October 02, 2024, 08:30:44 PM

Author Topic: 2011-11-16 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Luna Park  (Read 19267 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-11-16 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Luna Park
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 03:49:51 AM »
Damn, Shangri. You so lucky.

In other news, what's with that scar above Scott's eyebrow?
Bleeda blooda

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 04:15:35 AM »
OMG!!!!! AGOS!!!!!!  I dont even know what to say!!!  I am so happy for you!!!!!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 03:24:05 PM »
Thanks for the pics, reviews and stories. Good job to Shangri with the D&B intro!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »
OMG I just saw the video and I had tears in my eyes for you...thats is so awesome girl!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
Damn Shangri, lucky lucky girl and I love how you ran to Dean on stage.
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
HEY! Cool story!!! Felicidades! :D
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2011, 04:51:57 AM »
I just watched the video and, like Cori, had tears in my eyes!  You are so goddamn adorable and you did an awesome job!  I hate you. :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2011, 04:54:21 AM »
Awesome job on the intro  :)
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »
OMG Agos!!!  I'm so happy for you!!  Great job on the intro!  I love your stories and so happy that you got to meet Scott and Dean (again)!!  Thanks for sharing all the details. 

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2011, 03:24:17 AM »

In other news, what's with that scar above Scott's eyebrow?

He probably mouthed off to Kretz.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
aww I love you, guys :-*

Sorry that I'm a bit late with all the details and stuff, busy week...

Show day, 7.30 a.m. I'm already on the line (a bit too early, but I NEEDED the rail more than EVER) and I was not the first but the second one :P
As you imagine what might have happened during those hours is not very interesting. Doors opened at 7.30 pm, there were two opening acts. STP was scheluded at 9.30, show started at 9.45 (same as last year)

Setlist, what we've been hearing

Crackerman
Wicked Garden
Vasoline
Heaven and Hot rods
Between the lines
Hickory Dichotomy
Still Remains
Big Empty
Silvergun Superman
Plush
Interstate Love Song
Big Bang Baby
Down
Sex Type Thing

Dead & Bloated
Trippin' on a whole in a paper heart

The place was not as packed out as last year, but it probably had more to do with Pearl Jam, Chris Cornell (2 shows) and Faith No More playing in the same week.
They sounded as tight as only STP can do it. Every review says the same, "yes it was short, yes it was the same setlist, but damn they're amazingly solid".
I was on the rail on Robert's side (as you already know, I can't get to meet this man, so :P ), my first time there. Jesus!! what a showman! it's too hard to not keep your eyes on him. Scott was not as talkactive as last time, but he did address the crowd a few times. Of course they jammed over the chantings, looooove when bands do it. ILS and Plush were intense as always. Big Bang Baby was what crowd was expecting since they didn't play it last year. To me, Hickory sounded better. And I don't remember Dead and Bloated ;D
So, OMG just thinking about that moment gets me excited all over, I guessed the first time I showed my sign was before BBB or after. The point is, Robert was right in front of me, it's now or never! Rob stopped what he was doing, took the time to read it, and nodded back at me and smiled. I was already out of me!
When STT was over I raised my sign again, the four of them had to pass right in front of me, don't know who saw it, if anyone.
Two or three minutes later they were again on stage, they started throwing some towels and shirts to the crowd. Meanwhile I can't believe what I'm seeing, Eric is getting close to me -omg is gonna happen?- Eric is bending down right in front of me - shit! it's gonna happen- Eric is grabbing my hands trying to pull me up -HOLY CRAP IS HAPPENING!!!-
The prevention guy was trying to keep me down, MAAAAAAN! THE DRUMMER WANTS ME UP THERE!!!- well, he finally got it and helped me to get out of there. Eric was there to grab me I hugged him sooooooo tight, he did not let go, he took me to the stage center on his arms :-* (he was probably afraid I was not able to walk haha)
I found Scott there-I don't know myself anymore- I heard him say "It's a laaady..." hugged him, of course.
Don't know in which moment I ran toward Dean, I hugged him, he said to me "You made it, sweetie" AWWW AWW AWWW
Back with Scott "do you know the lyrics?" "yeap" Either way, he whispered them to my ear, I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER forget his voice singing "I am smelling like a rose..." After that intense moment I had to do the intro. The venue full of heads and arms is so powerfull. I'm holding the fucking megaphone!!!! Ok, done with the intro I hugged Scott again, and I had to run off the stage I waved at Robert, did not want to interrump his playing, and he smiled back.
Again in the crowd, was hugged by some strangers. People were nothing but nice and sweet :-*

I can still see Eric's face while he was approaching to me, ninth cloud -I'm gonna be there for a long time.

Pics of the show

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.289528194412710.75524.154576251241239&type=3
http://www.elacople.com/Noticias.aspx?Id=5423
http://www.muchla.com/noticias/stone-temple-pilots-derroche-de-rock-alternativo-en-buenos-aires
http://rollingstone.com.ar/1424057-stone-temple-pilots-en-el-luna-park-al-calor-del-hogar
http://inconcert.fmrockandpop.com/ (It's the article titled "Lindo, Lindo" that's something Scott said :) )

I made it to the newspapaer! ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

VinylGuy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »
ey shangri, i was at the show and the moment you were upstage and sang was one of the coolest moments ever in a show.
you really nailed it!!
i have some pics of you, do you want them?

pd: i even traveled with you in the 22 ...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »
ey shangri, i was at the show and the moment you were upstage and sang was one of the coolest moments ever in a show.
you really nailed it!!
i have some pics of you, do you want them?

pd: i even traveled with you in the 22 ...

Sure! I need to collect as much as I can ;D
and thanks! so you were one of the guys who spoke to me or you just saw me in the bus?

Ride the Cliche

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2011, 04:46:15 PM »
That is absolutely FANTASTIC!  So happy for you! :D
Too many shows to list...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2011, 03:51:47 AM »
Here is one of the three group shots with Dean (the rest are on Dean's phone).

We both have a special bound, nothing to do about that :P