October 03, 2024, 12:20:22 AM

Author Topic: "Winter Wonderland" Video  (Read 19996 times)

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Winter Wonderland" Video
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
I literally cannot believe Scott Weiland attached his name/face to that video. A new low. Ugh.

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »
The video is posted on Scott's facebook page.  Among the comments is this gem:  "Pee Wee's Christmas Adventure."
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 09:39:58 PM »

Funny stuff, in recent years though I really wonder what's going on in Scott's ole noggin.  Hopefully he's okay.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 10:28:09 PM »
Hope he releases his original tune.

True the isnt the best song he did on the album.  And I too dont get the outrage that its cheesy and its set in the 50's .. it seems thats what they were going for and were successful.  Scott should make a cameo on Madmen as a crooner

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 11:26:58 PM »
I wholeheartedly love the video. Not sure what are you seeing, guys.
No offense, Vaporized, I respect you, your contributions to the community and your opinions, but the amount of negative comments is getting ridiculous. We got it - you personally "don't  like" this album and everything about it. Do I or anyone else really need to read another hundred of your comments stating this? There are so many of them, that it almost seems like there are 10x more haters than there actually are.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

bigvin22

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
I think the video is pretty humorous.  But, he's clearly had some facial work done or something right??  He's starting to look different to me.

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 12:53:21 AM »
You have to be blind to not see that the video is supposed to be a parody of a 50's Christmas. The VIDEO is supposed to be fun and cheesy. So, yes, I do think he's saying 'hey, it's supposed to be funny' in that regard. It's not like he'd ever do anything like this with STP.

As for everything else, the whole X-Mas thing is pretty ridiculous. There are people bashing Scott and there are people blindly defending Scott, but both parties are getting pissy at other people when they don't agree with their opinions.

On a side note, picking "Winter Wonderland" as a 'single' was a good choice considering it was one of the better ones off the album.

Exactly! It's supposed to be cheesy!! I agree with everything you said!
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 02:08:20 AM »
Vaporized's posts are getting so predictable.   If he hadn't already commented I was gonna make a mock post from him saying "omg this video sucks, Scott looks terrible blah blah blah  I hate his hair"...which is basically what he said.  I love how he still has time to post in every thread and say how much he hates it, though.   Fucking loser!   I also think it is so funny how obsessed he is with Scott's appearence..like "wahhh Scott isn't hot enough!"

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 02:24:24 AM »
I agree with Tyrant...not sure what everyone is unhappy or complaining about.  It's a simple, basic xmas song that sounds fine.  I don't think Scott could have done anything groundbreaking with Winter Wonderland anyway..thought he did a good job with the song.  And the video is fine for what it is..cheesy, 50's type Christmas scenes.  Like I've said about the album, don't over analyze it and just enjoy some xmas music.  We can analyze every lyric and note on the next STP or solo album.

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 02:28:37 AM »
God, I can't get over how terrible this is. It's a complete joke.

I respect him for trying to show how he can cover a broad range of styles and genre's but he looks terrible and he sounds almost just as bad.

I got a bad haircut like that about 20 years ago and I didn't want to leave the house for weeks. All of a sudden because Scott Weiland does it, it's so cool. If you saw a normal guy on the street with that style you'd all laugh at him and think if he paid more than 5 bucks for it he got ripped off.

This video is a car wreck. I'm ashamed I have watched it twice, with the volume down.

Aren't you a little too old to be trolling the internet?

Yeah, because I'm just soooo old. Last I checked, I was still actually quite a bit younger than most others on this board, not that that should have anything to do with this.

Really? Nice attempt at an insult. Try again if you want friend.

Hey man no need to get all angry, it's just a forum.
I  just happened to notice in another thread you said you remember seeing commercials for Core when you were around 12.
I just wanted to let it be known that the guy who's been trolling around here the past week or so is some guy in his 30's, because it doesn't make you look like a loser at all.  ;)
Really? That old and still getting a kick out of trolling the web?
How old are your friends?
Be honest.

wickedpilot

• Co-Pilot
  • STP is kewl.
    • View Profile
    • www.stonetemplecopilots.com
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 02:58:06 AM »
I think Scott could've gotten a face lift?  Maybe some eye work done?  It's mainly around the eyes that look different to me personally.  Other than that-amazing video. You could tell it was meant to be a cheese fest and I got some genuine laughs. NOT at him-with him.
"Let's all fake happiness, we'll put on a good show."
"They hold for ransom all the watered down truth's that splintered your-faith."

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 04:05:42 AM »
I don't know why so many people have a problem with the hair cut. His hair is fine with me. I have seen worse by him anyway.

The video is hilariously cheesy, which I think it was meant to be. If it's not meant to be cheesy, theeeeeeeen we got a problem.

And for the record, I don't like his X-Mas album at all. I like Christmas music during the season; just not by my favorite rock star.
adhesive love

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 04:36:14 AM »
I like it.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 07:50:28 AM »

Funny stuff, in recent years though I really wonder what's going on in Scott's ole noggin.  Hopefully he's okay.

He's done something to his face

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »
                                I don't see anything different other than maybe he got his eyebrows trimmed or shaped a certain way. Kinda sucks though that Scott has to be put under a microscope like this. Of course he looks different from years before,it's called age people. That one photo of him in the red hair, that's during his VR years when he was skinnier. Naturally he's going to look different as the years pass just like anyone else on this earth. When I first saw the video I thought he kinda looked like the 80's modern rock singer from ABC lol. Again I did thought the video was cheesy which I'm sure it's suppose to be but I'm sure Scott is having fun doing videos like that and making a Christmas album. Be happy for the guy instead of being so critical!  ;)

8)