October 04, 2024, 03:25:57 AM

Author Topic: STP working on new album this month!  (Read 10316 times)

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP working on new album this month!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 02:08:19 AM »
Im very excited for the next record self titled was beyond amazing! u guys heard scott he said he expects the band to start working on riffs already. it would be awsome to have this record in the summer just like the last record. it would be exactly 2 years apart and thats cool that stp is playin special shows for core but to be honest id much rather hear new material live. i wish they would rock more songs from self titled id kill to hear that album live.
Maybe for the self-titled album's 20th anniversary in 2030 they will play it live in it's entirety:)  I wonder if Purple will get the same treatment as Core.  As for the possibility of a new album in 2012, I'm gonna be optimistic and get my hopes way up by believing we will be enjoying new STP material sometime before the end of 2012.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 11:12:16 PM »
However, a 2012 release sounds impossible.

Why do you say that?

When it comes to releases, STP is not the fastest band. We are already in 2012 and they haven't even started. Early 2013 is more likely. Besides, if they are actually planning doing something for Core anniversary, would be a horrible idea to release new material the same year. Themselves would be casting a shadow of the past over their new stuff.

On the other hand, what ever happened with the 5 songs they had -according to Eric-? They had already started
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Tuf_Duff In Chains

• Sky Captain
  • THE Man in The Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2011, 06:01:05 AM »

Why do you say that?

When it comes to releases, STP is not the fastest band. We are already in 2012 and they haven't even started. Early 2013 is more likely. Besides, if they are actually planning doing something for Core anniversary, would be a horrible idea to release new material the same year. Themselves would be casting a shadow of the past over their new stuff.

On the other hand, what ever happened with the 5 songs they had -according to Eric-? They had already started
Hey I'm happy as long as their coming out with one you never know they could make it a two disc set like Scott wanted to with Shangri-la-dee-da.

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »

Why do you say that?

I don't see the Core tour lasting all year long though. If anything the re edition of Core would hype up the the fanbase and be a great set up for No. 7. I'm definitely willing to get my hopes up here and say a new album will come out in late 2012.
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 06:20:06 PM »

Why do you say that?

I don't see the Core tour lasting all year long though. If anything the re edition of Core would hype up the the fanbase and be a great set up for No. 7. I'm definitely willing to get my hopes up here and say a new album will come out in late 2012.

You youngsters are so optimistic :)

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

robrhre

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Grab the hate and drown it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »
I know I am getting WAY ahead, but do you think they will do a PURPLE TOUR for it's 20th in 2014. I mean that album is easily as good and important as Core if not better. Perhaps it is not as important because Core did put them on the map, but it is just as good or better.
MM 3/10/09 STP 10/6/09 EC 6/19/10 SP7/16/10
STP 10/19/10 3EB 5/11/11 B182 8/12/11
Godsmack 8/16/11 Incubus 9/17/11
Foo's 11/8/11 Bush 12/2/11 JA 3/10/12 Bush 8/1/12
3DG 10/27/12 SW 11/29/12 SW 3/11/13 SW 8-20-13 Pepper 9/14/13 CTE 10/25/13 AM! 1/15/14 Weezer 4/1/14

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »
I know I am getting WAY ahead, but do you think they will do a PURPLE TOUR for it's 20th in 2014. I mean that album is easily as good and important as Core if not better. Perhaps it is not as important because Core did put them on the map, but it is just as good or better.

Couldn't agree more.
I got a picture of a photograph ...

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »

With this band, you have to take it one day at a time. If you don't realize that now, you will sooner or later.

Personally, I would rather see them perform Tiny, but I know that's pretty much a snowball's chance in hell. Between Core and Purple, I'd rather hear Purple.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »

With this band, you have to take it one day at a time. If you don't realize that now, you will sooner or later.

Personally, I would rather see them perform Tiny, but I know that's pretty much a snowball's chance in hell. Between Core and Purple, I'd rather hear Purple.

good god, i would pay a king's ransom to see that.

Looking ahead to 2014 with STP is like looking ahead to the playoffs as a Giants fan every year. Regardless of what's already happened during the year you have absolutely no idea what lies ahead. I'm just hoping there's a 2012 in which the band doesn't announce they've gone their separate ways
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.