October 03, 2024, 12:20:35 AM

Author Topic: "Winter Wonderland" Video  (Read 19997 times)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Winter Wonderland" Video
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
God, I can't get over how terrible this is. It's a complete joke.

I respect him for trying to show how he can cover a broad range of styles and genre's but he looks terrible and he sounds almost just as bad.

I got a bad haircut like that about 20 years ago and I didn't want to leave the house for weeks. All of a sudden because Scott Weiland does it, it's so cool. If you saw a normal guy on the street with that style you'd all laugh at him and think if he paid more than 5 bucks for it he got ripped off.

This video is a car wreck. I'm ashamed I have watched it twice, with the volume down.

Aren't you a little too old to be trolling the internet?

Yeah, because I'm just soooo old. Last I checked, I was still actually quite a bit younger than most others on this board, not that that should have anything to do with this.

Really? Nice attempt at an insult. Try again if you want friend.

Hey man no need to get all angry, it's just a forum.
I  just happened to notice in another thread you said you remember seeing commercials for Core when you were around 12.
I just wanted to let it be known that the guy who's been trolling around here the past week or so is some guy in his 30's, because it doesn't make you look like a loser at all.  ;)
Really? That old and still getting a kick out of trolling the web?
How old are your friends?
Be honest.

Whoa, really dude? Why make it personal? We're talking about our favorite band and I'm being critical. How does that turn into me being a loser and having no life?

None of that shit you asked warrants an answer because it's none of you, or anyone else on this boards business.

I come here to talk music, find new music and possibly download some old gems of my once favorite band. Just because I don't like any of STP's new stuff or what Scott is doing these days, doesn't mean I can't like the old stuff for what it was.

I have just as big of right being here as any of you do. If you don't like my posts, don't read them or don't take the team to respond. ESPECIALLY if you're going to get personal! You're asking ME how old I am?

Who comes off as looking like a fucking loser now?
Take it.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »
oh boys, if this was real life I would be standing between you..just stop it, you both look stupid
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »
Vaporized's posts are getting so predictable.   If he hadn't already commented I was gonna make a mock post from him saying "omg this video sucks, Scott looks terrible blah blah blah  I hate his hair"...which is basically what he said.  I love how he still has time to post in every thread and say how much he hates it, though.   Fucking loser!   I also think it is so funny how obsessed he is with Scott's appearence..like "wahhh Scott isn't hot enough!"

Why name call man? Don't take the time to respond if I annoy you so much. Who looks like a fucking loser now, getting all salty in the vagina that I have a problem with Scott Weiland and his Christmas video?

My opinion man. You don't have to get all butthurt.
Take it.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »
oh boys, if this was real life I would be standing between you..just stop it, you both look stupid

Real life he'd never fuck with me because nobody could be that stupid. Well, maybe?

I'll kindly walk away and take the higher road. No need to respond because anything you'll say will only be an insult towards me so just keep it. I don't give two fucks what you think Silver guns and Candybars and Casual.

I don't focus on many of the posts here but both of you look to be two of the biggest cocksuckers on the board judging by your smite's. No wonder...
Take it.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
Furthermore, I have a great life.

I now have 293 posts since 2003.

Silver guns and Candybars  has nearly 500 posts since... 2010. That's a lot of time, trolling on a message board, no?

Maybe someone needs to think about THEIR life and what THEIR priorities are before taking a stab at someone else?

Just saying...
Take it.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
Look like we got some Grinch's in here ...  you guys are getting coal in your stockings dammit
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:23:15 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
Haha! Yeah, I know.

Thanks for breaking it up and getting us back on track. We're supposed to be talking about the video and how bad it is damnit! :)
Take it.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 03:27:48 PM »
What the video needs to make it reach the higher stratus of cheese is right at the end of t/song where there is  a "Yeah, that ends it, we needed Scotts face to break through the screen with his hands out-stretched saying it.  Classic
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:59:18 PM by DankoJones »

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 03:28:21 PM »
You have to be blind to not see that the video is supposed to be a parody of a 50's Christmas. The VIDEO is supposed to be fun and cheesy. So, yes, I do think he's saying 'hey, it's supposed to be funny' in that regard. It's not like he'd ever do anything like this with STP.

As for everything else, the whole X-Mas thing is pretty ridiculous. There are people bashing Scott and there are people blindly defending Scott, but both parties are getting pissy at other people when they don't agree with their opinions.

On a side note, picking "Winter Wonderland" as a 'single' was a good choice considering it was one of the better ones off the album.

Exactly! It's supposed to be cheesy!! I agree with everything you said!

+2
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »
the fact that this thread has turned into a bashfest proves, at the very least, that this video is controversial :)

It's cheesy as hell. I think we can all agree with that. While that was the point, that doesn't mean I have to like the accurate representation of what they were going for. It's just too over the top and like someone said: Scott is not Weird Al. He's a serious artist that writes original music for rock bands. I realize it's unfair/ridiculous to expect him to always release the same album and/or not take a big risk/departure from his comfort zone. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I admire that Scott tried to do this. It's just not good though. Compare this to Michael Bolton/Michael Buble etc... it's just nowhere near as good, and there's a reason I hate those guys. So that's just my opinion and I am glad that many of you like the album/video. If Scott brings joy to you, that was the whole point, so that's awesome. I just can't take this seriously, and while I know I'm not maybe entirely supposed to, I like to take Scott Weiland seriously. His track record commands it. So this departure was a valiant risk but one that backfired for me.

I like Chris Cornell too. That doesn't mean his Timbaland album should be appreciated. That was a horror of an effort. Again, a big risk he decided to take, but one that exploded in his face. I sadly think this is an embarrassment to Scott's legacy.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
I gotta chrush on the girl in the pinkish top with the blonde hair

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »

I'll kindly walk away and take the higher road. No need to respond because anything you'll say will only be an insult towards me so just keep it. I don't give two fucks what you think Silver guns and Candybars and Casual.

I don't focus on many of the posts here but both of you look to be two of the biggest cocksuckers on the board judging by your smite's. No wonder...

Great job on taking the higher road there.  :P

Robert DeNiro

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 05:31:35 PM »
God, I can't get over how terrible this is. It's a complete joke.

I respect him for trying to show how he can cover a broad range of styles and genre's but he looks terrible and he sounds almost just as bad.

I got a bad haircut like that about 20 years ago and I didn't want to leave the house for weeks. All of a sudden because Scott Weiland does it, it's so cool. If you saw a normal guy on the street with that style you'd all laugh at him and think if he paid more than 5 bucks for it he got ripped off.

This video is a car wreck. I'm ashamed I have watched it twice, with the volume down.

I just read several of your troll rants in other threads and was going to reply to this troll rant but then I read about your age. In your 30's? LOL

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »
the fact that this thread has turned into a bashfest proves, at the very least, that this video is controversial :)

It's cheesy as hell. I think we can all agree with that. While that was the point, that doesn't mean I have to like the accurate representation of what they were going for. It's just too over the top and like someone said: Scott is not Weird Al. He's a serious artist that writes original music for rock bands. I realize it's unfair/ridiculous to expect him to always release the same album and/or not take a big risk/departure from his comfort zone. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I admire that Scott tried to do this. It's just not good though. Compare this to Michael Bolton/Michael Buble etc... it's just nowhere near as good, and there's a reason I hate those guys. So that's just my opinion and I am glad that many of you like the album/video. If Scott brings joy to you, that was the whole point, so that's awesome. I just can't take this seriously, and while I know I'm not maybe entirely supposed to, I like to take Scott Weiland seriously. His track record commands it. So this departure was a valiant risk but one that backfired for me.

I like Chris Cornell too. That doesn't mean his Timbaland album should be appreciated. That was a horror of an effort. Again, a big risk he decided to take, but one that exploded in his face. I sadly think this is an embarrassment to Scott's legacy.
Very well said.  But I’m not convinced Scott intended the album and/or video to be cheesy/funny.  Think about some of the things he’s  said:

“I’ve been listening to these songs my entire life.  It was a great honor to do this album.”

"My memories of Christmas time are very special,  especially as a youngster.  These songs,  however they are stylized, have been done and redone by so many different  people—yet people love to listen to them every holiday season.  It's something that I want to just be part  of."

“It’s a theater tour and it will be very classy.”

Like the album, this video is not something I can play with pride for my non-fan friends.  I can anticipate the response:  “Wow, so this is Scott Weiland?  The guy you travel around the country to see?”  Um, no.  This is not that guy.

Some of us like this.  Some of us don't.  But we're all very passionate about Scott.  And I think that's a good thing.     :)
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
Who would have guessed a Christmas album could cause so much negativity?  ;)
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides