September 21, 2024, 12:06:22 PM

Author Topic: "Core 20th Anniversary" topic  (Read 32511 times)

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: "Core 20th Anniversary" topic
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:20 AM »
STP (well, primarily Rob and Dean) is FAMOUS for writing vast amount of stuff that gets shelved.  I'd imagine picking any one song and hoping it can "be leaked" is not terribly lucky.

I've been on a lot of the inside-track with these releases and leaks over the years, and I've never heard any tangible rumblings that this recording exists in any kind of mature form.

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 03:20:30 AM »
STP (well, primarily Rob and Dean) is FAMOUS for writing vast amount of stuff that gets shelved.  I'd imagine picking any one song and hoping it can "be leaked" is not terribly lucky.

I've been on a lot of the inside-track with these releases and leaks over the years, and I've never heard any tangible rumblings that this recording exists in any kind of mature form.

John, where have you gone?
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 03:26:29 AM »

John, where have you gone?
I sit at home 'cause I'm able.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »
^^ that is amazing. Haha.

Always good to "see" you again, John. :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »
I thought it was theorized that, as Scott did with, say, Piece of Pie, the name Only Dying came back, but was actually Big Empty--and the title changed to conform with the sensitivities of the postmortem release of The Crow.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »
I thought it was theorized that, as Scott did with, say, Piece of Pie, the name Only Dying came back, but was actually Big Empty--and the title changed to conform with the sensitivities of the postmortem release of The Crow.

Dish_Diva says: BelowEmpty2 asks: Will you ever release the MJY song   "Shattered" as a b-side or something? That song is awesome!

Robert_DeLeo says: I don't know what song you are talking about
  Robert_DeLeo says: Oh....that song we did as Mighty Joe Young,....
  Robert_DeLeo says: that song is really called Only Dying
  Robert_DeLeo says: and parts of that song were used to connect pieces of other songs together
  Robert_DeLeo says: if you listen....one part was used as a bridge to Piece of Pie

Dean_DeLeo says: the intro was used again somewhere.
  Dean_DeLeo says: .
  Dean_DeLeo says: The song was disected because we were approached to give a song to the Crow soundtrack
  Dean_DeLeo says: and we had to give them that as the other weren't ready
  Dean_DeLeo says: .

That's from an old MSN chat transcript (that can be found on this very websites Articles Library I might add.) Sounds to me like they recorded Only Dying for the Crow because they hadn't yet written any of the new songs for Purple. By the time Brandon Lee died, they had written Big Empty, so they switched to that song.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

timryanokane

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »
If they could get Brendan O'Brien to remix and remaster Core like he did on TEN for Pearl Jam a few years back, that would be AMAZING.  THAT updated version sounded incredible compared to the original...

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
^^ that is amazing. Haha.

Always good to "see" you again, John. :)
I'm always lurking around!

If they could get Brendan O'Brien to remix and remaster Core like he did on TEN for Pearl Jam a few years back, that would be AMAZING.  THAT updated version sounded incredible compared to the original...
The difference is, Core doesn't need the update nearly as bad as Ten did.  Core is still a fairly clean production.  Ten sounded like it was recorded in a cathedral in some places.

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
I am excited about this.  Core is my favorite STP album.  Purple is my second favorite.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »
I think Core is a great album and all, but Im not really looking forward to this, Id only want to get Only Dyiong studio version released and a brand spanking new album
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:33:57 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »
I think Core is a great album and all, but Im not really looking forward to this, Id only want to get Only Dyiong studio version released and a brand panking new album

I'm starting to believe that the re-recorded "Only Dying" was actually "Big Empty" before it got it's name. I hope I'm wrong.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »
Are you saying they never re-record Only Dying doesnt exist?  Or they never recorded a song called Only Dying, because it was on there demo
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
Are you saying they never re-record Only Dying doesnt exist?  Or they never recorded a song called Only Dying, because it was on there demo

I'm saying that I don't think they re-recorded the song from the demo. I think Big Empty was originally titled Only Dying, like others have speculated. Like I said, though, I hope I'm proven wrong.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2012, 10:20:24 PM »

I'm saying that I don't think they re-recorded the song from the demo. I think Big Empty was originally titled Only Dying, like others have speculated. Like I said, though, I hope I'm proven wrong.

Hey in that case, maybe they can re-record Only Dying now. Scott can bust out his baritone voice to make all those hard-Core fans happy finally.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/