September 24, 2024, 09:26:56 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland feeling holiday spirit  (Read 16047 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland feeling holiday spirit
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 05:31:53 PM »
I don’t mean to be overly critical, but I just get a strange  feeling when I watch this.  It’s not the  um’s and ah’s that bother me (I hear that stuff all day at work); rather, I  just have a sense that he’s not completely…present?  To see what I mean, look at him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=GyMdTMN_VkA

Plenty of um’s, ah’s, ya know’s, and pauses, but to me,  there is no question—he is 100% there.

I showed the CNN clip to a few people who are unfamiliar with  Scott.  No one had any idea what I was  talking about.  The general consensus was  that it is “a very nice holiday message from a guy who seems a little nervous  and shy.”

Honestly, I’m glad most of you think I’m wrong.  I really hope I am.
Exactly.  Mentally he's not there.  I dont know what is the cause, but its obvious to me.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 05:35:57 PM »
Scott doesn't live with his kids I think, so it is not surprising that there is a subtext of sorrowfulness behind what he says about Xmas. If i'd lost everything he has in the last decade, i'd be depressed too.

That said, everybody has their ups and downs, all things considered I'd say he seems to be doing pretty well in that clip.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »
Let's also not forget that he lost his brother.

The holidays can be a very sad time for those who have lost someone close to them.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 06:58:13 PM »
Watching this, I feel happy and a little sad.  I certainly grew teary eyed at the end when Scott is talking about wishing peace to everyone for Christmas.  It is a feeling like he is truly and supremely humbled and coming from the heart...a heart that holds a great deal of regret and pain along with a certain desperate wistfulness for peace, love and joy to enter his own life.  I know how that feels and that is why I am touched by this video.  I can feel that he is trying SO HARD to hold on, look ahead and be hopeful...and a part of him probably IS hopeful, optimistic and feeling blessed...while another part of him is constantly fighting...Anyone who has lived with clinical depression will know what I am talking about.  Even when we are truly happy and having a good day, a good month, good year, etc, there will always be that darkness looming somewhere nearby just waiting for a moment of vulnerability.  Perhaps I am just being a sentimental gal, but that is the bittersweet vibe I get from this. 

Now, as for that dreadful makeup, what the hell?  Scott is such a handsome, stylish man.  For the life of me, I cannot comprehend the full on face of foundation, blush, lip stain, eyeliner and penciled-in eyebrows.  Five and ten years ago, Scott looked hot as fuck with guyliner, but before now, I don't recall ever seeing him with a full face of bad stage makeup, (excluding his times of dressing in "drag" in the 90s).  This looks off like the makeup one might see on a senile, sickly elderly old lady.  That is unsettling and I don't get it. 

p.s.  I wonder if that other music vid is going to be released?  The one for "I'll Be Home For Christmas." 
Are you good and lubed up?

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »
He definitely sounds better than what we've been hearing lately, and it makes me feel glad, so nice to hear and see. The makeup is horrible but that's other issue :P
However, from some time now his eyes always look like if there was something missing... I'd like to find it and give it to him as soon as possible.

"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Elvis

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 09:57:59 PM »
Its called xanax and vodka.

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
He definitely sounds better than what we've been hearing lately, and it makes me feel glad, so nice to hear and see. The makeup is horrible but that's other issue :P
However, from some time now his eyes always look like if there was something missing... I'd like to find it and give it to him as soon as possible.

Yes, the "sparkle"...his unique charisma...the fire seems to be out of his eyes.  It could be any number of things, but I wouldn't speculate or make unfair assumptions, (like the comment above).  The good news is that as long as Scott is of sound mind, body and spirit, with time and joy, that sparkle can and probably will return.  I really look forward to seeing him on fire again!  It is such a lovely sight.   :-*

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:02 AM »

p.s.  I wonder if that other music vid is going to be released?  The one for "I'll Be Home For Christmas."

It has been released already...here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9w1dmNtsc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 03:06:33 AM »
I don’t mean to be overly critical, but I just get a strange  feeling when I watch this.  It’s not the  um’s and ah’s that bother me (I hear that stuff all day at work); rather, I  just have a sense that he’s not completely…present?  To see what I mean, look at him here:

Plenty of um’s, ah’s, ya know’s, and pauses, but to me,  there is no question—he is 100% there.

I showed the CNN clip to a few people who are unfamiliar with  Scott.  No one had any idea what I was  talking about.  The general consensus was  that it is “a very nice holiday message from a guy who seems a little nervous  and shy.”

Exactly.  Mentally he's not there.  I dont know what is the cause, but its obvious to me.

I don't know why we're the only ones to see it.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »

I don't know why we're the only ones to see it.

I see it after watching it again today. The fact that he's struggles to get his own name out jumped out at me.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 03:26:56 AM »
Heavy editing tell me it was another rough interview.  It's like they edited him mid sentence on a couple of occasions.  Good luck to Scott!

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 04:22:06 AM »
To STP92, I don't really think he struggled to say his own name at all...I've heard him pronounce it in that slow kind of mumble several times over the years
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 07:38:06 AM »

It has been released already...here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9w1dmNtsc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Thanks for that link, Manxita.  Shortly after I posted that question, I saw that the vid was back "up," after being "down" for a bit. 

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »
Watching this, I feel happy and a little sad.  I certainly grew teary eyed at the end when Scott is talking about wishing peace to everyone for Christmas.  It is a feeling like he is truly and supremely humbled and coming from the heart...a heart that holds a great deal of regret and pain along with a certain desperate wistfulness for peace, love and joy to enter his own life.  I know how that feels and that is why I am touched by this video.  I can feel that he is trying SO HARD to hold on, look ahead and be hopeful...and a part of him probably IS hopeful, optimistic and feeling blessed...while another part of him is constantly fighting...Anyone who has lived with clinical depression will know what I am talking about.  Even when we are truly happy and having a good day, a good month, good year, etc, there will always be that darkness looming somewhere nearby just waiting for a moment of vulnerability.  Perhaps I am just being a sentimental gal, but that is the bittersweet vibe I get from this. 

Not sentimental at all, I think you are spot on.

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »
WAAF's Radio kind of making fun of Scott's CNN interview:

http://www.waaf.com/Scott-Weiland-is-full-of-Spirit-s--/11304434?pid=189249
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"