October 01, 2024, 08:37:03 AM

Author Topic: Radio's most played STP song's  (Read 9165 times)

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
Re: Radio's most played STP song's
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 03:13:05 AM »
Here in Tampa STP is always in heavy rotation... You can hear up to 5 STP songs a day alone ( they play the same songs every day pretty much in general too lol )

Plush, Acoustic Plush, ILS, Trippin, Vasoline,Big Empty, Creep, STT

They all get played alot... but if I had to narrow it down to the most played I would say Plush... What a surprise right?
LUCKYYYY

They just Cut off our Alternative Rock Station and replaced it with a top 40 Station

what hurts me the most is they have a Yearly concert "Buzz Bakesale" Which is something too look forward too they have had some OK bands to perform(Chevelle Disturbed Seether Korn Foo Fighters) and Of Course I don't think that's going to happen
either way I Digress

but luckily for me There is XM radio

They have a Channel Dedicated to 90s alternative and Grunge and they play all kinds of STP  from Core to NO 4.I LOVE IT

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 03:37:10 AM »
I don't listen to the radio nearly as much as I used to, but when I do it's not uncommon to still hear Plush, Interstate, and Vasoline. I still hear other hits such as Trippin, Big Empty, and Wicked Garden as well and for some reason, Unglued. I know that was a minor hit but you'd think by the way they play it in the Baltimore/DC area it was a bigger hit. As for songs from self-titled, I think I heard Between The Lines and Take a Load Off twice each well over a year ago :/
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 03:47:55 AM »
Man they really beat the hell out of the three Purple hits here.

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 03:54:01 AM »
Man they really beat the hell out of the three Purple hits here.
I Expect that with that one and Core and a little bit of Tiny music

I wish NO 4 and Shangri Got more love

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 04:50:32 AM »
Plush is definitley the most played, but STP gets a good bit of play here in Myrtle Beach. I would say maybe ten times between both of our rock stations. The songs that are played the most are nothing surprising. Plush, Creep, Crackerman*, Wicked Garden, Dead & Bloated, Sex Type Thing, Vasoline, Interstate Love Song, Big Empty, Unglued*, Pretty Penny**, Trippin, Lady Picture Show**, Big Bang Baby**, Down, Sour Girl**, Between The Lines***.
*= not too much **= rare occasions ***= never hear it anymore, do not even remember the last time

Wow, sounds like you have a pretty decent rock station or two in your area. For them to at least play most of those STP tunes you listed at one time or another is great!

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 05:08:11 AM »
Only Plush lol! and Wicked Garden in an ad :P (India)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »
Here on KROQ and 98.7 in LA I hear: Plush, Vasoline, Wicked Garden, Interstate Love Song, Creep, and Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart.  All of them get pretty good airplay.  Big Empty and Sex Type Thing I hear sometimes.  Plush is definitely the most played though.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 05:58:35 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that the major rock station in Baltimore plays the "Dancing Days" cover fairly often. I hear it at least once a month and I really don't listen to the radio all that much to begin with.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
I only heard them play Plush a few times here, it's quite rare to hear STP on the radio in the Netherlands.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 07:34:17 PM »
I don't listen to radio. But there was a time when I did. I've heard Plush, Wicked Garden, Vasoline, Creep, ILS, STT, Big Empty, BTL, TALO, Hazy Days, Cinnamon, Trippin', Lady Picture Show, Big Bang Baby (Missing Cleveland, it was weird, so had to mention it)
Don't remember listening to D&B or Crackerman.
Can't really tell which has the heaviest rotation, sorry... Maybe I should take a risk and listen to the radio again :P
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 08:20:13 PM »
I don't listen to radio. But there was a time when I did. I've heard Plush, Wicked Garden, Vasoline, Creep, ILS, STT, Big Empty, BTL, TALO, Hazy Days, Cinnamon, Trippin', Lady Picture Show, Big Bang Baby (Missing Cleveland, it was weird, so had to mention it)
Can't really tell which has the heaviest rotation, sorry... Maybe I should take a risk and listen to the radio again :P

Rock & Pop, I presume?

I don't really listen to the radio, except when I'm in the car with my dad, and then it's Aspen all the time (a radio that plays classics and adult contemporary music), so I don't usually hear STP...I'd be willing to give the new radio Vorterix a try...I've been told it's pretty good and they play mostly rock, so I'll tell you if any STP shows up...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »

Rock & Pop, I presume?

Yeap, do we have another? haha
Except for Missing Cleveland, this was on Kabul, remember it? That radio also did a Scott Weiland special of two hours once.

BTW the first time I've heard Creep on the radio was on Aspen
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »

Rock & Pop, I presume?

Yeap, do we have another? haha
Except for Missing Cleveland, this was on Kabul, remember it? That radio also did a Scott Weiland special of two hours once.

BTW the first time I've heard Creep on the radio was on Aspen

Yeah, I remember Kabul...really? Well, somebody there must have been a fan ;)
Now apparently we will have a new radio, Mario Pergolini left Rock & Pop to make his own radio, called Vorterix, it seems promising: http://www.vorterix.com/

I never catched an STP song on Aspen yet...I will have to do something about that! :P
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
I recently moved away from Austin, but down there I would hear D&B and Trippin' on 101X a lot.  However, they generally played a lot of STP. 

It was nice!

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 11:15:31 PM »
So after saying my local radio stations very rarely play Lady Picture Show, I hop into my car today and it just happens to be the second song I hear.

MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14