keep it that way. So there's no truth to this whole thing. [It's been given] way more attention than it even deserves."

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
hahah i love the pic stonetemplebrett, thats great. +1

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if this is an old audio clip. Kind of weird that they would only play a little bit of it, and not some sort of full interview.

Scott might be weird at best, a shell of his former self at worst, but he's not delusional.  The drugs and alcohol would have had to have really fried his brain (he didn't sound intoxicated in the short clip we've heard) in order for him to imagine a scenario where he was going to be writing with Dave and Duff and received songs to work on from Dave.

I alluded to this earlier, then again, and now someone else has said this.  This has to be old audio that surfaced months later, or even years later.

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2012, 11:41:05 PM »

I am SO glad.
Now get on with the new STP!!
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2012, 11:45:06 PM »
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland has revealed to ABC News Radio that he has reunited with VELVET REVOLVER and is back making new music with the band. "We've all grown a lot," explains Weiland. "We're able to put egos and differences and old… conflicts aside and so that's really cool."

He added, "They gave me a couple of [new] songs and myself and [guitarist] Dave [Kushner] and [bassist] Duff [McKagan] are gonna be getting together for a songwriting session next week."

(Sorry! I'm sorry. Just couldn't resist. MAN! I LOVE STP!!)
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2012, 12:10:24 AM »
and just one more....

;D
...off to bed. its 2.10am here.
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10