October 02, 2024, 08:23:56 PM

Author Topic: "Winter Wonderland" Video  (Read 19979 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Winter Wonderland" Video
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2011, 09:38:13 AM »
Well, Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld often shows "goofy" youtube videos during the show.  People doing weird stuff, people looking stupid, stupid pet videos.

Today, one of those videos was Winter Wonderland.

Andy Levy said "He assaulted my ears worse than Bing Crosby assaulted his children."

I actually laughed since, well, I know the album sucks.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2011, 12:03:43 PM »
 All I can say is this reminds me of the Andy Griffith show and Scott is Opie on a sleigh ride with the neighbours.  LOL
I guess after all the divorce and vr soap opera plus over coming some very serious issues in life it was a bigger mountain that 99% of us would not be able to over come.  He finally deserves to be happy at christmas and is not afraid but proud to enjoy this season which is very hard on a huge percent of the pouplation.  Especially ones with split homes and alcohol and pill dependancies just to get through Christmas.
 The whole world is a different place and in my eyes evil and even all the holidays are run by marketing and corporations. two weeks after halloween there's already Christmas crap in the stores. SICKENING!!!!!!! It is ruined for kids and adults alike and honestly takes the joy out of the suprise of santa,easter bunny,etc. for the children They are 10times smarter nowadays and even 6,7,8 year old know that santa lives in the back of Meijer's and not the North Pole.
 Atleast he is trying to spread joy the old fashioned way in an already mass marketing,computer controlled word. People really should stop knocking the dude for probably the first time in his life he is enjoying Christmas due to his long going problematic life.
hawk
ps. Personaly I keep waiting to hear one these damn christmas songs kick into unglued like back on SNL but I'm just a dreamer living in the past.

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
Great post, Hawk. 

Though I must admit that I never believed in Santa or the Easter Bunny and I am a child of the 80s.  Still, I agree with everything else that you wrote. 
Are you good and lubed up?

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »
 Thanks ST!!!!! Atleast someone understands his life and what he has gone through and over come. People in this forum don't hesitate to knock the guy on their first instinct without any meaning behind their insults.  It very easy to say "It sucks,or stupid,or gay,etc.
 There is actually a very secret but positive message behind the Christmas lp and from Scott and  seems to be content and very happy finally for the first time in his life. Especially when he was in VR and always mentioned about the empty seat at Christmas diner where his brother was supposed to be sitting at.
 I'm very hapy for the guy and all of you should be too because it honestly means we are gonna have some great STP,SWB,etc shows for years to come. Just listen to how powerful his voice is from those Mexico,Brazil and Argentina shows.  TOP OF HIS GAME like I have never heard before. Unbelievable vocal power.
 Just listen to this show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbL88uxM6WM   
He caries the notes farther than I have ever heard.  I'll be upping the whole Chile show in HD 1920by1080 soon because it is unfrickin believable.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:45:52 PM by hawk900 »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »
Thanks ST!!!!! Atleast someone understands his life and what he has gone through and over come. People in this forum don't hesitate to knock the guy on their first instinct without any meaning behind their insults.  It very easy to say "It sucks,or stupid,or gay,etc.
 There is actually a very secret but positive message behind the Christmas lp and from Scott and  seems to be content and very happy finally for the first time in his life. Especially when he was in VR and always mentioned about the empty seat at Christmas diner where his brother was supposed to be sitting at.
 I'm very hapy for the guy and all of you should be too because it honestly means we are gonna have some great STP,SWB,etc shows for years to come. Just listen to how powerful his voice is from those Mexico,Brazil and Argentina shows.  TOP OF HIS GAME like I have never heard before. Unbelievable vocal power.
 Just listen to this show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbL88uxM6WM   
He caries the notes farther than I have ever heard.  I'll be upping the whole Chile show in HD 1920by1080 soon because it is unfrickin believable.

Trust me hawk, the guy isn't happy.  I saw the guy in person and you could tell something was off.  That has nothing to do with the release of the Christmas album though, I'm sure he has his reasons.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2011, 07:20:59 PM »
Sorry, hawk but you've never been more wrong.
Take it.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
I'm sorry, but he doesn't sound as vocally strong in the South American shows as he did when he had the string of kick-ass performances during the summer.  Way too nassally and that is how he is able to carry the notes longer.  And he is bi-polar so his mood is always changing.  I have family members that suffer from this problem and it is always an emotional rollercoaster with them.  They are either on a high or a low, no in between.

I, personally, have a problem with some people knowing what is wrong with Scott and not coming out and saying it. 

We all know that he doesn't think his drinking is a problem.  If he can exuse one drug, he'll defiantly exuse another.  I believe that he feels that since he has kicked heroin, any other drug is not as bad.  Someone defiantly needs to help him.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:39:57 PM by DeadAndNotForSale »
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
I'm sorry, but he doesn't sound as vocally strong in the South American shows as he did when he had the string of kick-ass performances during the summer.  Way too nassally and that is how is able to carry the notes longer.  And he is bi-polar so his mood is always changing.  I have family members that suffer from this problem and it is always an emotional rollercoaster with them.  They are either on a high or a low, no in between.

I, personally, have a problem with some people knowing what is wrong with Scott and not coming out in say it. 

We all know that he doesn't think his drinking is a problem.  If he can exuse one drug, he'll defiantly exuse another.  I believe that he feels that since he has kicked heroin, any other drug is not as bad.  Someone defiantly needs to help him.
I 100% agree.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »
 Oh course something is wrong and he is a dude kinda like myself who bottles up everything inside.  My personal opinion is just put yourself in his shoes. He is handling this holiday season better than he has in his entire career and is expressing his emotion through the magic of song.
 He comes from a split home,lost his best friend(bro),divorce,whole world watching every move he makes plus much much more and has kids.
 Meeting someone I don't care how many times means shit. He will never tell you what is bottled up inside him. In public interviews ,personal sit downs, he won't even come close to letting you know what the little boy Scott is really all about.
 I've seen Scott shows since 93 and his attitude even when he was just a beer pot smoker was always politely"FUCK Christmas" which stems from his up bringing.  Just look at the first televised unglued is a slight hint.
 Now with all the mountains he has over come, like chemicals,his kids custody, divorce and god aweful support payments.
 Sorry to say I hate Christmas songs and Christmas in general. Meeting him and radio interviews and sitdowns are his problem. People have not left the alone since the media started bashing him 1000's of times.
 His stage is where you will see his real emotions,demons,joy, and tidbits of his life.
I am more proud of the guy more than ever because with this album there is a slight sad side to kinda like he misses his mom and youth,etc.
 I'd much rather see a christmas album than a needle full of oxycontin in his arm like in VR when his brother died.
I think it's beautiful he has seen the light and is touching his roots from his childhood and wants to live in peace.
 Last time I saw him was at The Bay in Toronto when he walked down the hallway where all the retailer's load their shipments.
 I was hangin at the back door outside and he just got out of a car right in broad daylight and he looked like he was hoping someone would assassinate him. I gave him a low 5 and said" Hey Scott! Don't you wish all these bastards would just leave you alone and just let you do what you do best and he said" Amen Brother it's the story of my life"
 Then one of the first questions out the dj's mouth was" Do you consider yourself a fashion whore?" I almost puked and was ready to jump over the railing and smash his teeth in.
 Interviews and people constantly trying to pry dirt and personal stuff out of him builds up inside you in the matter of a very short time. Every fricken interview sure they talk about what's new but they always talk about his past problems in the weirdest angles ever yet hinting at the same old shit.
 Now it's going on 20 years. So if you want to think that he isn't happy you are right because the only time people make their god damn impressions are based on interviews where he has a huge defensive shield.
 It's borderline Elvis sickness where you can't even leave your house and you have to eyes in the back of your head at all times. 
 He has overcome bigger mountains than Everest and still keeps on truckin where 99.9% of us would either be washed up or most likely dead.
  I'm happy for him trying to make the holidays a better time when it is a very very very tough time for 10's of thousands of people who live in NA where are entire economy is screwed, split families everywhere, under age mothers, and suicide is at the highest levels in the history of NA.
  You all can think what you want but there is way more depth to the guy than damn sitdown for what 15mins or 30 or even less. He already has all your answers before you even ask em.
 Proud of you Scotty for pushing through this media marketing deadly world on a positive note.
I'll probably play your Christmas lp 24hrs a day this holiday season just to help get through it. I get to see my kids  if I'm lucky 4 to 7 days out of a month, divorced,hospitalized several times a year and am sober 90% of the time.
  hawk.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2011, 09:37:17 PM »
If Scott doesnt want the bashing and all the questions I dont think non stop touring and releasing everything form albums to book, to a clothing line and doing all that promoting for each is going to stop it.

Maybe he needs to step away for a bit to do something else that doesnt have to do with msuci or his art, but it seems he cant, he needs something on his plate or he seemingly might go nuts.  Basically it seems whatever he does its becomes a self-destructive thing.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »
 I
If Scott doesnt want the bashing and all the questions I dont think non stop touring and releasing everything form albums to book, to a clothing line and doing all that promoting for each is going to stop it.

Maybe he needs to step away for a bit to do something else that doesnt have to do with msuci or his art, but it seems he cant, he needs something on his plate or he seemingly might go nuts.  Basically it seems whatever he does its becomes a self-destructive thing.
If there was any logic behind what you just said I might have an answer for you.  Maybe youre right he should just stop and give his old lady 60grand a month until he has a metal cup in his hand outside an ice cream shop.
 Just tell me what is destructive about the things he has been creating.  The only self destructive thing are his management , retarded last minute appearance notifications,marketing,tours based on last minute TV schedules.
 Everything he does turns self destructive.....oh shit sorry ...all the books that were printed almost caught his house on fire and I heard there was some english laudry attire that had some stiches missing. How could I forget. He doesn't even talk down about about SLDD lp. It was a concept album just like 12bb and HIG. It's his love and people still the nerve to keep pushing the guy and pushing the guy until he finally falls off the wagon. Gimps like Howard Stern and all the retarded dj's,journalists,news broadcasts,tmz,blabbermouth,etc. I could go on.
 Every project he has put his heart into is for us. He loves to spread joy for his fans and in this sick world there's always aholes in every city that say offensive shit and don't tell me that doesn't build up like a volcano ready to explode. It's been going on since CORE.
 Makes me sick to my stomach but the man is much stronger than you think. Just imagine life on the road and singing your heart out and sweating out every last drop meanwhile he got a damn appearance somewhere the next day at noon 2pm in almost everywhere he goes.
 What he needs is a representative to fill in and deal with all the bs so he can just chill and do what he does best. The biggest mistake he has made was hanging with matt,duff and slash. He should have taken a bigger hiatus instead of getting jacked with those clowns even though the material he wrote and those shows with VR were amazing. How those 3 bozos are still alive is beyond me.
 Then he left vr and within weeks he was on Kimmel. He spend two years after that with stp trying to rid his body of the chems associated with that vr macho crap attitude.
  He does what he does for us and evryone else with a mic or camera in their hand in public that get in his face can burn in hell for all I care. He also needs to revamp his managerial staff. Just ask Doug he'll tell ya.
  "LEAVE THE FUCKIN GUY ALONE" unless you want a funeral or no more shows. It has killed legendary hall of fame musicians and entertainers from day one. Personally it is truly amazing how Scott has survived this long in the sick world  we live in. We are talkin 20 years now and it's the same shit in every thread and public interview.
 How come no one bashes Slash who has been pronounced dead 3 times and still keeps hitting JD and Opiates.  Oh sorry I forgot he was on the cover of guitar hero so the kids think he's just a super hero with no thanks to Scott who remade Slash. If it wasn't for SW Slash would have stayed backstage at camp freddy smackin the crank until the coroner arrived. Where is Slash now?   Oh yeah back doing camp freddy.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »
I'm sorry, but he doesn't sound as vocally strong in the South American shows as he did when he had the string of kick-ass performances during the summer.  Way too nassally and that is how he is able to carry the notes longer.  And he is bi-polar so his mood is always changing.  I have family members that suffer from this problem and it is always an emotional rollercoaster with them.  They are either on a high or a low, no in between.

I, personally, have a problem with some people knowing what is wrong with Scott and not coming out and saying it. 

You and pjstp just check the video section in about 5mins.  The best Scott vocals you'll ever hear in Chile. He is a true veteran and his vocal chords are like steel rods..

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2011, 01:23:04 AM »
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
Edited version of "Winter Wonderland" in Times Square:
http://vimeo.com/34383849

The girl in the video is now holding the JVC camera.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland