September 27, 2024, 04:23:56 PM

Author Topic: Best STP Tribute bands?  (Read 8266 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Best STP Tribute bands?
« on: April 30, 2012, 06:25:14 AM »
Since there are no news about any STP gigs besides a single one, Ive been thinking of attending to a tribute gig. I haven't been to any, and I figured you guys would be familiar with some good ones. I need some sort of STP fix in the coming month. I obviously know that there's nothing like seeing the actual band live, but if there's a band out there that can manage to make me believe I'm hearing STP live with my eyes closed, then I'm definitely down to attend some gigs.
 I checked YouTube to see if I would have any luck with anything decent, but MY GOD! some of those bands are fuckin horrible!! I don't care if you dress, or attempt to dance like Scott; as long as it sounds close to STP, I'll pay a ticket.
So, can you crazies help me out on this?
If you only knew..

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
Re: Best STP Tribute bands?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:43:59 PM »
A lot of people like Stone Temple Auto Pilots

MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »
Crackerman out of Houston is pretty good. Stone Temple Co-Pilots ren't too bad either
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
I'm currently living in New York. I was looking for something around the area, and holy shit!

www.Thestpshow.com

I don't think I've heard ANYONE sound like Scott as much as this guy! They have some gigs lined up around CT.. Definitely considering! They have a ton of snippets for songs under the media tab.. I clicked on "All In The Suit That You Wear" and it made me wonder if they were using actual STP tracks! The end of Big Bang Baby blew me away too!

I checked the ones you guys posted, but I didn't think they really sounded like Scott. Sounding like him is a tough fuckin job.
If you only knew..

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »
I'm currently living in New York. I was looking for something around the area, and holy shit!

www.Thestpshow.com

I don't think I've heard ANYONE sound like Scott as much as this guy! They have some gigs lined up around CT.. Definitely considering! They have a ton of snippets for songs under the media tab.. I clicked on "All In The Suit That You Wear" and it made me wonder if they were using actual STP tracks! The end of Big Bang Baby blew me away too!

I checked the ones you guys posted, but I didn't think they really sounded like Scott. Sounding like him is a tough fuckin job.

The tracks you mentioned sounded fine, but the other tracks were pretty bad. There was no flow in the instrumentals, and I found myself cringing during the awkward drumming on "Still Remains".

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »

www.Thestpshow.com

The tracks you mentioned sounded fine, but the other tracks were pretty bad. There was no flow in the instrumentals, and I found myself cringing during the awkward drumming on "Still Remains".

Yea, I didn't notice the instrumental flow as much cuz I thought they vocals were pretty awesome. I was reading some of their Facebook posts and I guess they went through some line up changes; probably still fighting things up instrumentally. I don't expect anyone to play the exact same way Dean plays, or even to be close to mimic his sound since he keeps that secret, I'll be happy if the singer can pull a good Scott the way this one does.
If you only knew..

Stone Temple Copilots

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Stone Temple Copilots
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 04:22:52 AM »
I'm probably a little biased, but I think this L.A. STP tribute band is really good:
Stone Temple Co-Pilots
  ;D

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 05:07:39 AM »

www.Thestpshow.com

I think you'll be presently surprised whenever I get my vocal material on the internet  ;D

pomeloman

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 02:49:40 PM »
There is a european tribute band called Stone Pilots, I think they have just started out recently:

https://www.facebook.com/stone.pilots.music

They have 1 video on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqB_xHDB_IY

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
Cripes. Good luck to them, but I don't see a European STP cover band getting a great deal of gigs booked.

The UK is probably one of their biggest markets, and they are all but unknown over here, especially these days. I think the only European country where Self Titled hit the top 50 was Switzerland, and there's like 10 people in that country.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 10:59:15 PM »
STPw/CB.........how could I resist

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »

www.Thestpshow.com

All of those songs sound pretty good! He does sound like Scott. Sex Type Thing was really great...would love to hear more of it.

Piece of Vaseline Pie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 01:24:07 AM »
STPw/CB.........how could I resist
Haha!!! RIght!

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 02:21:26 AM »
Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts.

I thought you loved Scott?

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 02:24:55 AM »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy