September 19, 2024, 04:21:50 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Interview - Realization of Addiction  (Read 8655 times)

grits

• Arrival
  • So is it raining in your bedroom?
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland Interview - Realization of Addiction
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »
There are 2 videos on YouTube of an interview Scott did, looks like it's for Music Cares. I'm sorry that I can't paste the link here but if you go to YouTube and search 'Scott Weiland' they will come up. They are called Realization of Addiction with Scott Weiland. They may be old, and if so I apologize, but I didn't see anything posted about them.   :)
Front & Center for Scott Weiland: 10/13/00; 11/05/04; 04/30/11

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
Re: Scott Weiland Interview - Realization of Addiction
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:29:15 PM »
First time i see those videos! thank you !
Seems like you left me when you broke down

MattWales

• STPtribute.com
  • Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • STPtribute.com
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:47:05 PM »
Good share thanks.

‪Scott Weiland - Path to Addiction‬
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEH36seQ8IQ

‪Scott Weiland talks about MusiCares‬
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEoD5nZG1dE

‪The Realization of Addiction with Scott Weiland ‬
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ4UkP8ij_U

‪Scott Weiland Interviewed about Addiction's Toll‬
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltcSObocD8g

Adhesive12

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »
Cool, they're back up! I saw these like a year ago or more on Youtube, but then they were removed.... as I recall, he talks about the recording of "Tiny Music..." in depth in one of the videos, and about driving for hours to get heroin and back.  Also, touring and trying to score drugs in different cities.  Gonna watch these again now.
Jerry Jeff riding high on the radio / I wanna know why you had to go...

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:39:35 AM »
Scott looks so much healthier now than he did when this was recorded. However, he sounds better then.   ???
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 12:53:42 AM »
Scott looks so much healthier now than he did when this was recorded. However, he sounds better then.   ???
He looks healthier now but I think that when this was recorded He was completely clean

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58:26 AM »
wow he sounds really coherent here

Adhesive12

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 02:11:12 AM »
My assumption is the reason he sounded so INCOHERENT during the book promo interviews from this year must be that he decided to take anti-depressants regularly, or SOMETHING.... I mean yeah, there's an obvious difference between these interviews and the 2011 ones.  He definitely seems medicated now. I don't know really, it's confusing to me.  I mean, something seems drastically wrong in the Matt Pinfield and Howard Stern interviews from this year.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »
the problem now that's different from these interviews is definitely the bi-polar meds. You feel like a zombie. He's also drinking on the meds, which is really stupid and makes things worse. It worsens the zombie affect and is counteracts the benefits you get from the drugs. He's basically lethargic from the meds AND drunk from the booze. That's why he slurs his words, can get his thoughts out, and stumbles in his speech.

Adhesive12

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »
the problem now that's different from these interviews is definitely the bi-polar meds. You feel like a zombie. He's also drinking on the meds, which is really stupid and makes things worse. It worsens the zombie affect and is counteracts the benefits you get from the drugs. He's basically lethargic from the meds AND drunk from the booze. That's why he slurs his words, can get his thoughts out, and stumbles in his speech.

Has he stated on record that he takes meds now?

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
I remember when these came out...sorry if someone already said it and I missed it but I'm almost positive it was 2007...I know it was Libertad-era Velvet Revolver
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »
LMAO in the first video "Path to Addiction" at around 0:40 Scott says "I never really fart - never really felt..." hahaha
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
I remember when these came out...sorry if someone already said it and I missed it but I'm almost positive it was 2007...I know it was Libertad-era Velvet Revolver

I'm pretty sure you're right.  He received an award one of those years from Music Cares (they do one every year for artists who have fought battle with addiction and recovered) which makes sense why they would do focused interviews with him.  Unfortunately, I don't think it was too much long after when Scott got busted again or it was revealed that he was using again.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 04:40:56 AM »

Now, hold on just a minute... Every now and then, Scott Weiland fans seem to completely revise the pathology of bipolar disorder and its treatment in order to explain away addict behavior. You make it sound as if the only choice you have is between suffering from your disorder or combating it with medication that will, without exception, turn you into a zombie. There are plenty of people who suffer from bipolar disorder who are able to live a normal life on medication. And for you to even pretend to know what medication Scott is on - if any at all - and how it affects him is just plain absurd and ignorant. Bipolar is a serious condition which shouldn't be used flippantly as an explanation for erratic behavior displayed by a person you do not even know.
Karma schmarma.

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 07:40:12 AM »

Now, hold on just a minute... Every now and then, Scott Weiland fans seem to completely revise the pathology of bipolar disorder and its treatment in order to explain away addict behavior. You make it sound as if the only choice you have is between suffering from your disorder or combating it with medication that will, without exception, turn you into a zombie. There are plenty of people who suffer from bipolar disorder who are able to live a normal life on medication. And for you to even pretend to know what medication Scott is on - if any at all - and how it affects him is just plain absurd and ignorant. Bipolar is a serious condition which shouldn't be used flippantly as an explanation for erratic behavior displayed by a person you do not even know.

I don't think that Juge was trying to make assumptions or say that people with bipolar cannot live normal, well-adjusted lives.  However, I will concur that psych meds do make many feel, at worst, very foggy &/or lethargic.  At best, there is a measure of detachment that one feels while on meds like lithium, serequel or depakote, (just to name a few).  Obviously, I don't know Scott so I cannot be certain that he takes his meds, but according to his book, he IS drinking regularly.  I can tell you that adding alcohol to any potent anti-psychotic medication is beyond sedating.  In fact, it is as dangerous as any of the hard drugs that Scott has ever done in the past.  It's all about respiratory depression.  In addition, he has had at least one seizure that I know of, (possibly others?).  Some anti-psychotics help to keep seizures in check, or perhaps he takes a benzo medication to prevent them, (Klonopin, Serax, etc).  The bottom line is that yes, many folks sound and act "normally" while taking meds to treat their bipolar.  But if someone drinks with said medications, it will result in some less than desirable side effects.  Also, for me, when I am listening to more current interviews with Scott, I hear what is known by P-Docs as "word searching," as well as an overall sense of complete emotional detachment.  The "word searching" is a helluva damn frustrating thing to experience.  That side effect alone is enough to make a lot of people not want to take those meds.  Do you ever have a thought or a word that comes to mind and have a sort of "brain fart" where you just completely forget what you were about to say?  Well, imagine that happening to you on a regular basis.  It is disheartening and frustrating.  I mention emotional detachment because he doesn't seem expressive like he was before.  He doesn't laugh at funny stuff the same as he did before.  When he smiles, I no longer see it in his eyes.  It's as if the light has gone.  Granted, hardships and loss will do that to a person, but the psych meds just drive many people to a place that is completely apathetic. 
Are you good and lubed up?