October 04, 2024, 09:31:16 AM

Author Topic: SPIN streaming Weiland Christmas album NOW!  (Read 11250 times)

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
Re: SPIN streaming Weiland Christmas album NOW!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »
I'm pretty shocked this was released with all the stuff they have said would come out over the years....
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 07:18:38 PM »
I listened to the first couple of songs and I like it so far.  I will save the rest for Tuesday.  But Weiland could put out an album in any style and I think I'd like it.  With that said, I truly do think this is a very good Christmas album.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

wickedpilot

• Co-Pilot
  • STP is kewl.
    • View Profile
    • www.stonetemplecopilots.com
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »
No they won't, and neither is anybody attempting to suppress your right to say what you want. So the persecuted whining is totally unnecessary.

I agree that his vocals are a bit wobbly, it's nice to hear his actual voice for once as well though, not buried under layers of compression and overdubs like on the last STP album.

You may have confused my sarcasm for 'persecuted whining'? I'm sorry if you did get confused. I wrote that statement based on the first post I made about the album that wasn't nearly as bad as my last post-but, received 6 smites. The karma thing is bullshit. It's nothing but walking on egg shells and ass-kissing in all of these threads. That is what I was feeling 'persecuted' about I guess.
I can hear it now-the whole, "if you don't like the rules don't post here" spiel. Whatever. Delusional is a good word to be used for the reaction towards this album, like 'stpfanjosh' said.
Still. It's way too sub-par to think he gave a shit about this one.

"Let's all fake happiness, we'll put on a good show."
"They hold for ransom all the watered down truth's that splintered your-faith."

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »
No they won't, and neither is anybody attempting to suppress your right to say what you want. So the persecuted whining is totally unnecessary.

I agree that his vocals are a bit wobbly, it's nice to hear his actual voice for once as well though, not buried under layers of compression and overdubs like on the last STP album.

You may have confused my sarcasm for 'persecuted whining'? I'm sorry if you did get confused. I wrote that statement based on the first post I made about the album that wasn't nearly as bad as my last post-but, received 6 smites. The karma thing is bullshit. It's nothing but walking on egg shells and ass-kissing in all of these threads. That is what I was feeling 'persecuted' about I guess.
I can hear it now-the whole, "if you don't like the rules don't post here" spiel. Whatever. Delusional is a good word to be used for the reaction towards this album, like 'stpfanjosh' said.
Still. It's way too sub-par to think he gave a shit about this one.

Look I had the same feelings that you do about the album after hearing the samples, and I still don't like the first couple of songs, but I really do enjoy some of the other ones. Maybe it's because I love Christmas music to begin with, maybe it's cause Weiland is one of my idols. I dunno. But I sure as hell ain't delusional in liking "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"; that is a good song, haha.

wickedpilot

• Co-Pilot
  • STP is kewl.
    • View Profile
    • www.stonetemplecopilots.com
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
I completely agree with you 'stp92'. I LOVE Christmas music, and Scott! Hell, I'm Scott in a STP tribute band, so my dedication to him or his music isn't an issue. It's just a simple fact. We know what he's done, and what he can do. This isn't it. This album actually sparked a lot of interest for me-and I definitely reserved my full opinion until I heard all of the songs in entirety. The verdict remains the same, personally speaking.
"Let's all fake happiness, we'll put on a good show."
"They hold for ransom all the watered down truth's that splintered your-faith."

JohnL

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Light My Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 11:20:37 PM »
All the Christmas crooner's would be proud. Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Andy Williams, Dean Martin. Beautifully produced by Doug and company. What an amazing album.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:23:26 PM by JohnL »

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 06:21:09 AM »
All the Christmas crooner's would be proud. Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Andy Williams, Dean Martin. Beautifully produced by Doug and company. What an amazing album.

If Crosby, Ives, Williams and Martin all saw this they'd turn over in their graves.

Shame on you, comparing THIS abomination to any of those works. Really dude?
Take it.

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »
My only complaint is timing.
Why oh why is this not an early December or late November release?
I was  literally putting up halloween decorations while streaming the whole album yesterday.

Haha! I feel the same way!

I'm definitely playing this album during this year's Halloween party.

Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
I still haven't listened to it.  I'll probably just order the CD and wait.  I don't care if he sounds "boozed up" on some of the songs. I actually think it is funny and in the Weiland spirit.  Christmas is all about getting drunk ;D   I'm sure I will like this album just like the other stuff. 

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 06:44:14 PM »
I always wanted to listen to Scott do songs with a jazz vibe to em and this album's goin dat way as ive listened to half of it..  He's so damn versatile!! Sometime's his voice reminds me of the late night radio storytelling dat used to play on the radio when i was a kid. He's nailed this album and i think regardless of when u listen to this album, its enjoyable and fun! Great job, Scott! And the instrumentation's brilliant too!!! :)

The covers album needed some better production and i guess Scott wasn't able to give it all his time with all dat he keeps himself busy with.... but this album, feels whole-hearted and given-all! :)

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
I think he sounds great, just as I expected. Looking forward to getting my copy.  :)
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Listening now and its not bad but I cant get into any type of Christmas music when it's October
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 02:26:43 AM »
Any Canadians seen this in a store?  Im in no rush to buy Im just curious if its being sold here yet

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
 I don't think it's hit the official store release date. I'm sure it will be in our country HMV
Just listened to the whole album streamed. Kinda depressing cause I'm still in summer mode.
You either have to register  or sign in with your twitter or FB account and click the mp3 in the top left.
http://www.spin.com/articles/first-spin-hear-scott-weilands-full-christmas-album-be-merry
Suprised theyre doing this because I guess they figure it will be a torrent anyway. You could use any of the free programs like what you hear and it records everything playing through your sound card even lossless like shn and flac and of course mp3. Just don't click anything else that will make a noise while its runnin.
 Jeeesh where's my coat.
On a positive note is there anything this guy can't sing(no rap jokes). Unbelievable repetoire in Scott's capabilities is why he is a livin legend.
hawk

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
Listening now and its not bad but I cant get into any type of Christmas music when it's October

Same here. I decided to download it. I listened to the first track and that was it. I probably won't revisit the album till December.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..