September 21, 2024, 01:32:51 PM

Author Topic: "Core 20th Anniversary" topic  (Read 32519 times)

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Don't ask me questions I don't need no alibis.
    • View Profile
Re: "Core 20th Anniversary" topic
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »
The average STP fan would hate it. They don't want to hear songs they don't know. STP is either not a band that can pull off playing a full album or really don't have the fans that want to listen to something from front to back. Megadeth can pull it off, Metallica can.....for STP it won't work. When I saw them a couple weeks ago people got pissed when they played tunes like Black Again and Still Remains because they never heard them. I would be more than surprised if it happens.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2012, 02:42:27 PM »
The average STP fan would hate it. They don't want to hear songs they don't know. STP is either not a band that can pull off playing a full album or really don't have the fans that want to listen to something from front to back. Megadeth can pull it off, Metallica can.....for STP it won't work. When I saw them a couple weeks ago people got pissed when they played tunes like Black Again and Still Remains because they never heard them. I would be more than surprised if it happens.
I disagree. Yes, tons of people like their other stuff, but the amount of people who only liked Core or loved the whole album is pretty tremendous too. I like the other albums just fine, but Core is the be all end all for me. Purple is great, Tiny Music is good, No. 4 is great, and ST is pretty good too, sure. Core though, front to back, absolute perfection. A lot of people think that way too, maybe not so many here, but the point remains. The intention the band had confessed was to play the full album, so I don't see why they wouldn't. Hell, I even read that the band couldn't wait to play Where The River Goes again. Either way, I'd be surprised if they didnt go through with it.

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2012, 05:06:17 AM »
I disagree. Yes, tons of people like their other stuff, but the amount of people who only liked Core or loved the whole album is pretty tremendous too. I like the other albums just fine, but Core is the be all end all for me. Purple is great, Tiny Music is good, No. 4 is great, and ST is pretty good too, sure. Core though, front to back, absolute perfection. A lot of people think that way too, maybe not so many here, but the point remains. The intention the band had confessed was to play the full album, so I don't see why they wouldn't. Hell, I even read that the band couldn't wait to play Where The River Goes again. Either way, I'd be surprised if they didnt go through with it.

Hey I am with you I would dig it. Before I saw them at Bethel I would not have thought different but the crowd there seemed pretty harsh on them especially on the tunes that were not the big hits.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »
according to stps site they have only 8 shows left of this mini tour. so i wonder what will happen after these few shows. maybe a interview? maybe new album talk? also i assume if their going to play core front to back, it would have to be at one of these 8 shows left?

id just be happy if we get a good ol interview with the deleo bros soon.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
according to stps site they have only 8 shows left of this mini tour. so i wonder what will happen after these few shows. maybe a interview? maybe new album talk? also i assume if their going to play core front to back, it would have to be at one of these 8 shows left?

id just be happy if we get a good ol interview with the deleo bros soon.

I'll put money on an interview, maybe. Perhaps more talk about an album, but nothing will come of it. Other than that, there will be nothing in terms of Core 20.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »
Guess the idea of a Core 20 series of shows or even just one show is slowly dwindling.
adhesive love

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »
I don't expect anything at this point.
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2012, 02:37:53 AM »
Shouldn't really be surprising to anyone who has been a fan for any length of time. STP's entire MO for years has been making announcements and claims they are either unwilling or unable to follow through on.

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2012, 02:39:14 AM »
None of this has surprised me at all...

Even if I did really want to see a new live rendition of Naked Sunday.... :c
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »
Well this may not be entirely dead, I guess they just forgot how to count...

Dean mentioned in an interview on September, 18th, 2012: "I think next summer we'll probably do a nice big, big tour commemorating the 20th anniversary of that and then maybe go out and take some requests"
Here's the link http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=179644

My money is on this gets pushed back to the "25th" anniversary tour and it happens in 7 years and the La Dee Da documentary comes out then too, along with another Christmas album and tell all book, and a cook book and a core coffee table........yep just a core coffee table....

Here's to hoping the world stays intact for another year! :)

lowbuz

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2012, 06:40:03 AM »
I hope they will be around next summer. I feel after this go around that ....poor performances, poor ticket sales, late start times....etc., that this could signal a possible end.
I know they can turn it around if they come out swinging.....but will they......
Please no haters....I am not hating. I have been a fan since the get, and I have seen them many times.....I saw them this go around and I have the right to say what I have said. They are better then they have represented themselves out to be this summer.
Fingers crossed...

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2012, 02:36:52 PM »
Shouldn't really be surprising to anyone who has been a fan for any length of time. STP's entire MO for years has been making announcements and claims they are either unwilling or unable to follow through on.

So sad yet so true.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »
I hope they will be around next summer. I feel after this go around that ....poor performances, poor ticket sales, late start times....etc., that this could signal a possible end.
I know they can turn it around if they come out swinging.....but will they......
Please no haters....I am not hating. I have been a fan since the get, and I have seen them many times.....I saw them this go around and I have the right to say what I have said. They are better then they have represented themselves out to be this summer.
Fingers crossed...

I wouldn't read too much into things in the world of STP, this band has always had its issues, now they just seem to be different than they we're, but still issues. Even if they do take a break, all that means is we have to wait a few more years before another reunion and or album, yes I want a new album and a tour where it seems like their heart is in it (Scott). But they have to do what they think is best for them and I'll always support that, even if I disagree with the choices they make, their all still alive and rocking, so its all good. Tomorrow is never a guarantee and I'm happy that they got back together in 2008 and I was able to vibe with them in time together again. This reunion didn't have to happen. A lot of bands from that period don't really even have the choice of reuniting with all the original members and even drop a new mind blowing album with all original members.

That being said lets get a new album out that they actually promote on time with all the appropriate avenues one can utilize this day and age.

-ChaseR

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »
I'm kind of hoping for the band to take an extended break. I think Scott needs to unwind and flourish his solo career; thats where his true passion is at the moment. He put more effort into marketing his Christmas album than the self titled STP album. I'm actually one of the few who honestly enjoyed the Christmas album for what it was.

Let Rob release his long gestating solo album.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2012, 11:53:20 PM »
How about doing Core acoustically.  I think Alanis Morisette did this with her big album.  Sounded cool.