September 20, 2024, 08:03:24 AM

Author Topic: Shangri La Dee Da Topic  (Read 37694 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Shangri la dee da artwork and font
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2008, 09:58:44 PM »
Sorry about the delay in my reply.  Forgot about this one.

Neither Rob nor Scott said anything, but both had a panic-stricken look on their face.  The kind of look my Grandpa had when he found out I have tattoos.  lol. 

CMCracker - I don't know how long it will last - it's different for everyone.  My most recent tattoo is about four years old and no longer contains any traces of white.  It pulls out fast.  Usually, it's used for shading, etc.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/valvixin
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Sorry about the delay in my reply.  Forgot about this one.

Neither Rob nor Scott said anything, but both had a panic-stricken look on their face.  The kind of look my Grandpa had when he found out I have tattoos.  lol. 

CMCracker - I don't know how long it will last - it's different for everyone.  My most recent tattoo is about four years old and no longer contains any traces of white.  It pulls out fast.  Usually, it's used for shading, etc.

ha ha ha Jessie i love the looks on robert and scott face in comparison to your grandpa.. thats great! ha ha 

im supposed to be meeting them at the show im going to in july.. should i cover my tat on my wrist !? lol dont wanna freak them  boys out!
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend, pick a flower hold your breath and drif

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2008, 05:30:26 AM »
so will it completely fade like i never got it?? 
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2008, 08:08:10 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
so will it completely fade like i never got it?? 

Dude, talk to your tattoo artist about it.  I'm not an expert or anything.  Just letting you know from my own experiences that the lighter color ink you use, the quicker it fades.  All tattoos fade, regardless of who did them or what colors you picked.  Some fade faster than others.  And it also depends on WHERE you're getting a tattoo.  The thin skin on your foot, for example, will fade faster than the fat skin on your ass.  Any professional tattoo artist should be able to help you - and any good one will advice against anything that's going to be terrible.

Val - don't cover it up!  I say show it to them and see if you get the same reaction.  I always wondered if it was the tattoo itself, or the fact that I was the one that had it.  I was only 17 when I met the band, and I think they kind of thought of me as a little kid - kind of a novelty, considering most of the people at the shows were males in their 20's.  I say we set them up for a little experiment.  :D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2008, 11:16:35 PM »
I was gonna go get it but u guys were like no not white..so I stalled =)  If It fades away I will just get it recolored or something...I just wondered if it was going to fade completly before i went to the place and the tattoo guy thought i was an idiot.  LOL ;)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Happy anniversary SLDD!
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »
Great album :)

7 years!
I know I want what\'s on my mind.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: Happy anniversary SLDD!
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2008, 08:04:41 PM »
:D Happy Birthday so!!! :D
I love that record since the first time I heard it...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/valvixin
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Dude, talk to your tattoo artist about it.  I'm not an expert or anything.  Just letting you know from my own experiences that the lighter color ink you use, the quicker it fades.  All tattoos fade, regardless of who did them or what colors you picked.  Some fade faster than others.  And it also depends on WHERE you're getting a tattoo.  The thin skin on your foot, for example, will fade faster than the fat skin on your ass.  Any professional tattoo artist should be able to help you - and any good one will advice against anything that's going to be terrible.

Val - don't cover it up!  I say show it to them and see if you get the same reaction.  I always wondered if it was the tattoo itself, or the fact that I was the one that had it.  I was only 17 when I met the band, and I think they kind of thought of me as a little kid - kind of a novelty, considering most of the people at the shows were males in their 20's.  I say we set them up for a little experiment.  :D

ok jessie you got it.. i wont cover it BUT here is my thing.. the tat is on the inside of my right wrist which is the had i will use to shake hands with.. so the tat will be exposed right away ... cant wait to see the reaction... lol
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend, pick a flower hold your breath and drif

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »
I remember listening to it the first time. I played it on my computer first. Then I went for a run. Then I listened to it on my stereo. Then I called this girl who I met over the internet. Then I listened to the album a third time.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2008, 08:50:47 PM »
WOW .. its not 2008 yet is it

dskpilots

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2008, 10:10:27 PM »
Been listening to this one a lot lately.  Great album!  Hello It's Late is slowly becoming one of my all time favorite STP tunes.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2008, 10:46:16 PM »
Man I am in shock at the fact that was 7 years ago, I remeber listening to it for the first time like it was yesterday. I actually wish I could relive hearing the album for the first time.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »
Amazing Album.  Bi-Polar Bear and Hello It's Late still gives me chills

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
'Hello, It's Late' shot up immediately to one of my favorite STP tunes off all-time. The song hit me pretty hard since at the time I was going through a break-up, which eventually turned into a make-up. The line, 'I'm just sitting on a merry-go-round, and the music is too loud,' is one of my favorite lines from ANY song EVER.

I will say this though. I intially liked the album song for song. However collectively, I thought it was not cohesive and flowed rather poorly. I know the placement of the tracks have been debated for sometime now. Also, upon hearing the b-sides from the sessions (About A Fool, Samba Nova), it makes you wonder why those tunes were not included and others were.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

GreenCheetah

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »
Wow.. this makes me feel so old!! Can't believe it's been that long.  It was my senior year in high school when it came out and I'd been very anxiously awaiting it's release.  I got the CD, put it in my car and just drove around town till it was over.  Initially I was a little let down by it because it didn't have quite as much kick to it as No. 4 -- which was the CD that made me fall in love with STP in the first place.  But my tastes have changed and matured as the years have passed; it's now my favorite album and with every listen I'm impressed by its artistry.  Favorite tracks are Hello It's Late, Long Way Home, and Black Again.