September 20, 2024, 08:21:25 AM

Author Topic: The (other) Cinnamon Video.  (Read 9973 times)

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
Re: The (other) Cinnamon Video.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 01:34:51 AM »
This video is wayyyyyyyyy better than the first one!
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 01:35:44 AM »
Yeah, maybe the SLDD documentary will pop up on YouTube tomorrow.

Or footage from the Tiny Music sessions.

Or the Unplugged version of No Memory/Sin
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 01:58:30 AM »
I really liked it.  it made it seem like he was singing to/searching for happiness and life, not so much to a girl.  i loved the chase of the color and vibrance.  I totally agree though that it might not have been aired due to it looking like Scott was "chasing the dragon"
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 03:00:56 AM »
I like the other video because it actually had all 4 of them in the same room at the same time....this one kinda looked like they did the Scott piece one day and the other fellas somewhere else.

And yeah, all the goofy graphics just didn't click for me.  Gimme the other version.
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 06:16:01 AM »
This video is amazing! I love it. One of my favorites of their's now.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »
Anyone else feel like some of this reminds them of the ILS video????  Definitely like this version better than the first, by a lot.

I know the return to black and white reminded me of ILS too, and the graphics elements of SLDD and Scott of SBQM. Just a perfect complimenting video for STP overall, plus the stretch and squash. :) Sad it wasn't released officially...

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »
Great find!

x10  Way better than the other video.  This seems more their style, the other one just looked forced and trying to appeal to a younger audience some how.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:32:11 AM »
I like the other video because it actually had all 4 of them in the same room at the same time....this one kinda looked like they did the Scott piece one day and the other fellas somewhere else.

And yeah, all the goofy graphics just didn't click for me.  Gimme the other version.

I definitely agree about the graphic stuff. It's like it's trying to be psychedelic, but completely falling flat.

I can see why neither of the videos were officially released, but I'm glad that both of them ended up seeing the light of day.
Bleeda blooda

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »
I did like the party, laid back vibe of the first one, although it didn't really fit the song. This one however is great! Imagine how cool this would have looked playing on those video screens behind them on that tour.
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »
                 WoW! That was an awesome video from start to finish! I too have to 2nd the notion of that one clip being very similar to SBQM's. It was pretty much spot on. Wonder if Scott was aware of that? The only thing that was missing was maybe more facial hair from Scott and in the clip being in color. Not sure if I read this one yet but I thought the video felt like a trippy version of Big Bang Baby. I do like the other version as well but this one is definitely more of a playful version of the song. Although don't really know why they are in a desert lol but that's Hollywood for ya! I can't see how anyone could hate this video? It's colorful, playful, just all around fun to watch!  I gotta bookmark this for sure so I can watch it several times more! What's not to love? Two thumbs up for me on this one!!  ;D

8)

cagedtiger1640

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »
Really enjoyed that video fit the song well.  I for one thing that cinnamon was actually when of the better tracks on the album.  Lyrics are a little cheesy but I think they fit the song well.  The hook and guitar solo are top notch.  Not what you would usually associate with STP but very well done none the less. 

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »
Anyone else think that this video would have fit perfectly with first kiss on mars?  Im listening to it now and envisinoing the video.  it's beautiful
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »
I definitely like the video itself better, but it doesn't fit the song at all. It looked like a video taped for Take a Load Off or First Kiss on Mars with the Cinnamon track played over it. I was digging the psychadelic stuff but the desert scenes just didnt click with the song itself.

Version 2 is definitely the better video, but Version 1 fit the playful ambience of the song better

When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
Woo I managed to figure it out. I do like the video a lot and definitely more than the other one, I just don't really get it. It doesn't make sense! I think if the entire video had that animation style it would be a lot cooler. I still like it, maybe I need to watch it some more to wrap my head around it.

Or maybe I'm just being silly :)
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
Holy shit this one is so much better than the boring "high school party" one.  This video fits the song so perfectly and it's a shame it was never released.