October 02, 2024, 10:26:38 PM

Author Topic: "Winter Wonderland" Video  (Read 19982 times)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Winter Wonderland" Video
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »
Slicked back and shaved down to the scalp on the sides when you're balding is a very bad look.

I'm not a fashionista by any means but dear god... it's bad.

He would have looked cooler with hair like he had back in 1996 when they were on Letterman and they played Lady Picture Show.
Take it.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »
And yeah, it does look like he had some work done on his face, and not in a good way.
Take it.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »
You guys do get that this is supposed to be funny, right?
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »
Wow...it keeps getting worse. LOL. I just need to wipe the memory of watching this video out of my brain!!
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »
'You guys do get that this is supposed to be funny, right?'

Was there a press release from Weiland saying...'My Christmas CD and the first video are intended to be funny. Pay no attention to the horrible vocals and bad video.'

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 05:53:44 PM »
God, I can't get over how terrible this is. It's a complete joke.

I respect him for trying to show how he can cover a broad range of styles and genre's but he looks terrible and he sounds almost just as bad.

I got a bad haircut like that about 20 years ago and I didn't want to leave the house for weeks. All of a sudden because Scott Weiland does it, it's so cool. If you saw a normal guy on the street with that style you'd all laugh at him and think if he paid more than 5 bucks for it he got ripped off.

This video is a car wreck. I'm ashamed I have watched it twice, with the volume down.

Aren't you a little too old to be trolling the internet?

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »
I think it's great (regardless of your opinion on the album/video) that he got this video out so quickly.  Glad to see some promotion
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »
I think it's great (regardless of your opinion on the album/video) that he got this video out so quickly.  Glad to see some promotion
I agree!!  Finally they are doing something right!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
so this gets released and the cinnamon video never sees the light of day. god hates stp fans.

Ain't that the truth.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
You have to be blind to not see that the video is supposed to be a parody of a 50's Christmas. The VIDEO is supposed to be fun and cheesy. So, yes, I do think he's saying 'hey, it's supposed to be funny' in that regard. It's not like he'd ever do anything like this with STP.

As for everything else, the whole X-Mas thing is pretty ridiculous. There are people bashing Scott and there are people blindly defending Scott, but both parties are getting pissy at other people when they don't agree with their opinions.

On a side note, picking "Winter Wonderland" as a 'single' was a good choice considering it was one of the better ones off the album.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »
I'm not getting pissy with anyone (i know you weren't pointing me out)...but, i stand firm in the belief that this release was not intended by Weiland to be funny. He isn't Weird Al.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 07:50:52 PM »
I'm not getting pissy with anyone (i know you weren't pointing me out)...but, i stand firm in the belief that this release was not intended by Weiland to be funny. He isn't Weird Al.

I agree that album was not intended to be funny. But the video isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 07:51:28 PM »

I respect him for trying to show how he can cover a broad range of styles and genre's but he looks terrible and he sounds almost just as bad.

I got a bad haircut like that about 20 years ago and I didn't want to leave the house for weeks. All of a sudden because Scott Weiland does it, it's so cool. If you saw a normal guy on the street with that style you'd all laugh at him and think if he paid more than 5 bucks for it he got ripped off.

This video is a car wreck. I'm ashamed I have watched it twice, with the volume down.

Yeah, because I'm just soooo old. Last I checked, I was still actually quite a bit younger than most others on this board, not that that should have anything to do with this.

Really? Nice attempt at an insult. Try again if you want friend.
Take it.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »

Yeah, because I'm just soooo old. Last I checked, I was still actually quite a bit younger than most others on this board, not that that should have anything to do with this.

Really? Nice attempt at an insult. Try again if you want friend.

Too young to be using the internet? ;)

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 09:02:01 PM »
'You guys do get that this is supposed to be funny, right?'

Was there a press release from Weiland saying...'My Christmas CD and the first video are intended to be funny. Pay no attention to the horrible vocals and bad video.'

This video is very, very obviously supposed to be funny. 
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.