October 01, 2024, 08:51:06 AM

Author Topic: Radio's most played STP song's  (Read 9171 times)

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
Re: Radio's most played STP song's
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 05:02:06 AM »
I don't listen to radio. But there was a time when I did. I've heard Plush, Wicked Garden, Vasoline, Creep, ILS, STT, Big Empty, BTL, TALO, Hazy Days, Cinnamon, Trippin', Lady Picture Show, Big Bang Baby (Missing Cleveland, it was weird, so had to mention it)
Don't remember listening to D&B or Crackerman.
Can't really tell which has the heaviest rotation, sorry... Maybe I should take a risk and listen to the radio again :P

You heard Hazy Daze on the radio?   :o
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 05:10:22 AM »
I don't listen to radio. But there was a time when I did. I've heard Plush, Wicked Garden, Vasoline, Creep, ILS, STT, Big Empty, BTL, TALO, Hazy Days, Cinnamon, Trippin', Lady Picture Show, Big Bang Baby (Missing Cleveland, it was weird, so had to mention it)
Can't really tell which has the heaviest rotation, sorry... Maybe I should take a risk and listen to the radio again :P

Yes, I heard Hazy Daze (not Days :P)
Check these lists out, I've only heard it once but apparently it was played twice 'cause they broadcasted the same show later
http://somosrock.fmrockandpop.com/?s=hazy+daze
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:12:07 AM by Shangri »
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 05:37:57 AM »
I hear Peacoat on Pandora (in Rival Sons radio of all places), and Dancing Days on Sirius XM Lithium
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 05:42:57 AM »
I hear Peacoat on Pandora (in Rival Sons radio of all places), and Dancing Days on Sirius XM Lithium
I listen to Lithium 24/7

They play All kinds of STP there From Core to NO 4

that station is the best

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 01:51:37 AM »

Check these lists out, I've only heard it once but apparently it was played twice 'cause they broadcasted the same show later

That's awesome.... I wonder why Hazy Daze of all songs though? Was it a special request?

They were doing this thing on the radio a few years back where they would take request for deep album cuts and play them on the air... I requested KW and CB and they told me they would play it... Then ten mins later they go on the air and say they had a request from me for STP and they played Meatplow lol

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 05:08:17 AM »
What radio stations? We lost Q101 in Chicago last summer, and they played STP all the time. Not just the usuals. You'd hear Lady Picture Show, Tumble in the Rough, and Unglued to name a few.

Since they went under, I don't think I've listened to the radio since then. The Loop went to a classic rock format. 93XRT used to play Between the Lines CONSTANTLY.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 06:40:14 AM »
What radio stations? We lost Q101 in Chicago last summer, and they played STP all the time. Not just the usuals. You'd hear Lady Picture Show, Tumble in the Rough, and Unglued to name a few.

Since they went under, I don't think I've listened to the radio since then. The Loop went to a classic rock format. 93XRT used to play Between the Lines CONSTANTLY.
Yeah I'm with you here too

We Just lost the Buzz and believe me it hasen't been easy. The Buzz would play all kinds of STP now that I think of it but either way now all we have is Top 40 stations

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 03:46:44 PM »

We Just lost the Buzz and believe me it hasen't been easy. The Buzz would play all kinds of STP now that I think of it but either way now all we have is Top 40 stations

I remember hearing about that... And I believe it got replaced by some crappy pop station that markets to teenage girls and women in their 20's?

Ever since I got the piece that plays my Ipod in my car I have been ignoring radio stations for the most part for several years now. One of the greatest purchases I ever made lol

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »

I remember hearing about that... And I believe it got replaced by some crappy pop station that markets to teenage girls and women in their 20's?

Ever since I got the piece that plays my Ipod in my car I have been ignoring radio stations for the most part for several years now. One of the greatest purchases I ever made lol
Yeah Same here or I do Series XM When I can

although what I am Going to miss is they had Buzz bakesale every year(Their yearly Concert they put on). it's depressing as hell

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2012, 03:15:44 AM »

That's awesome.... I wonder why Hazy Daze of all songs though? Was it a special request?

They were doing this thing on the radio a few years back where they would take request for deep album cuts and play them on the air... I requested KW and CB and they told me they would play it... Then ten mins later they go on the air and say they had a request from me for STP and they played Meatplow lol

They most probably never heard of Kitchenware and Candbars before and checked it out.  Chances are that they enjoyed it, but they didn't know how to snip the hidden track out in time to play on the air.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 06:32:46 AM »

It was not, they don't take request. After hearing Hazy Daze I bombarded them with Peacoat requests, no luck.
I guess they liked S/T, it got a lot of airplays. Besides BTL and TALO did it well on rankings. And it was chosen one of the five best records of the year ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"