September 21, 2024, 11:45:07 AM

Author Topic: "Core 20th Anniversary" topic  (Read 32508 times)

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
Re: "Core 20th Anniversary" topic
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
Are you saying they never re-record Only Dying doesnt exist?  Or they never recorded a song called Only Dying, because it was on there demo

I'm saying that I don't think they re-recorded the song from the demo. I think Big Empty was originally titled Only Dying, like others have speculated. Like I said, though, I hope I'm proven wrong.
Hey in that case, maybe they can re-record Only Dying now. Scott can bust out his baritone voice to make all those hard-Core fans happy finally.

BINGO! Right on the nose, that's what I'm talking about! Haha. I'd like to hear a new and polished re-record of the MJY "Fast as I can" too. That's just me though, I don't know if anyone else enjoys that track nearly as much as I do. Haha.

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2012, 12:57:13 AM »
Are you saying they never re-record Only Dying doesnt exist?  Or they never recorded a song called Only Dying, because it was on there demo

I'm saying that I don't think they re-recorded the song from the demo. I think Big Empty was originally titled Only Dying, like others have speculated. Like I said, though, I hope I'm proven wrong.
Hey in that case, maybe they can re-record Only Dying now. Scott can bust out his baritone voice to make all those hard-Core fans happy finally.

BINGO! Right on the nose, that's what I'm talking about! Haha. I'd like to hear a new and polished re-record of the MJY "Fast as I can" too. That's just me though, I don't know if anyone else enjoys that track nearly as much as I do. Haha.

I'll give ya props for that one. All their funk stuff was fantastic. But nothing will ever top Love Machine 8)
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2012, 02:36:22 AM »
You know, maybe No. 7 goes in the funkier direction... would be kinda cool.
adhesive love

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2012, 03:38:49 AM »
+21

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2012, 04:01:32 AM »
+21
You know, I don't think I'd have a problem with that haha. It'd be pretty cool, you know Scott still has that funk bone in him somewhere too, he probably wouldn't mind it depending on his mood on the days they record. Fast As I can is a sweet track, love machine, dirty dog, funk to the max. You know those funk songs would have some killer bass lines and quick drum solo's too, it would kind of shift focus a little bit. I think it'd be a cool experiment for STP!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2012, 04:13:17 AM »
I can hear see the "copying the Chillis" reviews already

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2012, 04:33:20 AM »
+21
You know, I don't think I'd have a problem with that haha. It'd be pretty cool, you know Scott still has that funk bone in him somewhere too, he probably wouldn't mind it depending on his mood on the days they record. Fast As I can is a sweet track, love machine, dirty dog, funk to the max. You know those funk songs would have some killer bass lines and quick drum solo's too, it would kind of shift focus a little bit. I think it'd be a cool experiment for STP!

HOT SAUCE!

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2012, 04:48:40 AM »
+21

*During the "Trippin" solo "Robert Deleo, the man who put the funk back in the rock n roll, bring that shit back"- Scott Weiland @ Virgin Fest '08

And forget the reviews. This funk album has been a looooong time coming. Rob neeeeeeds to do this, he probably has 7billion funk ideas.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2012, 10:44:57 PM »
+21

*During the "Trippin" solo "Robert Deleo, the man who put the funk back in the rock n roll, bring that shit back"- Scott Weiland @ Virgin Fest '08

And forget the reviews. This funk album has been a looooong time coming. Rob neeeeeeds to do this, he probably has 7billion funk ideas.

Heck yeah, that's what I'm saying! I would be cool with a funk rock record. It'd be amazing. They definitely won't be copying the chillis lol. They have got their own formulaic style of doing things. Just look at "Fast As I Can", does that sound like RHCP track? Heck no. It'd be a whole other entity, a whole styling all it's own. Plus, now that the band has done a lot together, everything from Hard Grunge, Melodic Alternative, Neo-Psychedelia, Nu-Metal, 70's-like rock, even Pop rock, they know how to work together and really focus on an idea. Maybe it's time they added funk rock to their already long list of stylings. Hoping against hope that they somehow catch wind of all this lol.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 01:13:03 AM »

Yep, because STP gets nothing but great reviews already. Forget the reviews. I think now is the time where they should not be afraid to be as ambitious as they want to be. I think a funk album would be awesome!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:22:36 AM by MrKerosene »
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2012, 03:53:18 AM »
Wasn't STP rumoured to play Sunfest in Florida? I saw on their FB page they are announcing their lineup tomorrow.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2012, 04:32:52 PM »
Wasn't STP rumoured to play Sunfest in Florida? I saw on their FB page they are announcing their lineup tomorrow.

Here is the lineup, no STP though :(

http://lineup.sunfest.com/
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

luba

• Flight Attendant
  • most of time between the lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

Weird, i didn'd have the idea of other STP fans also liking the Chili Peppers before I started to visit this forum. Maybe it's because Dean DeLeo and Frusciante put so much feeling on the guitars and that makes the bands vibes different, because musically speaking both bands are just great but obviously so far away from each other. But both have their own space in my mind, my heart and in my CD shelf.
You are the one that keeps me real

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »
I just read this...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-DeLeo/52366448461

Robert DeLeo
9 hours ago
Scott Weiland is on complete vocal rest, so the band are waiting to celebrate the 20th Core anniversary.

I don't think this page is official or anything like that, so, make of it what you will...

This doesn't make much sense to me, considering that Scott has been resting since January (at least that we know of)...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
That is weird. im pretty sure the band has been on break for months now, not doing really anything. at least from what dean said in that radio interview. i gotta say this is a weird year so far for stp. no news, no music, no interviews except the one with dean. all we know is that theres gonna be some special shows for core thats it. which is why i want this year over with if thats the case.