October 02, 2024, 06:23:43 PM

Author Topic: 2011-11-16 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Luna Park  (Read 19253 times)

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-11-16 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Luna Park
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 07:25:29 PM »
Great job on the intro to D&B!

marcos69

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
ajajaj agos, shangri no te asociaba hasta hace 5 minutos y me di cuenta que sos la misma del twitter jaja que boludo que soy. estuviste muy bien te lo merecĂ­as.

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
I'm happy for you Shangri!  What a dream come true.  To stand on stage with your favorite band
and sing!  Super-cool!

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »
That's just fantastic!
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 10:32:50 PM »
Awesome Shangri!  :)
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »
That's awesome! Congrats Shangri!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 04:49:00 AM »
Ahhhhhh!

I can't wait to hear more - and hopefully see a video of my BITCH in action!  Agos, I am soooo happy for you (and totally jealous - ha!).  This is such wonderful news, but I AM disappointed that, once again, a Bad Girl met SRW and yet, we still haven't captured him!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »
Thank you guys!! I still don't know if you are being extremely nice to me or not, haven't watched a single video yet, my memory is still too fresh :P

Nice.  Shangri has all the luck.  At the next show, she will be like "hey guys. guess what...I married Scott!" lol
hahaha nice one! One has to move fast when you don't know when it's gonna be the next time ;)

Jessie, you were who thought of the idea of a D&B sign first, so this is somehow because of you, thank you :)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »
congrats Shangri, what happened after you went offstage? did you get to watch from the side?

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
Thas looks so wicked .. where the details on the show? .. crowd looks amazing.  Next time STP plays in one of those cities I might try to go
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:46:12 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »
Ok, let's start by the beginning...

Tuesday, my partner in crime and I went to the hotels at 10 am. We were coming and going from one hotel to another (just 3 streets away) the whole morning under a burning sun that was not going to go anywhere. We didn't know which was the one they were staying in.
Finally at 3 pm we found out they were at both. Scott was in one, the other guys in another (later there was a rumor that it was actually 3 hotels, but we couldn't confirm :P).
So, as soon as we got the text saying where Scott was, we ran to that place. We must have waited a minute, we were just sitting opposite to the hotel front when my friend says to me "Agos, that's Scott?" me from the floor "no, it's not" she "Yes, he is boluda" - He was indeed.
He was walking down the hotel hall smoking (yes, he was smoking still INSIDE haha), she approached to him (she is the one who can talk in this situations) and I think there were two more boys waiting too, honestly I don't know.
He wasn't in the mood, still he agreed to take some photos and sign some stuff, we left me alone later still looking at him from very close. He could have easily got in to the hotel and waited for his van and driver there, but he didn't he remained outside with us around just looking at him like a bunch of shaking idiots :P
So, when we finally made contact, we shook fingers, his hands were busy. We took the photos then he signed my book, signed my friend's photo, she was talking I was just standing there, watching him. And we left him, but he was still there and I was with my signed book in hand but something was missing. I approached to him again and asked him to personalize it, "sure!" :D
Like I said, he was smoking Camel, drinking a Coke and talking about getting some change. The woman (a local assistant, I'd say) with him asked him if he wanted to go and get some change, he said and I'll quote "yeah, I've been here a couple of times, they accept my credit card" -that was not a very smart question, IF she was actually from here, she must've known this is a country where dollars are accepted and wanted EVERYWHERE.
When he finished his cigarette he asked where he could leave it, the woman told him to throw it on the street and pointed out some water, he did. And I'm not going to say more ;D
Then he got in the van and left...

look at that ass!

This is not my best picture people but I don't care :D (It was unexpected! and this can be worse than my state during D&B haha)

Gorgeous

So, now we need the rest. But they were not in Argentina yet, yes, different flights too. It was around 4.30 pm by now.
We waited and waited and waited...
At six they arrived, nobody saw them, we were not in that hotel either but it's not my idea to catch them when they've just arrived, I imagine it must be horrible!

8 pm we are now walking to the hotel where the band is in. Before we could get there, we saw Dean waiting outside alone texting :D Poor thing, he didn't know what was gonna happen. We are not longer 4 or 5 we are TONS.
This sweet man talked, hugged, signed, took pictures with each of us and in some cases more than one time.
Of course, he remembered me haha, every time he called me sweetie or sweetheart I melted down a bit more :-*
I got two shots with him and he signed my SLDD.
Then HE wanted a group shot!! ain't that amazing!?! And of course I was hugging him in that one too. I still don't have that pic but I will get it. He also took this one with his phone, twice!!

He was waiting for Robert to get some dinner, we asked for Eric, he did not answer first then he said he didn't know (maybe he was in that third hotel?). He finally got inside while we chanted "ole ole ole oleeee Dean Dean". Minutes later he went out again but we behaved, and he said goodbye with a huge smile. We saw him leave, walking alone... that's a bizarre feeling. That man means the world to you and he's out there between people who don't know him! it's crazy.

Robert never showed up, haha I don't blame him. They probably met up at the restaurant. And we did not see Eric either.

My friend and I decided that it was enough for us, 11 hours and a half nonstop with only a yogurt in our system. And we had a show tomorrow which meant another loooooong day. But before we left, we went back to Scott's hotel, and saw him arrived from his earlier trip very exhausted. This time he did not take any picture with anyone and signed I guess two things.

I ended up with a tan I was not looking for

Tomorrow the show details! :)

Edit: Eric was at the same hotel than DeLeo's. I've just found pics
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:26:03 PM by Shangri »

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 08:09:52 PM »
congrats Shangri, what happened after you went offstage? did you get to watch from the side?
I went offstage by the same stairs they used, again to the crowd.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2011, 02:14:49 AM »
That's awesome, Shangri!!!!!!! Proud of and happy for you!
adhesive love